Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2016, 11:37 AM

1,680 posts, read 2,557,556 times

Advertisements

I am looking for women's dress pants at least 32" long inseam that would fit a 23" waist and 34" hips.

Can anyone suggest some brands to try? It seems that few if any brands make pants in TALL or LONG that would fit a 23" waist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 03:59 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
Lands End has one pair of dress pants with the long enough inseam, correct hip but larger waist, at 24 1/2 - 25 1/2".

Women's Wear to Work Slim Leg Pants from Lands' End

Ann Taylor size for Talls runs similiarly:

Devin Ankle Pants | Ann Taylor

The Limited has a good selection of tall styles. The bootcuts I checked are sized similarly to the LE pants.

Exact Stretch Bootcut Pants | Women's Pants | THE LIMITED

You might have to get as close as you can as to fit, and have them altered. By the way, the Limited gives a low waist measurement of 29", if that gets you closer to your fit.

I liked the selection at the Limited the best.

Good luck!

Old 03-21-2016, 07:15 AM

1,680 posts, read 2,557,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Lands End has one pair of dress pants with the long enough inseam, correct hip but larger waist, at 24 1/2 - 25 1/2".

Women's Wear to Work Slim Leg Pants from Lands' End

Ann Taylor size for Talls runs similiarly:

Devin Ankle Pants | Ann Taylor

The Limited has a good selection of tall styles. The bootcuts I checked are sized similarly to the LE pants.

Exact Stretch Bootcut Pants | Women's Pants | THE LIMITED

You might have to get as close as you can as to fit, and have them altered. By the way, the Limited gives a low waist measurement of 29", if that gets you closer to your fit.

I liked the selection at the Limited the best.

Good luck!
Thanks for the suggestions.

My low waist measurement is only 26" So, 29" would not work. The pants I have now are listed as fitting 24 1/2 - 25 1/2" and I would need to take them in 3 inches. Doing so makes the pockets and seams just look weird.

If I could find something with a 24" waist measurement, taking it in 1 inch might work.

For health reasons I have been doing strength training for the past 10 weeks. I am 5' 6 1/2" tall and weigh 110 lbs. I managed to keep from losing any weight by eating 2000 - 2500 calories a day and thought I was doing great. When your workout clothes are 12% spandex you don't notice how much your shape changes over time. Since strength training is now going to be part of my daily life I have no idea if I will lose more inches in my waist- but, at some point it should level off and I should just have strong abdominal muscles.

Since spandex is not really appropriate to wear to church, I may have to go to plan B and look for a really comfortable pair of flat shoes and go back to wearing dresses for a while. I hate to spend a fortune on alterations only to find I have the same issues 3 months from now. At least we are headed into warmer weather and most of the time I can wear capri length pants for everyday running around - that eliminates the issue of a 32" inseam.

I do have a WhiteHouse/BlackMarket outlet store near me and I noticed they carry a XXsmall pants with a 24" waist and 34" hips - but, no mention of length of inseam. I may have to stop by to see if they have anything that might fit me.

Old 03-21-2016, 12:03 PM

208 posts, read 257,798 times
I'm pretty sure that Banana Republic has 0 or 00 sizes. BR carries lengths up to 34" at least.

Old 03-21-2016, 03:14 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
http://us.topshop.com/

Top Shop talls have pants at 24" but the hip is 2 " smaller than you need.

I'd talk with a tailor who does a lot of alterations, and ask for advice. It doesn't look like you will find a good fit in off the rack. I imagine that experienced dessmakers or tailors have dealt with every problem out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty