Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2014, 07:27 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,775 times

Advertisements

Read part of the thread, haven't read all of it so I don't know if anyone has done this.

Here are two of the shorter "No makeup makeup look" tutorials on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL6SUaug6wA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfNiNtDk5eg

A LOT of the women you see who look like they aren't wearing makeup, are actually wearing quite a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 07:31 PM

723 posts, read 868,168 times
have you seen what most women look like without make-up? They're like ninjas with that stuff.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:11 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_marto View Post
have you seen what most women look like without make-up? They're like ninjas with that stuff.
I have seen women celebrities without makeup and it's nothing short of shocking. Some go from beautiful to plain while others look downright scary. I don't understand why so many men want women to look worse. some are calling women who wear makeup insecure. I say it's many of the men who want women to be natural that are insecure. Female beauty/glamour/sexiness makes them feel inferior for some reason...plain janes put them at ease.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:00 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,861,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I have seen women celebrities without makeup and it's nothing short of shocking. Some go from beautiful to plain while others look downright scary. I don't understand why so many men want women to look worse. some are calling women who wear makeup insecure. I say it's many of the men who want women to be natural that are insecure. Female beauty/glamour/sexiness makes them feel inferior for some reason...plain janes put them at ease.

Being terrified of leaving the house without makeup--and some people are--is symptomatic of a problem.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,091 times
Default Because

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I hear you. they should save the money on all that make up and get themselves some breast implants.
What a stupid, sexist comment.

Women wear makeup because American culture deems them not attractive unless they look "beautiful", artificial or whatever.

Our culture wants women to look young and beautiful well past the age of 40... so that leads to lots of makeup etc. in order to not be deemed "ugly" or "looking like a man".

Yeah some women get away with it but only if they are naturally attractive to begin with, which is only about 10% of all females.

You guys made the rules about female attractiveness about 1,000+ years ago. Don't complain now.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:34 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
It's really sad, because I see so many girls with pretty faces get powdered up and try to look mature when they are still so young. The next thing they do is smoke, weed, and etc. The Lindsay Lohan story.
Yes, I HAVE heard all the warnings that face powder is just a gateway drug to weed, now that you mention it.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:31 AM

361 posts, read 724,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I just can't understand why women can't just go natural and not put anything on their faces. Men do not like women with clown looking faces. Just a lip gloss is good enough. This has to be a major insecurity that almost all women have to put something on before they go out.
You either have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, or you are lying to yourself.

You do realize there's a fine line between too much make up and just enough, right?

Last edited by Flamboyante; 01-15-2014 at 12:39 AM..

Old 01-15-2014, 01:12 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Yes, I HAVE heard all the warnings that face powder is just a gateway drug to weed, now that you mention it.
Thanks, that made me lol!

Old 01-15-2014, 07:01 AM

28 posts, read 34,805 times
Makeup is nothing more than a mask. In the morning you see a completely different person. You dont see men walking around with Brad Pitt mask's, and attempting to pass it off as their natural appearance. Halloween is over, and Winter is coming.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:29 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDODSON View Post
Makeup is nothing more than a mask. In the morning you see a completely different person. You dont see men walking around with Brad Pitt mask's, and attempting to pass it off as their natural appearance. Halloween is over, and Winter is coming.
Because men aren't judged as harshly on appearance as women.

It really is as simple as that. If women were treated fairly regardless of what they looked like I'm sure the use of makeup would go waaaay down. As it is, I can tell a definite difference in the way people treat me (strangers on the subway, cashiers at stores, the teller at the bank etc.) when I wear makeup. I'm no stunner by any means, but complete strangers can be just horrible to women they don't deem attractive enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty