Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 05:38 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,821,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Maybe it's regional but I just don't see many women walking around with too much makeup on. Maybe it's different where you live goodheathen.
There are less women who wear a lot of makeup. Women won't admit this but I believe they are trying to please the men who say they want natural. If I was a guy who liked natural I would not complain, tons of women wear little or no makeup.

It's men like me who love the artificial look who should be complaining. a declining number of women wear a lot of makeup or any makeup, thus less women look attractive to us.

I put a specialized personal ad on Craigs List that said I would like to meet a woman who pours on the makeup. All that responded was spam tons of spam) and one woman on disability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 06:19 PM

421 posts, read 676,335 times
Make up is key to female appearance.

BTW, I clicked on the thread because I thought it was about nudity.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:36 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I haven't had, not do I expect to have, bad dating experiences with makeup-loving women. Even if I did, I wouldn't deserve personal attacks. They're against the TOS. And it's just wrong to make up stuff about people - as in my supposed approval of on-the-job discrimination.

Also, I brought up Cameron Diaz because she used to have awful skin that she hid with makeup. This year she's been on multiple TV shows describing how she fixed things. I know The Dr. Oz Show footage is online.
Ummm. I was in no way attacking you. I am WELL aware of the TOS for this site.

I merely mentioned that male society expects a given standard, and ignoring it in work and social situations can affect a woman's career and dating prospects. Though you may not condone discrimination, you are inviting it and perhaps you did not realize it. A woman who showed up entirely bare faced at work had better have made CEO already, because she's not likely to have much upward mobility after deciding to give up "taking care of her appearance." Kinda like how men who are trying to get ahead in Corporate America do not show up with shaggy, unkempt faces and hair. It's just a part of grooming.

Which is why your repeated insistence that women avoid makeup is kinda unusual and made me wonder if you had one take off makeup to reveal MAJOR flaws or something.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Make up is key to female appearance.

BTW, I clicked on the thread because I thought it was about nudity.
Haha! That would be an interesting thread.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:07 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,879,210 times
I would hope moderators, when participating in threads, habitually view earlier parts of the discussion to spot any problems. [Re people making personal attacks on me.]

I can only recall one or two bad experiences with makeup in my life, and probably neither instance was much about makeup. I don't think my anti-makeup stance (but not 100% opposition) is unusual among men. Nice try with the male grooming analogy, but most women don't have such bad skin, juvenile features, or man-faces that they'd look unprofessional with little or no makeup.

Old 02-15-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
I would hope moderators, when participating in threads, habitually view earlier parts of the discussion to spot any problems. [Re people making personal attacks on me.]

I can only recall one or two bad experiences with makeup in my life, and probably neither instance was much about makeup. I don't think my anti-makeup stance (but not 100% opposition) is unusual among men. Nice try with the male grooming analogy, but most women don't have such bad skin, juvenile features, or man-faces that they'd look unprofessional with little or no makeup.
I don't moderate this board. I mean, I will moderate something if I see it as a blatant violation, but I don't receive report notifications from this particular board and I don't read all the posts.

If you have had trouble in this thread (I haven't read all the posts, some are like NOVELS)... report them... the mod who handles this board will respond.

It's not about being unprofessional. I think you'd be amazed how women look with ZERO makeup. I think that many women you have seen who are allegedly without makeup are wearing a light amount. That was my point. They have on a hint of eye shadow, a bit of blush, a hint of lip gloss... probably groomed their eyebrows, etc.

I think what you really want is lighter makeup. That's what I've been trying to tell you all this time. LOL.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:08 AM

It depends on the woman, although almost all would benefit from putting color or gloss on their lips and covering up dark circles. (When they're greatly faking lips or under-eye area, not okay.) I am unconvinced that (besides covering up the occasional zit) most women need anything else on their skin. (If they do, they probably should take better care of themselves instead.)

A guy finally echoed my comment that a makeup routine is disruptive. But there's a flip side to that - I think women have less time to bother after having kids and that the lack of makeup is an unstated reason why many men lose interest in their wives.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
It depends on the woman, although almost all would benefit from putting color or gloss on their lips and covering up dark circles. (When they're greatly faking lips or under-eye area, not okay.) I am unconvinced that (besides covering up the occasional zit) most women need anything else on their skin. (If they do, they probably should take better care of themselves instead.)

A guy finally echoed my comment that a makeup routine is disruptive. But there's a flip side to that - I think women have less time to bother after having kids and that the lack of makeup is an unstated reason why many men lose interest in their wives.
That last paragraph supports the wearing of makeup.

Old 02-16-2014, 04:10 PM

Only light makeup. In life, almost inevitably things will end a major makeup routine. Too many women out there are thinking short-term, especially re using makeup to snag a man.

Old 02-16-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Only light makeup. In life, almost inevitably things will end a major makeup routine. Too many women out there are thinking short-term, especially re using makeup to snag a man.
My entire daytime makeup routine takes 5-10 minutes. Nighttime adds another 5, maybe 10 (depends on the occasion).

Takes longer to style my hair than put on makeup. 15-30 minutes.

I'm laid back that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty