Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 01:25 AM

10 posts, read 14,054 times

Advertisements

I think I have a big nose and I am not sure if I should get surgery someday. My boyfriend thinks I'm beautiful but I don't see what he sees. I look horrible in pictures and my nose is huge. Especially my profile.It is not big enough for me to get stared at and people I know say it isn't big. But it is bigger than my boyfriend's nose. Also in high school I was told it was big. I am 26 now. Lastly I have stretch marks and I want to know the best treatments please. If it is expensive then I will just save forever. :/ I've tried cocoa butter and different creams and lotions bit they do not seem to work. I just keep getting new ones because my weight goes up and down. The most I have weighed is 147 and I am 5'3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 01:29 AM

51 posts, read 89,521 times
don't get surgery for your nose, if your boyfriend loves your nose what is the problem, are there other guys you are trying to look sexy / beautiful for?

Old 12-26-2013, 01:42 AM

10 posts, read 14,054 times
No I just feel ugly and I want to feel beautiful.

Old 12-26-2013, 06:22 AM

22,581 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul26 View Post
No I just feel ugly and I want to feel beautiful.
Therapy will fix that.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:43 AM

95 posts, read 204,250 times
Don't do it! I'm sure you don't need surgery. Your nose probably isn't all that big. And even if it is, remember Jennifer Grey? She looked great with a big nose, better than she looks post surgery.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:58 AM

148 posts, read 292,372 times
If YOU feel ugly, then go ahead and get a rhinoplasty. Just don't do it for anyone else!

Old 12-26-2013, 08:02 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,415,966 times
How can you be sure that your boyfriend will still think that you are beautiful after your surgery?

Old 12-26-2013, 08:14 AM

571 posts, read 1,200,703 times
Agree that this shouldn't be about your boyfriend. It needs to be about what makes you happy. I've known many people who've gotten nose jobs because they simply wanted to - they didn't have self-esteem issues and they didn't need therapy. But keep in mind, your nose job should simply be for yourself - it will change what you see in the mirror - it isn't going to change your life for the better.

Before you proceed with your idea:
1) Visit several plastic surgeons - they can manipulate images to give you a good idea of what you'll look like
2) Make sure you are happy with other aspects of your life and that you aren't fixing your nose instead of fixing other things.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:02 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,589,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul26 View Post
I think I have a big nose and I am not sure if I should get surgery someday. My boyfriend thinks I'm beautiful but I don't see what he sees. I look horrible in pictures and my nose is huge. Especially my profile.It is not big enough for me to get stared at and people I know say it isn't big. But it is bigger than my boyfriend's nose. Also in high school I was told it was big. I am 26 now. Lastly I have stretch marks and I want to know the best treatments please. If it is expensive then I will just save forever. :/ I've tried cocoa butter and different creams and lotions bit they do not seem to work. I just keep getting new ones because my weight goes up and down. The most I have weighed is 147 and I am 5'3.
Hugs~ Love yourself....When I was younger I almost had a nose job at 18, thankfully my future husband I met back then told me wait, he loved my Jewish/Portuguese nose, yes he had a small perfect Italian nose.. I'm 50 and thankful I didn't cut away apart of me, when I look in the mirror I see love ones who are no longer with us...It gives me confront and a reminder.... Plus I know now a little button nose would have never fit my personality. .

Old 12-26-2013, 12:54 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,275,560 times
WildCard, Your husband is right...your nose is beautiful just the way it is...glad you've come to love it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty