U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 10:46 PM

16,833 posts, read 14,584,449 times

Advertisements

Sneakers a year or two. Flip flops, 2-3. Everything else, more than 5.

Its like clothes, except for white t's (they only last months) and jeans (2-3 years) everything else last for 5+ years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2014, 11:10 PM

6,017 posts, read 8,851,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Sneakers a year or two. Flip flops, 2-3. Everything else, more than 5.

Its like clothes, except for white t's (they only last months) and jeans (2-3 years) everything else last for 5+ years.
The great thing about jeans is that when they get worn out, you can still them, and pretend you paid a lot extra for them to look that way. I'm wearing 4-year-old jeans that have some holes in them. I paid $30 for them new, but with the holes they probably would have cost $100.

Old 01-12-2014, 02:44 PM

2,060 posts, read 1,974,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
several years... with the same shoe??? are you a horse??

i'm lucky to get 5-6 months before they wear out
Actually... most horses need to have their shoes replaced or their feet trimmed about every 4-6 weeks.

Generally my every day shoes will last me about 6-8 months. I am on my feet a lot. Even though the soles might not be totally worn out they are worn out of balance and need to be replaced. Shoes that are worn out of balance create stress on the joints and spine. Actually this is also why horses need to be reshod or trimmed so frequently. And within 8 weeks a horse can wear a shoe completely in half at the toe. A horse never wears the same shoes for several months let alone years.

I do own a pair of boots that is over a year old and in need of replacing and a few other pairs of shoes that don't get much use which will probably last 2-3 years.

Old 01-12-2014, 04:51 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,276,587 times
My everyday shoes last me roughly 3-4 years
Sneakers last me 4 years
Flats and Flip-Flops usually lasts 2-3 years
Boots last me 4 years
Dress shoes last 5 years

Or...until I feel like replacing them (typically other season for that particular seasonal shoe).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or