Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 12:34 PM

458 posts, read 641,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
This describes me to a T. I'm fabulously gorgeous and hardly seem to know it myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 12:51 PM

993 posts, read 1,552,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Survival of the persisten View Post
We are going to pretend that a asian guy will be treated the same way in the south as he will in the west, you guys lack so much life experience.
You've completely changed your original question. It's pretty clear you're trying to prove a point, that point being the tired ol' cry of "RACISM!!!!1!!!"

Like I said, I'm black. If I lived my life concerned by the number of people in this world who don't like that or who don't find me attractive because of that, I'd be just as miserable as you are. But I don't. I choose to give my attention to the people who do accept me, and I choose to live my life to its fullest potential.

Also, if the asian guy looked like some of the men on this list (particularly #s 3, 8, 10, 14, 23, 26, and 27), girls would indeed be fawning over them.

27 Asian Leading Men Who Deserve More Airtime

You're the one who seems to be obsessed with rigid stereotypes here. Everyone in the south isn't a confederate flag-waving bigot, you know. And if you live in an area where that is the case, leave.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:57 PM

6 posts, read 8,385 times
The south is not racist as in the confederate way but interracial dating is highly looked down upon there. As a black woman that is attractive you might get some lee way because men are generally not as picky about race as women are but a man from a minority background in any southern state will always struggle because of his skin color but guess no one on here has the life experience to admit it.

Old 01-12-2014, 02:07 PM

993 posts, read 1,552,770 times
The statistics don't agree with you there:

Top 20 States For Interracial Dating (INFOGRAPHIC)

Take your own advice and move since you're so unhappy with the fact that you're attractive to people outside your race in your area.

I'm also still not seeing what this has to do with the thread title.

Old 01-12-2014, 02:56 PM

127 posts, read 317,986 times
I have no dog in this fight but I just want to comment on the link, it is inaccurate. Washington state is an excellent state for interracial dating, I have lived there, a handsome man who is Black, Asian, Indian, or Latino could attract a good looking White woman without much issues. California deserves to be up there too.

I define interracial dating as White with someone that isn't White since that is what society makes a big deal out of. Having lived in Atlanta before I can say with full confidence that it is not a good place to be a minority and someone who looks like Mark Sanchez would struggle a lot with the Southern Belles there.

That statistic is simply based on people joining a certain site.

Thought interracial relationships happen between White women and men of other races down south, it is typically in working class and poor areas. You won't see any White girls in Buckhead dating a Mark Sanchez or even many of them dating a Black guy.

In California you do see interracial dating happening in places like Beverly Hills and Santa Monica.

That whole list is garbage.

As for the OP's post, I talk about it on my thread where I say how in my experience the All American look is preferred in some areas while the exotic look is preferred in others. Lets not pretend that someone who looks like Cristiano Ronaldo is going to be getting a lot of love from the women of Alabama because well, he might be good but he isn't their type.

Old 01-12-2014, 04:56 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,317,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Survival of the persisten View Post
The south is not racist as in the confederate way but interracial dating is highly looked down upon there. As a black woman that is attractive you might get some lee way because men are generally not as picky about race as women are but a man from a minority background in any southern state will always struggle because of his skin color but guess no one on here has the life experience to admit it.
So, what is your problem? That white women shun you? Black women aren't interested? Indian girls not looking your way? Arab women say 'no thanks' to dating you? Or, all?

Not everyone wishes to date outside their race, or religion or even nationality. They're not all prejudiced, simply have personal preferences, just like you. You can't force women you want to accept you as a partner simply because you wish to date them. By those standards, every 20-yr old girl would be on the arm of a 60-80 yr old. It may have & probably does have nothing to do with your attractiveness, but simply that those particular women you've targeted aren't attracted to you for a whole host of reasons & you refuse to accept it.

Some people in certain cultures prefer to date those similar to them. I don't normally see Chinese people or Indian or Greek or Italian or certain Arab cultures dating others of varying races/nationalities. Some, but not most, in my experience. When I lived in Italy, most IT men had IT wives. Same when I lived in Japan. Are they all racist? I date within my race & even prefer men of my nationality, who grew up in my religion, because those have been the most fulfilling... we're both from the same culture, we've had similar backgrounds & due to that, there's an innate understanding. Our humor is the same, we like the same foods, etc... certainly makes it easier & FAR less a struggle than when I dated people of varying religions, nationalities, backgrounds or even from different US regions or countries. In fact, they were all bloody dreadful relationships. I also find I'm attracted to my own nationality the most... that's an inborn thing... I can't help to whom I'm attracted. So, am I a horrible racist by your standards because I'm attracted to blonde men, who look most like me & not necessarily those from Kiribati?

Same reasoning, I prefer to date within my age range. Not saying I haven't found people attractive who were 20-yrs younger or 20-yrs older (although I wasn't attracted to them)... I find it easier & more fulfilling to be with someone who has the same generational references and/or perhaps even likes the same music, etc. Am I prejudiced for not wanting to be on the arm of a boytoy or old man? If you think yes, you're not honoring that finding someone attractive vs being attracted to someone are 2 very different things. I know what I like & no matter how fun an 80-yr old man or a 20-yr old boy, I'm not attracted to either & I'll pass.

If you don't mind my saying, stop pouting & get out & enjoy yourself. That's what will attract women to you. A brooding man, who feels sorry for himself makes me run for the bloody hills, regardless of his heritage.

Good luck.

Old 01-12-2014, 05:01 PM

28,563 posts, read 18,566,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Not in my experience. If a guy is handsome he will get plenty of female attention, and his personality will not fetter the results. There are plenty of shallow minded females queuing for their chance at Adonis.

This is true, but there are both men and women who were "ugly ducklings" and don't really come into their attractiveness until they are out of school. By that time they will have developed an "ugly" complex that will be hard to shake off, if ever.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:13 PM

Everyone is being a bit too harsh on OP here without realizing what is going on. I would assume the OP is probably born and raised in America, not one of those fresh out of Asia kind of Asians. Culturally he probably has a lot in common with American women as well. It just infuriates him that women aren't responding as well to him as they would to his White friends. I just want to say this does change based on region.

When I lived in Seattle and the West Coast, I saw interracial relationships very often and quite a few women of all races were not afraid to admit a guy like Cristiano Ronaldo or some Asian actor like Daniel Henney was hot.

In some areas of the nation such as the south, women might actually be attracted to a guy that looks exotic and have some things in common with him but there is one breaking point that happens. Women will not date guys that aren't approved of by their social circles and guys that their friends have a hard time accepting.

What could be the case is you could have an attractive Asian guy but girls would say he isn't "their type" even if he is Westernized and has a lot in common with these girls, the problem being, he isn't White.

Everyone wants to hide the fact that this sort of discrimination happens when it actually does. I am a White male myself and I have talked to White girls in my time in Kentucky who found a Black or Asian guy attractive but said something along the lines of "he is hot but my friends would hate me if I dated his race". To women what their friends say tends to matter alot, this is especially true for younger girls.

So yes, someone can be handsome without even knowing it because girls will be shy to admit a certain kind of guy is hot.

If OP was a White Southern guy having issues with women down south then we could say he was a troll but from the sounds of this thread it seems like he is actually a minority struggling.

And yes people in the south aren't that tolerant of interracial dating so if a girl who happened to be White liked a guy that wasn't White and dated him, she would face a lot of animosity.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:27 PM

11,561 posts, read 9,263,948 times
Didn't read any replies, but yes you can. I have a Puerto Rican friend who is a 8 or a 9, and constantly gets hit on by girls, but is very insecure despite of it

Old 01-12-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Didn't read any replies, but yes you can. I have a Puerto Rican friend who is a 8 or a 9, and constantly gets hit on by girls, but is very insecure despite of it
This is in NYC, your friend has some problems he needs to work through.

If he was in the south or some backwards area of America, girls would not hit on him as often, at least not White girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty