U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-27-2013, 06:09 PM
 
Location: earth?
7,288 posts, read 11,125,916 times
Reputation: 8956

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
You went through all 20 pages and not one? I can't imagine what color wasn't represented. Once you click on a top it shows a viriaty of colors the tops come in. I hope the link was helpful for somone.


Well, here's some Omally brand, Gilligan o malley : camis & tanks : Target

The only other place I saw the Omally brand was on ebay.
Thanks for the link. Those are all nursing bras and I am a little beyond nursing bra stage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-28-2013, 12:18 PM
 
Location: earth?
7,288 posts, read 11,125,916 times
Reputation: 8956
I now understand what a "shelf bra" is, and that is not what I wanted at all. No support. I am looking to use the cami in place of a bra. The soft cups are really perfect for me (might have to take up the straps a little bit to get really good support).

I actually found the brand at Target yesterday. The color offerings weren't exactly to my liking, and there was no lace - but otherwise, they seem to be the same quality (kind of thick cotton with soft cup bras). I am washing them now, so haven't tried them yet. I could not find them on Target's online store.

Now that I know Target carries the brand, I will visit the other targets in my area and try to buy up as many as I can possibly afford because who knew they were so rare?

Thank you everyone.

The links were great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2013, 02:44 PM
419
 
107 posts, read 131,833 times
Reputation: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I now understand what a "shelf bra" is, and that is not what I wanted at all. No support. I am looking to use the cami in place of a bra. The soft cups are really perfect for me (might have to take up the straps a little bit to get really good support).

I actually found the brand at Target yesterday. The color offerings weren't exactly to my liking, and there was no lace - but otherwise, they seem to be the same quality (kind of thick cotton with soft cup bras). I am washing them now, so haven't tried them yet. I could not find them on Target's online store.

Now that I know Target carries the brand, I will visit the other targets in my area and try to buy up as many as I can possibly afford because who knew they were so rare?

Thank you everyone.

The links were great!
I love to wear camis in place of bras. Could you please provide more information about what you bought? What is the brand name? In which section of the store were they located? What do you mean by "soft cups"? Is it the type of cami that can be worn without a shirt over, or are they strictly an undergarment?

Thanks for any info you can provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2013, 05:45 PM
 
Location: earth?
7,288 posts, read 11,125,916 times
Reputation: 8956
Quote:
Originally Posted by 419 View Post
I love to wear camis in place of bras. Could you please provide more information about what you bought? What is the brand name? In which section of the store were they located? What do you mean by "soft cups"? Is it the type of cami that can be worn without a shirt over, or are they strictly an undergarment?

Thanks for any info you can provide.
I found these in the lingerie/pajama section of Target. They are Gilligan & O'Malley. They have a "soft cup" bra built in. The cami is loose - not skin tight - and they are cotton. I love them. You could wear them without a top - they are not underwear - or you can layer your clothes over them, which is what I do.

For me, they work as a bra - without the tight straps and harness feel of a bra . . . they are super comfortable.

If I ever get bored and have nothing to do, I will take some pics of them.

Go to Target and check them out.

I am so happy today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2013, 07:37 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
27,330 posts, read 30,531,980 times
Reputation: 26957
If you are smaller budged you might like the stretch fruit of the loom bras that are soft cup. It is like super thick panty hose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2013, 07:49 PM
419
 
107 posts, read 131,833 times
Reputation: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I found these in the lingerie/pajama section of Target. They are Gilligan & O'Malley. They have a "soft cup" bra built in. The cami is loose - not skin tight - and they are cotton. I love them. You could wear them without a top - they are not underwear - or you can layer your clothes over them, which is what I do.

For me, they work as a bra - without the tight straps and harness feel of a bra . . . they are super comfortable.

If I ever get bored and have nothing to do, I will take some pics of them.

Go to Target and check them out.

I am so happy today!
Thanks so much! I will look for them at Target next time I'm in the store. I hope you get bored because I'd love to see a pic, in case I still have trouble finding them. They sound like they are exactly what I've been looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2013, 10:17 AM
 
15,593 posts, read 32,046,381 times
Reputation: 19425
I've been looking for that type as well. I hate how these days almost all camis are skin tight and as long as a frikken dress! I like something a little shorter in length. I will have to check Target again for that brand, as I don't remember seeing them last time I looked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2015, 11:44 PM
 
6 posts, read 5,530 times
Reputation: 20
camis in place of bras are a great idea. if you don't need a bra don't bother. there are some who are very troubled to see nipple protrusion on other people. Sometimes attracts criticism in a professional environment. How to respond to this concern is a matter of personal judgment. I used to be just fine, and had no issues now with some weight gain I have to re-evaluate and get some padded or lined camis or something. (but not the damn shelf bras, I cannot stand a tight band around my ribcage!) But I am also concerned about things I've read about bras contributing to breast cancer. Further, I find bras to be miserable to wear and completely useless.

Last edited by HowDareThey; 07-19-2015 at 11:45 PM.. Reason: punctuation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top