Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 10:00 PM

458 posts, read 644,982 times

Advertisements

You live in the South right?
It is generally tougher to meet people in conservative states regardless of your looks, personality, or confidence.
Try socializing near college towns or other cities in your state and see if you come up with different results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2014, 11:06 PM

6 posts, read 8,441 times
and yet most people refuse to acknowledge that racism is bigger in certain areas than others

Old 01-12-2014, 12:34 AM

9,891 posts, read 11,766,452 times
What is handsome to one, is ugly to another. And most women do not go around telling men how handsome they are, or how ugly they are.

There is an old saying, "Beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder".

That is why you see so many really good looking women, married to very far less than handsome men.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:53 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
What is handsome to one, is ugly to another. And most women do not go around telling men how handsome they are, or how ugly they are.

There is an old saying, "Beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder".

That is why you see so many really good looking women, married to very far less than handsome men.
Or, maybe she's materialistic and he's got money.

Or, maybe he's charming with a good sense of humor.

Or, maybe she is getting it righteously every night.

Or - fill in the blank. I think the point is that women are attracted to men for myriad reasons. Lucky for all of us that we don't all want the same in life, huh?

Guys get complimented on their looks all the time. Or has that not been your experience?

Old 01-12-2014, 12:58 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,801,597 times
I'm sure you have some idea.

Old 01-12-2014, 02:55 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,585,134 times
You probably spend too much time asking your dates how good-looking they think you are. Stop that right now.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:55 AM

993 posts, read 1,561,026 times
Hmm. This poster sounds an awful lot like bluemoonpie, that person who claimed to be a dark-skinned black woman who couldn't get any attention because of her skin color.

But yeah, I've known a few guys who didn't believe they were handsome when they heard it. They were usually guys who had been fat or gangly as kids and grew into their looks in late adolescence and young adulthood. So, it's not like your case where you think you're good-looking but no one says that to you.

I'm a young black female who's spent considerable time in many regions of this country, including the deep south, and I get comments from people of all ethnic backgrounds. If people think you're attractive and worth approaching, they will let you know it no matter what color you are.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:07 AM

7,372 posts, read 16,015,581 times
This describes me to a T. I'm fabulously gorgeous and hardly seem to know it myself.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:58 AM

111 posts, read 239,499 times
1) You seem to be very inexperienced so you may only see "You're really hot/sexy/handsome" as a compliment. You probably don't notice the smiling or the way they stand or when they touch your shoulder or why they are talking to you or any of the other signs of flirting. Just because someone hasn't offered to **** you doesn't mean that they are not interested in you.

2) You probably aren't attractive if you don't see it or see any results. But only posting a picture can get a clearer answer.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:13 AM

6 posts, read 8,441 times
We are going to pretend that a asian guy will be treated the same way in the south as he will in the west, you guys lack so much life experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty