Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 04:38 PM

293 posts, read 468,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Why are people hating on me for this .

I have never been out in such extremely variant conditions as they rarely occur here. NWS changed their forecast TODAY MORNING when I woke up. I was honestly confused, and I wanted some help. I know how to dress myself for regular conditions, but extremes like this require some degree of preparation. I wanted a little bit of help from those who are used to extreme variations. What is so immature in asking some help when its actually needed. Better safe than sorry.
Dude you asked what you should wear this morning, demanded a reply and got upset when you didn't get one. You try way too hard to impress people. I am dead serious about this. You're not Calvin Klein and never will be. Not a bad thing but try being yourself.

It's not like you are living outside so variation should not really matter. Even if you are walking outside, it does not really matter.

Why not ask your parents if you are so concerned?

My father worked in New Brunswick for a LONG time. Probably longer than you've been alive. If it was summer, he wore a suit. Winter, suit with a winter coat and sometimes gloves. This was a man that had a very public career; I don't think I saw him ever spend more than 5 minutes making a decision on his "wardrobe."

You're in college man. Get out and chase some women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 04:41 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
What is so immature in asking some help when its actually needed. Better safe than sorry.
you are being a little too dramatic regarding a very small issue.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
you are being a little too dramatic regarding a very small issue.
Short but sweet. Well said.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:52 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane1976 View Post
Dude you asked what you should wear this morning, demanded a reply and got upset when you didn't get one. You try way too hard to impress people. I am dead serious about this. You're not Calvin Klein and never will be. Not a bad thing but try being yourself.

It's not like you are living outside so variation should not really matter. Even if you are walking outside, it does not really matter.

Why not ask your parents if you are so concerned?

My father worked in New Brunswick for a LONG time. Probably longer than you've been alive. If it was summer, he wore a suit. Winter, suit with a winter coat and sometimes gloves. This was a man that had a very public career; I don't think I saw him ever spend more than 5 minutes making a decision on his "wardrobe."

You're in college man. Get out and chase some women.
Thanks for the clarification.

I agree with all your statements except the last one. That would land me in prison with the homies in town .

Old 01-06-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. I agree with all your statements except the last one .
Just be yourself man. Take a walk up Easton avenue and talk to people.

Chase dudes if that's your thing

Take care.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane1976 View Post
Chase dudes if that's your thing
Why chase at all. I ain't a cop or mugger .

Why not RAILFAN Acela's and Regionals blasting through New Brunswick .

Old 01-06-2014, 04:59 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Thanks for the clarification.

I agree with all your statements except the last one. That would land me in prison with the homies in town .
if you are in college its important you understand one thing. the most important thing you can do in college is bang as many girls as possible.

Old 01-06-2014, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
the most important thing you can do in college is
Host a Midnight Rail fanning party at the Train station after graduation.

You catch the fastest Acela's at 12:34 AM.

Old 01-06-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Why chase at all. I ain't a cop or mugger .

Why not RAILFAN Acela's and Regionals blasting through New Brunswick .
It's an expression. A figure of speech. Oh I give up.

Old 01-06-2014, 05:07 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Here college boy..........

Dress with several layers of clothing (shirts mainly long unders with your jeans) that can be removed as needed.
Coat, scarf, hat, gloves, boots if you have them.

Since this was originally posted very early this morning I am going to guess that you dressed yourself just fine or you went back to bed because you did not know how to dress yourself.
Either way, what I listed is for future reference. Don't forget to bookmark this page on your computer in case you forget at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty