U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 07:06 PM

11,564 posts, read 6,763,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
This is in NYC, your friend has some problems he needs to work through.

If he was in the south or some backwards area of America, girls would not hit on him as often, at least not White girls.
Actually I've heard a theory that he might be secretly gay. My mother thought he was gay, and she is usually pretty good at predicting when someone is going to come out (my high school had a very big gay community). However, his parents are strict Catholics and he lives in a banged up area, so he might be conditionally repressed against coming out, so this is just a theory
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 09:13 PM

2,898 posts, read 5,345,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
If he was in the south or some backwards area of America, girls would not hit on him as often, at least not White girls.
Your forum name & the fact that you're a brand new poster & began with this thread is more than a bit suspicious, but for a moment, I'll assume you're being genuine.

Everything is relative to what one has personally experienced. When I lived in Atlanta, which was way back in the early 90s, when mixed relationships were less common, I'd never seen so many black men with white women, still to this day... the opposite of what you're espousing. So, mixed couples or lack of them completely depends upon where one lives & in which part of the city. I've lived in the inner-city almost all of my life, so have always lived in racially diverse neighborhoods, where having friends from different races is quite the norm for most. Friends of mine from the suburbs never experienced that, even though they lived only 20-mi away. You can't make a blanket statement about any region, etc. It never makes sense & is rarely true.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:10 PM

293 posts, read 388,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
the only people that compliment my looks are my mother in law and my mother's geezer friends. as a guy, you dont really get compliments that much. but if you are nailing attractive girls, that has to mean you are also attractive.
Dude you try way too hard to be funny and 99.9% of what you write is not funny. Maybe stop trying to be Jim Carrey and start being you

Old 01-12-2014, 10:12 PM

293 posts, read 388,145 times
CaptainNJ thinks he is:

Jan Hammer - Crockett's Theme (Miami Vice) - YouTube

Smart money says a somewhat balding, slightly overweight dude with hair on his back.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:40 PM

127 posts, read 249,563 times
The only time I saw much interracial relationship happening in the south were in trailer parks and inner city areas which were mostly poor. In the upper midwest and other regions I saw far more Asian and Black men with White women who were from the suburbs and well off areas.

Old 01-13-2014, 12:25 AM

8,874 posts, read 13,917,864 times
People who don't know they are physically attractive are the MOST physically attractive, IMO. But the fact that you asked that question takes you out of that category. No one truly unconcerned with their looks, willing to accept just what they are, would ask the question you posed.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:12 AM

14,289 posts, read 9,552,772 times
One problem with being a handsome guy is that many really handsome guys are being written off either as gay or taken so a lot of females just don't have the guts to find out.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:03 AM

33 posts, read 76,487 times
Yes, there is. When I was 14. LOL

Old 01-13-2014, 09:29 AM

4,103 posts, read 4,420,658 times
Hmm, I had no problem at all getting girls in college/while single....yet have rarely ever been told Im attractive. I dont think girls go around telling guys theyre attractive. Youre supposed to derive the fact that you are attractive by how easy it is to pick up a girl. And in my experience your ability to pick up a girl has more to do with how you act than how you look. Confidence+personality+knowing how to talk to a girl > Ripped abs.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:05 AM

6,881 posts, read 18,469,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Survival of the persisten View Post
When I posted my picture to beautifulpeople.com
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!?!?!?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or