Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2014, 01:47 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,831 times

Advertisements

Here is a blog entry from a woman who is critical towards women who dress for themselves. She blames that attitude on feminism.

Stop and Stare | Sunshine Mary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 03:14 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,635,987 times
I'm a woman and I don't wear makeup. I don't even own any makeup. I've got better things to spend my time and money on. I figure the people who matter don't care, and the people who care don't matter. However, if other women want to wear makeup it doesn't bother me. They have their priorities, I have mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Here is a blog entry from a woman who is critical towards women who dress for themselves. She blames that attitude on feminism.

Sunshine Mary blames a lot of things on feminism. She (presuming this person really is a she) is one of those people who think the best place for every women is a submissive doormat of a housewife under the thumb of her husband for the rest of her life. According to her, if women are allowed to run around off the patriarchal leash, they'll start acting like bonobos and screw anything of the same species that moves. And no, I'm not exaggerating.

Why do women prefer male bosses? | Sunshine Mary

The theory of feminine devolution. | Sunshine Mary

In short, I would take anything Sunshine Mary says with a huge grain of salt.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:05 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,731,477 times
They should. If they have time to put on makeup, they got time to make me a ham sammich!

Old 01-30-2014, 08:39 AM

1,003 posts, read 1,612,024 times
Quote:
That's a shame about Colorado women. Surveys consistently show they are the least obese women in the U.S. What a waste to be thin and not make an attempt to look pretty. Then again it is a matter of taste. If someone wants to be around thin granolla looking women Colorado seems like it would be utopia.
Sure they're fit. So fit, they are breast-less, shapeless women with the bodies of ten year old boys. I find women with breasts, clean hair, blush on their non-sunken-anorexic cheeks, beautiful! Showing up at a nice wine bar wearing a messy pony-tail, blue jeans, hoodie and looking like you just came from the farm is so gross. Way to go Denver!

Ruth4Truth
Quote:
Oooo-kayyyy. Fake is in. If you don't got it, buy it and flaunt it.

This is why I live in NorCal and NM. I like to keep it real. But...that's just me, I guess.

Absolutely! If it makes someone look better and feel better - inject and implant away! I didn't get near the attention, dates, model - hell, I didn't get laid until I had my work done. It was money well spent! Men preferring natural women is such a joke. I'd rather be around pretty, injected people than jealous hater women - who if put forth a little effort, could have the same attention.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:49 AM

1,392 posts, read 3,128,043 times
Because without makeup, I look like a 12 year old boy; and seriously, I don't want to date the kind of man that look would attract.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:57 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
I read this essay a few days ago: Please, Don't Tell Me that I Look Better Without Make-up

Quote:
Look, I know it's not true. I know that you're just trying to tell me that you think I'm beautiful all the time, no matter what, but I know I look better with make-up on. I can see the way you look at me when I wear it versus when I don't. I can see the way that others respond to me when I wear it versus when I don't. And I can see myself in the mirror. I can see the dark circles under my eyes that make-up hides. I can see how pale and sickly I look without make-up. I can see the pimples on my chin and the dry spots on my cheeks. I can see those things. Those things make me feel ugly.

Make-up helps to brighten up my eyes and make me look more alert. It gives me more color and helps me look healthier. It evens out the dry spots and covers up the pimples. And I end up looking more like me. Not like a porcelain doll or a clown, as you have been known to say. Like ME. Like the me I picture in my head, not the one I see in the mirror. And no, I don't do it for you. I do it for me. So that the image I see in the mirror is closer to the image in my head. And when my eyes look brighter and my face looks healthier, I FEEL brighter and healthier.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:07 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:

She's anti-suffrage? I have no use for women who don't want me to vote.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:01 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
She's anti-suffrage? I have no use for women who don't want me to vote.
I just found her through a random search. I'm not a regular reader of hers. It does seem strange for a woman to be anti-suffrage.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:02 AM

453 posts, read 632,153 times
Quote:
I just found her through a random search. I'm not a regular reader of hers. It does seem strange for a woman to be anti-suffrage.
It should tell you a lot about her in general.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:17 AM

8 posts, read 9,791 times
I use makeup at minimum..

I avoid eye makeup
I don't use blush on

- or lipgloss
-bb cream

That's all...
I think I'd still look natural just using this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty