U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2014, 05:51 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,038,752 times

Advertisements

How is Josie Maran's Argan oil? Does it moisture the face well or is it greasy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 09:56 PM

1,055 posts, read 2,160,991 times
It depends. I have acne prone skin and I found it to make my face feel greasy/slick, even if I only used a drop or two. I used the rest of the bottle on my cuticles since it wasn't working for my face. After using it, my face didn't feel moisturized, just oily. Maybe it will be a better product for someone with dry skin.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:03 PM

322 posts, read 206,133 times
Its a pretty good oil. A drop of it will go a long way...its an oil so some greasiness is to be expected but it probably can be better for dry or combination skin. Works well for me in the winter when my face is feeling dry and in need of some moisture. Besides face its good for use on the rest of the body and some people use it on the rough ends of their hair. You could try a sample of it before commiting as its pretty pricey if you dont like how it feels/works.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:32 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,038,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamingx View Post
Its a pretty good oil. A drop of it will go a long way...its an oil so some greasiness is to be expected but it probably can be better for dry or combination skin. Works well for me in the winter when my face is feeling dry and in need of some moisture. Besides face its good for use on the rest of the body and some people use it on the rough ends of their hair. You could try a sample of it before commiting as its pretty pricey if you dont like how it feels/works.

Living in the Southwest high desert, my skin is very dry so I ordered the oil and will give it a try very soon. Nothing else has worked to hydrate my skin here in the winter so maybe the argan oil will make a difference.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:10 PM

322 posts, read 206,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townandcountrygal View Post
Living in the Southwest high desert, my skin is very dry so I ordered the oil and will give it a try very soon. Nothing else has worked to hydrate my skin here in the winter so maybe the argan oil will make a difference.
Hopefully it works for you

Old 01-15-2014, 09:33 AM

15,597 posts, read 32,061,259 times
I use argan oil, but not from Josie Maran - you can really get good quality oil MUCH cheaper if you search. I use one from Argana Shop, they have a website, you can Google since I don't know if I am allowed to link. I love that oil. Just a couple drops moisturizes my whole face. I have tried a LOT of different oils this past year, and for my face I love this one. I use other oils on my body (coconut and sweet almond).

Just remember less is more, start with a couple drops (seriously!) and go from there.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:59 AM

2,532 posts, read 4,267,468 times
I like a lot of her products..that being said, her oil didn't work for me. It made my skin itchy and it didn't moisturize well at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty