Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 03:44 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You should have seen what men in the Relationships forum had to say about this idea. They hate when women go without makeup. They say most women are ugly without makeup.

Most places where I've lived, women do go without makeup, though. You should move to the West Coast or northern New Mexico and Colorado, if you like that look. France, too.
but ruth, half the men in the relationship forum are short, and deem women unapproachable, so with or without make up, the short guys cant get dates unless they pay....not a good frame of reference over there ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2014, 06:06 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,218,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I just can't understand why women can't just go natural and not put anything on their faces. Men do not like women with clown looking faces. Just a lip gloss is good enough. This has to be a major insecurity that almost all women have to put something on before they go out.
Grown women should be able to do to their faces whatever they want. If you want a woman who is natural then find a woman who chooses to be natural but don't expect ALL women to confirm to your idea of natural beauty.

My husband didn't even want me wearing lip gloss. But it wasn't because he preferred a natural look, he was abusive and telling me he didn't want me wearing make up was just another means to try to control me. Telling me not to wear make up also turned into him trying to control what I ate and my comings and goings. But he learned his lesson. He's not my husband anymore--because I left his a**!!!

I have noticed even outside of my own experience that men who say this sort of thing are controlling and misogynistic. Men who say they don't women to alter their appearance basically doesn't want a woman who has "wings." Let's face it: most women look a whole lot better when they enhance themselves, whether it's buy wearing make up adding hair extensions (done right and natural-looking) or even adding nails. A woman who takes the time to enhance her appearance not only looks good, she looks good to other men.

Female enhancement gives a woman wings. It creates options for her in terms of men. It makes her attractive to more than just one man, and men who have complaints such as these basically wants a woman who's plain so he doesn't have to worry about her having options leaving him for another man.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:15 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Grown women should be able to do to their faces whatever they want. If you want a woman who is natural then find a woman who chooses to be natural but don't expect ALL women to confirm to your idea of natural beauty.

My husband didn't even want me wearing lip gloss. But it wasn't because he preferred a natural look, he was abusive and telling me he didn't want me wearing make up was just another means to try to control me. Telling me not to wear make up also turned into him trying to control what I ate and my comings and goings. But he learned his lesson. He's not my husband anymore--because I left his a**!!!

I have noticed even outside of my own experience that men who say this sort of thing are controlling and misogynistic. Men who say they don't women to alter their appearance basically doesn't want a woman who has "wings." Let's face it: most women look a whole lot better when they enhance themselves, whether it's buy wearing make up adding hair extensions (done right and natural-looking) or even adding nails. A woman who takes the time to enhance her appearance not only looks good, she looks good to other men.

Female enhancement gives a woman wings. It creates options for her in terms of men. It makes her attractive to more than just one man, and men who have complaints such as these basically wants a woman who's plain so he doesn't have to worry about her having options leaving him for another man.
of all the billions of dollars spent on female "enhancement" is necessary? and for male attention most women say they dont want anyways ????

maybe it's different up in maine,, the dating motto in up here is "beauty is only a lightswitch away"

Old 01-11-2014, 06:19 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,828,036 times
A lot of women don't like their faces without makeup. It has less to do with how attractive one actually is without makeup, if one has spent their lives or a good portion of it, wearing makeup and is used to seeing one's face a certain way, it'd take some time to get used to without makeup. That's what happened with me. When I stopped wearing makeup though was for climate reasons. I lived in Florida during summer months and my entire face dripped in sweat when I went somewhere so wearing makeup was pointless for me there. Since then I've just never picked up the habit of wearing makeup again.

Old 01-11-2014, 08:49 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,416,491 times
Men that rely on beauty as their main reason for being attracted to a woman are missing the most important part of a woman. Imo, women have a lot more to offer than a painted face. I dunno, I guess it's just me.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:29 AM

260 posts, read 337,721 times
I am 50 and I stopped wearing makeup about 10 years ago when I left the corporate world. Even then what I wore was fairly minimal. Now I may wear it twice a year when I go to some kind of formal event for pictures but even then it's minimal. And I do what I want because it's what I want and not what everyone else expects me to do.

I just don't like the idea of putting all those chemicals on my face every day. I like to focus more on health and taking good care of my skin. I am very fair and more concerned with sun damage, moisturizing and minimizing lines and wrinkles and taking the best care possible of my skin. People say I have beautiful skin and I think wearing mimimal to no makeup over the years has helped this. Looking healthy is the most beautiful thing of all.

When women wear a lot of makeup it makes me question what's under there - what are they hiding?

Old 01-11-2014, 10:38 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,416,491 times
I don't know the real answer to this but wouldn't [you] think that some of the chemicals in make-up are absorbed into the body?

Old 01-11-2014, 10:46 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,190,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
At least this thread on "going natural" isn't about not shaving legs and underarms.
Yeah, I was sure that it would be another gorilla look thread.

Old 01-11-2014, 01:37 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,320 times
Women don't wear makeup for men. They wear it for other women (keeping up with the Joneses, competition etc.). I think most women could care less what men think about them outside of the guys they truly care about or love...or the guys they find most attractive and desirable.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:07 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
I don't know the real answer to this but wouldn't [you] think that some of the chemicals in make-up are absorbed into the body?
There are "safe" makeup brands in health food stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty