Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2014, 12:38 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
The reason I started this thread because men like myself and others don't care about what you've just wrote.

Sure you can look 5-10-100x better but I still like to see you and get to know you without makeup on because in my mind that's the face I'll remember.

If you look 50x better today with makeup and tomorrow change your lip or eye liner to something different I might see you -50x worse.
It is your privilege to like whatever you want. But women do not have to comply with your preferences.

And to be clear, and to state this yet again, women who wear makeup do not "paint" themselves. A lot of the posts against wearers of makeup are simply offensive. We are not clowns. We do not wish to hide ourselves. You would like your views respected; please respect those whose views are different from yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 12:40 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xqt View Post
Did you ever consider that maybe some women like to wear makeup and don't do everything to please you?
The irony in this is that women look better and thus more pleasing with makeup. So it's interesting that having women look worse would be pleasing to so many men. I believe it's all about power motives. My guess is men who want women to not wear makeup are more dominant.Dominant men do not like female dominance.Makeup makes women more dominant because it enhances their beauty and beauty=power.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:21 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
The irony in this is that women look better and thus more pleasing with makeup. So it's interesting that having women look worse would be pleasing to so many men. I believe it's all about power motives. My guess is men who want women to not wear makeup are more dominant.Dominant men do not like female dominance.Makeup makes women more dominant because it enhances their beauty and beauty=power.
Well said, my friend ^^^

Old 01-29-2014, 11:08 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
In a way, makeup does increase female dominance, mostly in a bad way (e.g., refusal to form or maintain bonds). But it remains true that many young women could look just as attractive with a natural look, if they took proper care of things, and it's probably human nature to prefer attractive natural over attractive unnatural. Why not go for a more natural look?

Old 01-29-2014, 11:40 AM

A separate point, another male objection to makeup and other upkeep: it eats up much time and money, probably at least as annoying to men as a bodybuilding obsession is to many women.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:04 PM

453 posts, read 631,911 times
Since when is it a guy's business how a woman chooses to spend her time and money?

Old 01-29-2014, 12:07 PM

Also makeup has nothing to do with forming or maintaining bonds. Sheesh.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:38 PM

Time/money is the complaint of men in relationships with those women. (Single men don't care, even when they should anticipate that problem, even when they're wary of "high-maintenance" women.)

The combination of makeup, other beauty products, and maybe certain clothing does seem to inflate women's confidence re the caliber of men they think they deserve. A bunch of men resent that.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:35 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,611,162 times
For all you guys saying you prefer a natural look - you sure give me more attention, buy me drinks, flirt, comp'd cover charges and ask me out when I have my fake lashes, hair extensions and full face on. Granted, I used to be a make-up artist, use warm tones and my application is blended and flawless.

A note to you make-up-less Colorado women: you're gross! I live in Denvoid and the slovenly, dirty & frizzy hair, dried-out-skin-hippy-look on 99% of women here is homely! It's frustrating to go out and be the only chick who put forth an effort to look my best. I do not relate to you women at all. Oh how I miss my fake b00bied, fully made-up, gorgeous friends in Vegas/LA. *sighs*

Old 01-29-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Time/money is the complaint of men in relationships with those women. (Single men don't care, even when they should anticipate that problem, even when they're wary of "high-maintenance" women.)
It's her money and her time.

Quote:
The combination of makeup, other beauty products, and maybe certain clothing does seem to inflate women's confidence re the caliber of men they think they deserve. A bunch of men resent that.
Oh, this is about small-d-ck syndrome! Why didn't you just say so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty