U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-23-2013, 05:33 PM
 
1,373 posts, read 2,554,962 times
Reputation: 1426

Advertisements

1) Baby oil & Iodine. I used this. It works!

2) Motor Oil-diesel oil: My brother used this. He got browner but I do not think its safe so I passed! He got super super brown.


We were introduced to both methods by friends who are gypsies. Its a very old gypsie tradition. Gypsies are generally very high maintainance but often use unconventional method.

I look so nice & exxotical lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-23-2013, 06:03 PM
 
16,833 posts, read 14,565,374 times
Reputation: 20764
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
1) Baby oil & Iodine. I used this. It works!

2) Motor Oil-diesel oil: My brother used this. He got browner but I do not think its safe so I passed! He got super super brown.


We were introduced to both methods by friends who are gypsies. Its a very old gypsie tradition. Gypsies are generally very high maintainance but often use unconventional method.

I look so nice & exxotical lol!
Once more "exxotical" is a racially insensitive term at best, and racist at worst.

Second, OP, go ahead and use the iodine all you like, everyone else, it is incredibly stupid and dangerous to use iodine to stain your skin. Iodine tincture is actually potassium iodide, a salt that if can cause an allergic reaction in many. Additionally, covering your entire body in it, even if diluted with baby oil (which btw it will not be particularly soluble in) could potentially be dangerous, resulting in skin issues and if used in large enough amounts iodine poisoning.

As for motor oil, maybe we will let Darwin take care of his own with that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2013, 06:52 PM
 
1,373 posts, read 2,554,962 times
Reputation: 1426
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Once more "exxotical" is a racially insensitive term at best, and racist at worst.

Second, OP, go ahead and use the iodine all you like, everyone else, it is incredibly stupid and dangerous to use iodine to stain your skin. Iodine tincture is actually potassium iodide, a salt that if can cause an allergic reaction in many. Additionally, covering your entire body in it, even if diluted with baby oil (which btw it will not be particularly soluble in) could potentially be dangerous, resulting in skin issues and if used in large enough amounts iodine poisoning.

As for motor oil, maybe we will let Darwin take care of his own with that one.
Its one week before 2014. Exxotical is the 2014 term for racially ambiguous. But who wants to type ""racially ambiguous"" and risk misspelling ""ambiguous"" when you can just say ""exxotical"". Everyone aspires to look like that thats why people tan, lighten up. CD folk can be so uptight sometimes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2013, 06:58 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn New York
15,785 posts, read 25,742,090 times
Reputation: 21286
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
1) Baby oil & Iodine. I used this. It works!

2) Motor Oil-diesel oil: My brother used this. He got browner but I do not think its safe so I passed! He got super super brown.


We were introduced to both methods by friends who are gypsies. Its a very old gypsie tradition. Gypsies are generally very high maintainance but often use unconventional method.

I look so nice & exxotical lol!

We call it "Baby Earl" & "Iodine", I'm a native Brooklynite

I have been using baby earl & iodine since the 70's. It sure does make you dark. There is no skin protection either. I also had skin cancer 3 times, 30 years later. So I basically stopped doing that in the mid 90's, but the damage was done....not preaching, but reality is reality is.

this was a very old school method, especially when you were up on tar beach.

It's funny how back then you had to lay out for a full 8 hours to get color, yet today all you need is an hour or two. I don't care what anyone else says, I think the sun is stronger for some reason now.


and the tanning parlor was also no help to me either, I did that too......but I won't even go there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2013, 08:15 AM
 
16,833 posts, read 14,565,374 times
Reputation: 20764
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
Its one week before 2014. Exxotical is the 2014 term for racially ambiguous. But who wants to type ""racially ambiguous"" and risk misspelling ""ambiguous"" when you can just say ""exxotical"". Everyone aspires to look like that thats why people tan, lighten up. CD folk can be so uptight sometimes!
No, it's the ignorant term used by pretentious twits who are about as sensitive as a heifer.

As for misspelling, your posts are riddled with them, trust me when I say to you no one could possible think less of you for spelling, "racially ambiguous" wrong.

A history lesson for you. Tanning as a socially desired appearance came into popularity, not to look mixed race (really how insensitive to mixed race people can you be?) but rather because it suggested one lived a life of luxury that afforded enough leisure time to pursue outdoor sports as a hobby and thus acquire a tan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2013, 10:22 AM
 
15,600 posts, read 32,072,998 times
Reputation: 19450
I never heard the term "exxotical" before the OPs posts, it sounds really stupid and ignorant to me.

As for baby oil and iodine, people used that decades ago and it would turn their skin ORANGE - not pretty. Not safe, either. Can't believe anyone would still do that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2013, 10:59 AM
 
13,985 posts, read 51,532 times
Reputation: 21606
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
1)
I look so nice & exxotical lol!
It must be the bloomers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2013, 12:12 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, Tennessee
46,292 posts, read 44,628,855 times
Reputation: 90537
You are Eastern European.

WHY are you obsessed with ghetto stuff??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top