Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 05:21 PM

293 posts, read 468,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
What you say is completely true. I will be more careful from now on. I will disclose less information about myself and be more modest.

I plead guilty to Lying that I am a New Yorker since I have lived here only for 3 years as an adult (and 6 years as a school child).
You don't live in New York man. That means you are a not a New Yorker. I've lived in New Jersey for 25 years and was born in New Jersey. I'm not a New Yorker.

Maybe speak about who you are, not what you or other family members have. Just a suggestion. Have a nice night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 05:34 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane1976 View Post
You don't live in New York man. That means you are a not a New Yorker.
I used to as a child though. I lived in Floral Park, NY from 1997 to 2003. Here is my school:

PS 115Q ~ The Glen Oaks School | "Going Beyond Expectations"

The assistant principal is my 5th grade teacher's son (Who took over after she retired 10 years ago). I was in school the summer day she retired and handed over the teaching position to him.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
I used to as a child though. I lived in Floral Park, NY from 1997 to 2003. Here is my school:

PS 115Q ~ The Glen Oaks School | "Going Beyond Expectations"

The assistant principal is my 5th grade teacher's son (Who took over after she retired 10 years ago). I was in school the summer day she retired and handed over the teaching position to him.
Call yourself a New Yorker. See how many people including New Yorkers care.

Take care.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Take care.
Thank you sir, and wish you a wonderful weekend .

Old 01-10-2014, 06:04 PM

Looks like a nice school. Stay warm Adi.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Looks like a nice school. Stay warm Adi.
Thanks for the compliment Bane. Stay warm, safe, and Enjoy.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:50 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
I still have a high passion for aviation. Let me see how I perform. If I don't do so well, then changing is always an option. But its worth giving it a try. Its hard to come this far in following my goal, just to give up in the last minute. I want to pull it through and be successfully employed in the Aviation sector. Let me see how I fit in. I have seen that with determination to succeed followed by sincere hard work, you can do much more than you think you are capable of. I am carrying over the same sense of hope and determination coming into Aviation.
Passion isn't enough in this industry.

I hope you do well, but if you get agitated over small things like this, the industry will chew you up and spit you out. Just wait until the first time you spend 100+ hours on a project only to be told the regulation has changed and you have to start all over, but need to complete it in the same time frame. Determination and motivation is great, but there's so much you need to succeed, especially soft skills.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:54 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
So... how do I look?

Honest thoughts, please.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Passion isn't enough in this industry.

I hope you do well, but if you get agitated over small things like this, the industry will chew you up and spit you out. Just wait until the first time you spend 100+ hours on a project only to be told the regulation has changed and you have to start all over, but need to complete it in the same time frame. Determination and motivation is great, but there's so much you need to succeed, especially soft skills.
I will try my level best not to get intimidated while at work.

This is just a thread to ask people to bring in their views, because there have been a lot of threads with "rate my looks" bashing lately. Its a methodology to find out the true reason why other people get intimidated by such threads and start making incorrect assumptions. Its not due to my personal insecurity. Always curious to find out why things happen the way they do .

Old 01-10-2014, 07:21 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,720,029 times
Quote:
I would like to honestly know why all the "Rate my looks" threads are hated on this forum. What infuriates you about these threads. I apologize for being stupid and posting a couple of these threads myself.

But why is there extreme anger towards people asking on the internet how they look. Why is Reassurance regarded as a crime which deserves the electric chair on this forum. How, in any way, does it claim that one has low confidence and is insecure. Finally, Why do people assume the most ridiculous things about a persons personality when they post a "rate my looks" thread.

Be honest with all of your responses. I want to know.
Because they are fundamentally both shallow and insecure, an incredibly unattractive combination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty