U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 12:48 AM

1,628 posts, read 3,435,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieyh View Post
I need to attend an evening party. And need to choose a necklace. I have searched these two necklaces online, but i really do not have an idea about which one to pick. Here are the two necklaces: antique florets chain necklace and this floret pendant chain necklace

Below is the dress i will wear on the party.
party dress party dresses | Homecoming Dress
Yep, no need for a necklace! Perhaps some pretty elegant earrings.

And, by the way, you are very lovely!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 09:01 AM

2,919 posts, read 4,789,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieyh View Post
Well, i do not think so. Many young people also wear this kind of necklace nowadays. It seems the fashion of 2013.
Those necklaces are very much in fashion--and yes--they are costume jewelry.

But--with the belt on that dress--no necklace at all. I would go for some big sparkly earrings (not dangles, tho).

Old 01-04-2014, 09:58 PM

2,454 posts, read 2,746,213 times
Are your friends wearing contrasting statement necklaces with their dresses or is this a solo event? I agree statement necklaces are very much in fashion and I get the feeling you are not happy with the advice you are getting here. I think you should get what makes you happy whether others agree with it or not. You are the one who will be wearing it.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:16 PM

3,180 posts, read 2,617,371 times
No necklace for that dress, just a great pair of earrings!

Old 01-06-2014, 01:40 AM

123 posts, read 133,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Trails View Post
Yep, no need for a necklace! Perhaps some pretty elegant earrings.

And, by the way, you are very lovely!
Thank you.

Old 01-06-2014, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post
No necklace for that dress, just a great pair of earrings!
OK, so, which pair of earrings do you think i should get. Also from the same website.
Earrings - VoguePlaza

Old 01-06-2014, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Roses View Post
Are your friends wearing contrasting statement necklaces with their dresses or is this a solo event? I agree statement necklaces are very much in fashion and I get the feeling you are not happy with the advice you are getting here. I think you should get what makes you happy whether others agree with it or not. You are the one who will be wearing it.
Wow, you are so kind to say this to me. I feel better now, and i accept what others' advice to me, i will choose a pair of earrings instead. Thank you!

Old 01-06-2014, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
Those necklaces are very much in fashion--and yes--they are costume jewelry.

But--with the belt on that dress--no necklace at all. I would go for some big sparkly earrings (not dangles, tho).
All right, most of you say things like that. I will take a pair of earrings instead.

Old 01-06-2014, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I agree that you should invest in really nice earrings, and wear a dainty chain and pendant, if anything at all. Pair the chunkier pendants you like with less formal clothes.

You are young, no? Emphasize your beautiful neck and decollete. You have years ahead of you when chunky stuff will look great. Now you should enjoy your youth, and show off your gorgeous skin. You will never be this fresh looking again. Flaunt that, instead of chunky jewelry.
OK, thanks for your suggestion.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:04 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,058,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I agree that you should invest in really nice earrings, and wear a dainty chain and pendant, if anything at all. Pair the chunkier pendants you like with less formal clothes.

You are young, no? Emphasize your beautiful neck and decollete. You have years ahead of you when chunky stuff will look great. Now you should enjoy your youth, and show off your gorgeous skin. You will never be this fresh looking again. Flaunt that, instead of chunky jewelry.

Have to agree. Keep it simple. That pretty dress doesn't need more than a very simple necklace if any at all. Years ago, stylists advised: when in doubt, wear pearls--I think it's still true.

If you really like the necklaces you posted, why not choose one to wear with another, more casual outfit? And, if you like turquoise, you can find on eBay reasonably price genuine turquoise or at least real stone necklaces in silver. Consider investing in either real or high quality fashion jewelry that you can have for years to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty