U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 10:39 AM

37,232 posts, read 43,581,144 times

Advertisements

...and plenty of people with ink avoid the forearm altogether.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 10:47 AM

18,847 posts, read 32,523,311 times
What is your ethnicity? My son got a Celtic knot on his arm, that looks very similar,
https://www.google.com/search?q=celt...w=1024&bih=672

I suggest something that is meaningful to you.

Old 12-24-2013, 11:47 AM

1,474 posts, read 3,145,148 times
I would not hire anyone with a visible tattoo. I'd be careful were I you.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:09 PM

18,434 posts, read 30,113,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accencao View Post
er.. most people I know have tattoos, and the opinions of others mean little to me. You're making it sound it's inherently wrong to get a tattoo or have one lol..
If you think that was what I was saying, you have a comprehension problem. I have many tattoos, and as a tattooed person, I was telling you what you may go through.

Err, ok?

Old 12-24-2013, 01:19 PM

8,610 posts, read 6,461,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
If pubes are coming back, can tattoos go away?

Pubes are making a comeback?

Old 12-24-2013, 01:25 PM

80 posts, read 88,224 times
Quote:
and the opinions of others mean little to me.
So why are you asking others "what tattoo design would look good"?

Old 12-24-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiyo-e View Post
I have a theory that in the future we'll be able to guess a person's age within 5 years without even seeing their face - all we'll need to do is look at their tattoos. Tribal tattoos, Chinese character tattoos, tramp stamps - they come in and go out of fashion, which is a bit concerning for something permanent (or at least, expensive to laser away later).

I have a lot of younger female friends with tattoos and while some of them look pretty cool, I do object to seeing brides in sleeveless wedding dresses showing lots of arm and shoulder tattoos, especially text and vulgar ones. Nothing ruins a beautiful bride, to me, more than trashy tattoos against a beautiful, special dress.

I was at a friend's house a couple of years ago and his teen daughter had a bunch friends over using the pool. There is nothing like seeing a bunch of skinny pasty skinned white teens with ugly tats on them. Tramp stamps and tribal arm bands seemed to be the norm though I was no closer than 50 feet.
It is the same with black kids. They show up with whatever scrawled on them and they keep it up until you have Colin Kaepernik arms. I am a minority in my neck of the woods and see it.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
This.

Let these old fogies rot, they're envious they were not born into our era lol..

Do you live with mom and dad? Did they pay your way through school? Can you afford their lifestyle?

As a boomer there is no way I am envious of kids born after the 50s. I have seen some of the best this country can be and I am now witnessing the end. I will be gone when it really crumples and the younger generations can reap what they sow.

So much for envy.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:08 PM

19,116 posts, read 27,221,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie1946 View Post
I would not hire anyone with a visible tattoo. I'd be careful were I you.
Eh. I recently received a promotion (full sleeve of tattoos and all!) and will now be running the safety/compliance/auditing program for a region of 18 airports, 14 of which are international hubs.

My tattoos have never held me back

I've found that Mom & Pop stores and smaller stores are far more conservative about tattoos, but once you get into companies with substance they start to care more about what you can do for them and less about things like visible tattoos. I'm good at what I do and I have an excellent track record so my tattoos seem to be a non-issue. I've always found it funny that I had zero issues getting an excellent, well paying job at an international airport but probably wouldn't get hired at a gas station... but I'm surprisingly okay with that.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:22 PM

14,034 posts, read 97,783 times
Quote:
err.. hmmm...

so many people have tattoos, yet you offended because one person wants one?

hmmm.. that's confidence and assuredness right there, eh?
Have a full body for all I care. Why a fake tribal tattoo? At least mine was real, no paint, and no pain killers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty