U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 06:38 PM

11,882 posts, read 11,565,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Townandcountrygal View Post
You left yourself wide open for that one! This may happen more than you know--a very straight, macho fellow I once dated invited me over to his house for lunch one time--he greeted me at the door wearing stiletto heels and, well, you can guess what else he was wearing....
I find this hard to believe. Never ever seen a straight guy wear high heels.

On Google, all I see is a bunch of gays doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 08:06 PM

13,609 posts, read 22,451,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I find this hard to believe. Never ever seen a straight guy wear high heels.

On Google, all I see is a bunch of gays doing it.
Clearly, you've yet to hear about an executive transvestite.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Clearly, you've yet to hear about an executive transvestite.
I have no Idea what that is. I was brought up in a small suburban town in southern India before moving here, so by nature, I am quite conservative in terms of relationships and only knew man weds women as a fully grown adult before coming to college. The concept of Gays and sex before marriage was introduced to me only after I moved into NJ from India. So, its the gap in lifestyle, not ignorance, which shocked me once I moved here.

Back where I lived, being gay is against the law and having sex before marriage is equivalent to rape. Both earn you a life in prison.

Anyways, I would DARE you to drive naked in Rhinelander, Wisconsin this time of the year and see how you fare .

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 01-07-2014 at 09:48 PM..

Old 01-08-2014, 08:03 AM

19,116 posts, read 27,217,533 times
Quote:
That's not technically a "road trip" in my opinion as I used to do New Brunswick, NJ----Hartford, CT every month or so.
Eh, considering I don't drive and don't own a car anytime in a car is considered a road trip to me

I used to regularly drive from the bay area in CA to Los Angeles and I hardly considered that a road trip either.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Eh, considering I don't drive and don't own a car anytime in a car is considered a road trip to me .
Good choice. For some reason, Boston HATES cars . Every time I drive in the city, I get lost. Signs are so confusing, especially for entering 93 North from center city.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:33 PM

7,286 posts, read 13,860,312 times
You can wear a g-string and a nurse's cap for all I care.

Why does it matter if you wear it in your car or a rental, or that your shirt matches your [whatever is on underneath it]?

Old 01-08-2014, 10:15 PM

10,864 posts, read 26,944,960 times
I generally wear a polo shirt and khakis or a pair of worsted wool pants with an button down/English spread shirt. Occasionally, I will wear a light sweater, but keep my blazer or jacket on a hanger behind my seat, or on a hook in the rear passenger compartment if I do not have a passenger sitting behind me. If I have to wear a long coat, it's usually in a garment bag lying flat in the trunk or cargo area. I change shoes for driving, as well, when covering longer distances.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 01-08-2014, 10:21 PM

I was wondering, where do you place the trench coat while driving to an interview in winter. Is it advisable to hand it on a hook. Being a senior year student in college, job interview period is fast approaching.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:28 AM

3,469 posts, read 7,276,264 times
It depends on where I am going... Most road trips I have done in spring/summer to other parts of california or the southwest, so it's warm.

Probably just a pair of soft jeans (not stiff ones), a comfortable but cute top, and ballet flats or sandals. I like shoes I can kick off easy in the car. Having a sweater or jacket on hand is good, but I don't like the car to get too crowded with that stuff.

I never go in public in PJ-like clothing. Jeans and a simple top are casual for me. I rarely even do a basic t-shirt, but I might wear that. I keep jewelry in my purse to put on for when I get out of the car (ie. to eat). I don't like being ungroomed in public.

Old 01-09-2014, 03:06 AM

10,864 posts, read 26,944,960 times
Quote:
I was wondering, where do you place the trench coat while driving to an interview in winter. Is it advisable to hand it on a hook. Being a senior year student in college, job interview period is fast approaching.
If you do not have far to walk once leaving the car, I would actually skip wearing a longer coat to an interview. I would arrive as unencumbered as possible, i.e., no scarf, hat, gloves, long coat, since it's easy to exit a heated vehicle and walk to the building, assuming you will be parked in close proximity to the building entrance.

If, however, you are dealing with an environment where you have to park a few blocks away, I would lay the coat flat on the rear seat, neatly folded in half lengthwise, so that it is at the ready. I cannot hang a longer coat even in a Lexus LX, so I am not sure if there are many vehicles, other than conversion vans or airport shuttle vans where one could reasonably hang a long coat where the bottom would not be subject to wrinkles, and/or lint from the carpet.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty