Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2014, 01:41 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,612,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kineticity View Post
Oh, this is about small-d-ck syndrome! Why didn't you just say so? :-D
That's exactly what it is! Same reason I believe men don't like blondes - they get too much attention and men are deeply insecure baby boys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 02:46 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
If they're a couple that shares resources, it's not just her issue.

The other remarks are just knee-jerk misandry. But if women want to fraud and then get treated poorly by top-tier men (as if a man who isn't "hot" or rich is an automatic dud), I can't stop that. Just speculating that the full face can make a woman feel like she's someone else and disconnect from a softer side of her personality.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:50 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
In a way, makeup does increase female dominance, mostly in a bad way (e.g., refusal to form or maintain bonds).
WOW! You heard it here first, folks! Women who wear makeup refuse to form or maintain bonds! So if you want women who are into bonding, go for the makeup-free ones!

Old 01-29-2014, 02:52 PM

392 posts, read 352,222 times
If the woman are naturally beautiful...going natural is fine. I have no problem with arm pit hair...real eye brows and a bit of normal female body fat...IF you are an insecure little female with a superficial mind...go ahead and pluck....shave - vomit....and get some silicone sack sewn into your chest... Woman are all beautiful...those that think they are not are simply on the dumb side.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:54 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragazza2011 View Post
For all you guys saying you prefer a natural look - you sure give me more attention, buy me drinks, flirt, comp'd cover charges and ask me out when I have my fake lashes, hair extensions and full face on. Granted, I used to be a make-up artist, use warm tones and my application is blended and flawless.

A note to you make-up-less Colorado women: you're gross! I live in Denvoid and the slovenly, dirty & frizzy hair, dried-out-skin-hippy-look on 99% of women here is homely! It's frustrating to go out and be the only chick who put forth an effort to look my best. I do not relate to you women at all. Oh how I miss my fake b00bied, fully made-up, gorgeous friends in Vegas/LA. *sighs*
That's a shame about Colorado women. Surveys consistently show they are the least obese women in the U.S. What a waste to be thin and not make an attempt to look pretty. Then again it is a matter of taste. If someone wants to be around thin granolla looking women Colorado seems like it would be utopia.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:55 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragazza2011 View Post
A note to you make-up-less Colorado women: you're gross! I live in Denvoid and the slovenly, dirty & frizzy hair, dried-out-skin-hippy-look on 99% of women here is homely! It's frustrating to go out and be the only chick who put forth an effort to look my best. I do not relate to you women at all. Oh how I miss my fake b00bied, fully made-up, gorgeous friends in Vegas/LA. *sighs*
Oooo-kayyyy. Fake is in. If you don't got it, buy it and flaunt it.

This is why I live in NorCal and NM. I like to keep it real. But...that's just me, I guess.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:02 PM

392 posts, read 352,222 times
Okay...no more Mister Nice Guy. I can't stand dark eyed woman who dye their hair blonde trying to look more "white".....I can't stand woman who have a natural butt and jog morning noon and night in the hope of developing a boyish posterior that shallow semi-homo males might find attractive. Males who will never make good husbands and look at woman as objects....Why do women want to be as superficial as possible in order to attract superficial male? Most of today's young drone males are suffering from delayed development...and Most do not and can not see natural beauty in a natural female.....and some males are not worth attracting....so give it up girls......find a down to earth honest guy and live well and be happy....do something important like have a child.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:29 PM

Hmm, I'm not keen on kids, but I agree with the rest of that. I'm not militantly against beauty products, but the woman who clearly use a lot of them I dislike and I wish they'd change and be the type of woman that's hard to find these days, a woman whose appearance communicates both beauty and a good personality. Many of us men and some women make negative snap judgments about the unnatural look, and women who overdo it should hear the message, particularly the ones who actually aren't awful inside.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:38 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Hmm, I'm not keen on kids, but I agree with the rest of that. I'm not militantly against beauty products, but the woman who clearly use a lot of them I dislike and I wish they'd change and be the type of woman that's hard to find these days, a woman whose appearance communicates both beauty and a good personality. Many of us men and some women make negative snap judgments about the unnatural look, and women who overdo it should hear the message, particularly the ones who actually aren't awful inside.
OK, your earlier posts seem to indicate that you don't like women to use makeup at all, and now you are saying that a little makeup is OK with you?

Some of your other posts are just unreal, as in not in my zone of reality at all.

With all due respect, women are not going to change to please you, OK? There seem to be plenty of women perfectly willing to be totally natural, as you put it. So please find some and cultivate them.

Leave the rest of us alone. We are adults and don't need guidance about our personal grooming.

All of this negativity makes me think there are people who feel that wearing makeup is wrong, and that those of use who wear are really bad people. Lighten up OK? I don't think most women care about your message, frankly.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:00 AM

First of all, I disagree that I said anything "unreal."

Anyway, this isn't about pleasing me personally, although I personally might benefit. Nor is it about attacking specific women, especially when the women of Fashion and Beauty probably are more skillful with beauty products (compared to makeup, a broader and, to me better, category) than the typical woman. She probably does need some guidance about appearance, as does the typical man.

To me, and probably the OP and other male thread participants and maybe a few female participants, this is about a philosophical-based movement back toward natural beauty. With less artifice, because yes some of us think that makeup usually is "wrong" (promoting superficiality and inauthenticity) and (at least me) that there's too much inequality (here re how much enhancement each sex is allowed), consumerism and unhealthy behavior (as in using toxins instead of exercising) plus a shortage in many places of attractive women who project attractive personalities (with mainly the wholly physically unattractive going natural) and ensuing relationship dissatisfaction for both men and women. A movement has to start somewhere. Last year I'd even thought of starting a thread encouraging women to cut back on the number of makeup/facial beauty products (not necessarily cut out, for that's unrealistic). Makeup use is, bluntly, mostly a herd thing. If enough women cut back, others would follow that lead.

But, to not be a cad, I personally would rather not try to regularly crusade about the issue here. Generally change can't be forced.

Last edited by goodheathen; 01-30-2014 at 12:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty