U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2014, 06:10 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,043,747 times

Advertisements

Do you use a beauty serum that produces visible results? Please share which one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 06:19 PM

2,967 posts, read 4,323,719 times
Organic coconut oil. It soaks in immediately. You can use a drop the size of a pea for your whole face. It works beautifully, and is natural. Makes your skin super vibrant and hydrated and also works great under liquid foundation.

I use the Nutiva brand and I believe it is about 25.oo per huge container. I also eat it and cook with it. Very healthy and works better than any 100.00 per ounce potion.

I quit using lotions years ago when I suddenly realized that I was smearing toxic made-made chemicals all over myself to soak into my largest organ - my skin.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:09 PM

12,378 posts, read 20,978,474 times
I loved Skinceuticals C E Ferulic -- however I had the weird reaction of it smelling metallic on me. Every so often someone has that reaction. But it's rare.

Right now I'm using an oil called Intelligent Nutrients Anti Aging Serum. While I like it -- it is sort of grippy and I can't rub my face hard. I've taken to putting a pump in my hand, and mixing it with my moisturizer (CeraVe) and THEN putting on my face. I like the smell, and I love the extra moisture. The reason I picked it is because the reviews were good for rosacea sufferers. My face does feel a little cooler.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:43 PM

27,330 posts, read 30,569,084 times
i use boots serum. I am using the botanical one now, but I have liked the protect and renew. I am not sure if the botanical one is as good. I am about 75% through my bottle and I have one more to use. It isn't quite as effective on my problem area "dark spots" but I have also had 4x as many breakouts lately too. (Pesky hormones!)

Old 01-10-2014, 08:58 AM

15,601 posts, read 32,088,894 times
I think "serums" are overrated. There are great natural oils that do the job. Lately I have used virgin coconut, sweet almond, argan and grapeseed. The coconut is the heaviest, great for dry skin, cold weather or to use as a light natural sunscreen. Sweet almond is a wonderful "all-purpose" oil, I wash my face with it remove eyemakeup and use as an all-over moisturizer. It is light and well-absorbed with no odor. Argan oil is rich, and a couple drops will moisturize your whole face and neck. While I do like this oil, it is expensive, and really doesn't do anything more than the sweet almond. Lastly, I just purchased grapeseed. This one is extremely light and well-absorbed, good for under makeup or if you have oily skin.

I have recently ordered some emu oil - heard great things about it, but haven't tried it yet.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:34 AM

48,146 posts, read 38,696,023 times
After every bath, I use almond oil on my whole body, including my face. I also use a very small amount (what's left on my hands when I'm done slathering myself up) and run my hands through my hair (I have dry hair so this helps it shine).

When I'm getting dressed, I use Clarins serum under my Super BB cream (which I use as a moisturizer/light foundation). I also use an eye cream by ItWorks - it's all natural and you can also use it on your lips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty