U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 03:38 PM

14,269 posts, read 9,535,272 times

Advertisements

I think the easiest thing to do is wash your face gently and not use too much soaps. And then put on a light moisturizer.

I tell my wife and other women all the time to stop washing their faces, they have to do that like 3-4x a day which is one reason they get wrinkles quicker than men. Soaps do dry the skin even those that says moisturizing still has to dry. Then they put all that makeup and cream on the skin it is not good stuff at all.

People compliment my skin all the time and ask what I use, simplicity is the best. Only wash your skin twice and not use any harsh soaps. Moisturize lightly not too much, skin has to breathe too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 11:32 PM

298 posts, read 293,505 times
I use cocoa butter lotion and wash my face with just hot water. Word of advice, drink as much water as possible. I started drinking a gallon/day when I was 30 (now 38) and I look younger now. Work your skin from the inside and outside.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:27 AM

18,908 posts, read 24,342,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
It's a great habit to get into, guys.
The men I know who have moisturized all look appx. 10 years younger than other men the same age.
And basically any good moisturizer will do it, even a store brand.....
never thought much of it,,,maybe it is time to get the bag-balm out

Old 01-12-2014, 07:27 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,314,446 times
I live in the desert and love outdoor adventure sports so yea, I moisturize my face and hands every few days. I honestly dont know what it's called, my wife just pushes it in front of me so I use it.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:52 AM

888 posts, read 936,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Q: Do I need to use a body moisturiser? Lee Kynaston answers your grooming questions :: Men's Health

I find my skin is pretty dry at times, so it could probably benefit from using an all-over moisturiser. For awhile I used a moisturiser after having a shower (which was a step for someone has lazy as me) and it did help, but of course after awhile I slackened off. Some body washes have moisturising properties but it doesn't seem to be the same.

Guys do you moisturise the rest of your body apart from your face? If so what is your regime?
No. When my skin is dry, I drink more water

Old 01-18-2014, 04:11 PM

4 posts, read 4,433 times
Aside from using moisturiser, I drink plenty of water (like 8 cups a day) and try to incorporate a diet full of vegetables and fruits and nuts. Lastly, avoid alcohol and reduce caffeine.

Old 01-19-2014, 05:34 AM

14,323 posts, read 19,855,750 times
Lubriderm for sensitive skin on my face.

After I shower, while wet, I rub my entire body and feet with baby oil before I towel dry. This has always worked for me. My wife says that my skin is always "smooth and tight."

Old 01-19-2014, 07:02 AM

22,246 posts, read 24,452,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkinClinic View Post
Aside from using moisturiser, I drink plenty of water (like 8 cups a day) and try to incorporate a diet full of vegetables and fruits and nuts. Lastly, avoid alcohol and reduce caffeine.
I agree - I drink a lot of water and haven't drunk a beverage with caffeine in it for over a year. I've noticed a big improvement. I don't even miss drinks like Coke or Pepsi, and the last time I had a drink of either, I felt ill.

I typically drink 3 litres of water, and prefer strawberries over chocolate (another thing that makes me feel ill).

Old 01-19-2014, 09:49 AM

5,995 posts, read 8,839,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Q: Do I need to use a body moisturiser? Lee Kynaston answers your grooming questions :: Men's Health

I find my skin is pretty dry at times, so it could probably benefit from using an all-over moisturiser. For awhile I used a moisturiser after having a shower (which was a step for someone has lazy as me) and it did help, but of course after awhile I slackened off. Some body washes have moisturising properties but it doesn't seem to be the same.

Guys do you moisturise the rest of your body apart from your face? If so what is your regime?
No, I don't. I'm too lazy and I don't seem to need it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty