U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2014, 04:30 PM

11,363 posts, read 12,932,820 times

Advertisements

Dark eyes, black hair, dark skin I what I'm attracted to. I adore the exotic look.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 10:23 PM

3,388 posts, read 5,849,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"Pretty" isn't about hair and eye color. It's about facial features and bone structure.
Normally, I would agree; but there is something to be said for a striking pair of eyes, that can automatically up the sex appeal of the owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post
Most of the blondes the media portray are fake blondes. Even the goodlooking blonde men were never natural blondes to begin with, brad pitt, josh holloway, chris hemsworth (thor) and paul walker, none of those are/were natural blondes, they all bleach their hair or wear highlights.

Just because someone lightens their hair, doesn't mean they aren't a natural blonde. The majority of blondes get darker as they age, so if they prefer their younger lighter color, no big deal.

My "bestie'' and my husband BOTH are natural blondes when they were younger, and while hubby is fine with his "darker" hair (now more salt and pepper than one color), my bestie lightens hers.

Oh wait, here's pics of those "non blondes", lol.

Brad Pitt childhood pic AS A BLONDE!

Paul Walker younger AS A BLONDE!

And Chris Hemsworth's kid photo AS A BLONDE!

These 3 are as I thought, natural blondes that decided to not go darker as they aged.

Old 03-12-2016, 07:45 PM

4,690 posts, read 9,090,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhovianGirl18 View Post
All my life I have been jealous of people with light hair and eyes because I have seen blonde hair and red hair girls called pretty but always seen passed me. I have always hated my hair because of how dark it is(very dark brown/black). I have have very dark brown almost black eyes. I also have olive/beige skin.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and has nothing to do with how light or dark, your hair or eyes might be. One of the most beautiful woman I've ever seen had long jet black hair and brown eyes.

Old 03-12-2016, 07:47 PM

4,690 posts, read 9,090,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post
Most of the blondes the media portray are fake blondes. Even the goodlooking blonde men were never natural blondes to begin with, brad pitt, josh holloway, chris hemsworth (thor) and paul walker, none of those are/were natural blondes, they all bleach their hair or wear highlights.
Not they are not fake! Those are naturally blond men

Old 03-12-2016, 08:06 PM

617 posts, read 476,739 times
darker features are more exotic....embrace your beauty!

Old 03-12-2016, 08:23 PM

41,665 posts, read 41,177,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhovianGirl18 View Post
All my life I have been jealous of people with light hair and eyes because I have seen blonde hair and red hair girls called pretty but always seen passed me. I have always hated my hair because of how dark it is(very dark brown/black). I have have very dark brown almost black eyes. I also have olive/beige skin.

Not sure if you're fishing for compliments here, but I find dark hair dark eyes to be absolutely beautiful. Women like Selma Hyack, Penelope Cruz, Valerie Bertinili, those types are just stunning to me......

Blonde women, meh..whatever

Old 03-13-2016, 09:48 PM

7,319 posts, read 4,856,740 times
I like all colors of hair and eyes, but LOVE dark hair. There's just something so exotic. I've been bottle blonde and platinum, which was nice, but I looked pretty hot with raven hair. Which is why I'm going back to black soon.

My husband had blonde hair as a kid, but has dark brown/soft black hair and hazel eyes. He's gorgeous.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:00 PM

25,739 posts, read 26,017,595 times
I was one of those blonde-as-a-kid, dishwater-as-an-adult people. For years I lightened my hair to true blonde, which didn't take much as it was quite light already...it was just "dull"-looking (to me). One day I decided to stop highlighting/coloring with artificial colors and started looking for natural colors instead (following a period of having cut out all color over 2 years and just plain not liking the natural color, sue me ). The only truly 100% natural, non-lifting colors were the henna/indigo/amla/etc. variety. I found I could only go darker.

So I tried it and went darker and darker. I loved it more and more. Today I'm a very dark brunette/nearly but not "jet"/blue black. Sort of like darkest brown-black. Why on earth did I never try this before??? Since that time I've been dark. I have green/hazel eyes. (Green with yellow flecks.) My skin is very pale naturally (Eastern European descent) but here in SoCal I always have a vague tan "glow" even wearing sunscreen. But next to my hair my skin looks a bit paler, I think. So there's that contrast - lighter eyes and skin, very dark hair.

So many of us former "true" blondes don't feel like "ourselves" after our color changes in adulthood, even though that's obviously the natural thing to happen to a large percentage of medium to darker blondes. But I feel so like myself in my dark hair...I love it and I get tons of compliments on it. Even if I didn't, though, I'd probably keep it just because I like it that much.

WARNING: This isn't a suggestion to the next person. With henna, indigo or both, results will vary from individual to individual and a surprise - for good or for ill - is likely. If you go this route, strand test but realize that these methods can be VERY VERY permanent. I am not playing around with that comment. Permanent as in, if you want it gone...you'll need to cut it off.

Anyway, what's the moral of the story here...Oh yeah, everyone's preferences are different...but you all knew that by page 1.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:55 PM

1,300 posts, read 854,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"Pretty" isn't about hair and eye color. It's about facial features and bone structure.
Agree and disagree with this. I would say that facial features and bone structure do play a main part in facial attractiveness, but hair and eye color matter alot too. Even if you're average looking if you have a great head of hair, it will do alot for your looks. There's been a number of guys I've seen where I thought they were rather average looking but they had an awesome head of thick hair and that made them look much better than if they had say thinning hair. The same with alot of women too.

And with regards to eyes its the same thing. I've seen a number of women that had a striking color of blue or green in their eyes that was really unique and it really made them stand out and if they were pretty it really added to their attractiveness. So while facial features/bone structure matter alot, so do eyes and hair as well and all those things come together to make what people consider pretty/handsome faces.

Also with regards to dark/light hair and eyes I'd say for women both work perfectly fine. Women with dark hair/eyes are just as attractive as women with light hair/eyes. For men though I think in general dark hair with either of dark/light colored eyes looks better. I haven't seen nearly as many blonde or light haired guys be considered attractive compared to brown or darker haired men.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:01 AM

9,786 posts, read 8,412,781 times
My experience says dark haired, dark eyes, dark skin woman are more erotic looking and erotic acting. All reasons why this old white guy has a black girl friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or