U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 04:04 PM

11,882 posts, read 11,555,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
oh and when you say "oh dude not again" what do you mean? if this kind of thing is something you don't want me to bring up then let me know and i wont.
Many people have said that I am like Raj, till I went out with them to watch a game of football live. After observing my Interest for the game, opinions about me within the dude ranch changed .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 04:33 PM

19,116 posts, read 27,203,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Over reacting describes me better. I have always been that way, but have never had a "meltdown" in spite of some stressful situations. When things get difficult, I just refreshed my mind through meditation, put the past horrors behind my back, and moved on. Some people over react more than others, and I am one of them. Accepted the fact and did what works best to avoid panic when things go bad.

And here is a skill I have developed as a New Yorker:

"When small disruptions happen, we whine. When large disruptions happen, we gang up, don't panic, and tough it through "

So true for several instances in my life.
If that's the case, you may want to seriously reconsider getting involved in the aviation industry. I'm completely serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
well, even if you are a 3 or 4, the little saying under your username ensures that there will always be someone happy to bang you.

a long time ago I put a picture on hotornot.com. I think the last time I tried to log in it didn't work anymore. now that im a geezer id be a little nervous about doing that again.
Hooray! I can be pumped and dumped by desperate guys!

That's not exactly something to be proud of.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:00 PM

293 posts, read 388,145 times
I hate to tell you this Adi but you are not a New Yorker. You live in New Brunswick and have only been in this country for a short period of time.

Meditation? You need more of it. All I see in your posts are...."walk-in closest"..."my uncle's Infinity"..."look at me"..."look at me"..."look at me".

Why do Indians think they are better than people who have been in America their whole lives? People who can trace American ancestry back 100 years.

You may be book smart, but your lack of common sense and naive views on almost everything are scary.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane1976 View Post
Why do Indians think they are better than people who have been in America their whole lives?
Why would I ever think that way . Maybe I sound like it while posting, but do not feel that way or intend to portray such an image.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 01-10-2014 at 05:46 PM..

Old 01-10-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
If that's the case, you may want to seriously reconsider getting involved in the aviation industry. I'm completely serious.
I still have a high passion for aviation. Let me see how I perform. If I don't do so well, then changing is always an option. But its worth giving it a try. Its hard to come this far in following my goal, just to give up in the last minute. I want to pull it through and be successfully employed in the Aviation sector. Let me see how I fit in. I have seen that with determination to succeed followed by sincere hard work, you can do much more than you think you are capable of. I am carrying over the same sense of hope and determination coming into Aviation.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 01-10-2014 at 05:32 PM..

Old 01-10-2014, 05:19 PM

72 posts, read 85,732 times
I just feel sorry for anyone that has to ask others how they look. The only opinion that you should care about is your own. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. My husband thinks I'm gorgeous, as do my kids. They are all that matter. I'm sure someone thinks I'm ugly .. do I care ? Not so much.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Why would I ever think that way . Maybe I sound like it while posting, but do not feel that way or intend to portray such an image.
You've made numerous comments about bums, white trash and other "types" of people. A human is a human. Coming from India, one would think you would have more compassion for your fellow man.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:44 PM

Quote:
You've made numerous comments about bums, white trash and other "types" of people. A human is a human. Coming from India, one would think you would have more compassion for your fellow man.
Where did I talk about people in such a derogatory way. If my previous comments indicate such a feeling, I am sorry. I will tell you right now that I never intended to say such things about others.

I have compassion for all human beings, regardless of race or economic status. I only discriminate based upon actions. For me, there are only 2 types of people. Those who do good Vs. those who do bad. Looks & wealth are secondary.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 01-10-2014 at 05:57 PM..

Old 01-10-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Where did I talk about people in such a derogatory way. If my previous comments indicate such a feeling, I am sorry. I will tell you right now that I never intended to say such things about others.

I have compassion for all human beings, regardless of race or economic status. I only discriminate based upon actions. For me, there are only 2 types of people. Those who do good Vs. those who do bad. Looks & wealth are secondary.
Come on man. I am not going to bump anything you wrote. You've constantly made comments about what your uncle drives, what your wear and what you have.

You don't like people speaking badly about you so maybe think twice before typing. People aren't impressed by the delusion that you're a "New Yorker".

Old 01-10-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
You don't like people speaking badly about you so maybe think twice before typing. People aren't impressed by the delusion that you're a "New Yorker".
What you say is completely true. I will be more careful from now on. I will disclose less information about myself and be more modest.

I plead guilty to Lying that I am a New Yorker since I have lived here only for 3 years as an adult (and 6 years as a school child).

But, PLEASE believe me just this once when I say that I do not intend to think of people in a derogatory manner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or