U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 06:39 PM

621 posts, read 537,274 times

Advertisements

I am 41. I actually spend a lot less time on my looks than when I was younger. I don't wear makeup and fortunately, I've been blessed with good hair which I mostly wear straight and long. I haven't exercised since I was 16. I am naturally small.

I used to wear makeup everyday (except during the summers) up until 2007. What changed? I became a stay at home mom. If or when I go back to work, I plan to wear makeup for my job. But I never plan to color my hair when it goes gray.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 07:04 PM

2,876 posts, read 3,557,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightly Knight View Post
Wow, as the kids would say, **** hot. lol. Very lovely picture actually..
Thank you~ I think my biggest beauty asset been ... A beautiful husband/ father for the past 31 years...

Old 01-11-2014, 10:58 AM

5,654 posts, read 17,531,950 times
Yes, have to wear foundation now, because I have rosacea and I need to cover it. Before I had a beautiful complexion a nd hardly ever had to wear foundation, only wore blusher. Now I Dye hair, because I am still in the working world and grey hair = age discrimination. My eyelashes are getting sparser and I always wear mascara now. Never had to before because I always had thicker darker lashes. However, at home on the weekends, I do not do this. Only at work, because of the whole age discrmination thing.
Skin is drier now, so I religious have to exfoliate and moisturize my facial and neck areas.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:46 PM

2,111 posts, read 1,918,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
That's why we meet so many people with pajama's and uncombed hair in the stores. Yuck.

Yes, I do work harder now to look presentable. When I was younger, I put on make up for fun in the evenings. Now I have to do it every morning.

And I watch what I wear when I leave the house. I don't find it very appealing when a middle aged women walks around and looks like she just jumped out of bed. It is not cute anymore.

Also, you have to work out harder at the gym for less results as 10 years ago.
I interpreted Tiddles' post to mean not so much "not caring at ALL", but more along the lines of "not being overly concerned by what other people think". Yes, I've seen the people in the stores in pajamas, but their behavior caught my attention before their clothing choices did. And these are younger people, not older. There's a difference between being comfortable in your own skin, which I think is what Tiddles was saying, and having no self-respect or respect for others.

And being "presentable" is open to interpretation, too. Do I want to dress appropriate for work? Yes. Do I want to capitulate to some misogynistic blowhard that thinks that any woman that's less than a "10" should just vanish from the earth? Hell no.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:03 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,038,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
LOl..Thanks.. I love wear I'm at...Getting old doesn't scare me...

Ha! Getting old doesn't scare me either--but that old lady looking back at me in the mirror first thing in the morning is scary!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty