Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 09:36 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckodeirish View Post
Don't smoke.
Don't engage in substance abuse
Don't allow stress to run your life, learn to be resilient.
Wear sunblock all year
Keep a healthy diet, yes it matters
Curse your DNA if you tend to have a family trait of early skin wrinkling
Get plenty of sleep
Don't walk around angry at the world. I cannot tell you how many people I see who look older because they are sour and angry. If things happen, work to move on.
Plenty of sex.
And when you inevitably get some wrinkles, don't worry about it because it happens, we all had our wrinkle free years, embrace them now and accept aging gracefully
Excellent advice! I would add water. Lots of water. Nothing makes me look older than dehydration. Drop the coffee habit and drink 16 oz. of water immediately upon awakening. Moisturize your body from the inside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 02:24 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,863,133 times
Use a moisturizer with sunblock--daily. Do not smoke anything; messes your face up more than anything! Avoid frequent drinking. Live a life that makes you happy. Get plenty of sleep. Recognize that some wrinkles are not the end of the world. They mean that you mile and laugh!

Old 01-13-2014, 03:09 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,159,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Be nice.

Nothing makes a woman more attractive, and any wrinkles she has less noticeable, than her being genuinely nice.
Can't rep you yet! This is the best answer IMO!

Old 01-13-2014, 03:15 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,863,133 times
You know, I just want to add a couple of things that I don't think were previously mentioned (unlike my post above)!
High cost products don't necessarily translate to better skin. There are a lot of very expensive products in stores which do little more than clean out your wallet. Some good, some no better than drugstore stuff, some very bad. You can find some excellent products in the drugstore. Also, try not to take life, or yourself, too seriously. We only have one, and it's relatively short. Be happy and try not to worry too much.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:27 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,461,755 times
your genetics is the most important, also your body fat has a lot to do with wrinkles, if your very lean the wrinkles show faster

ever notice plump healthy people dont show wrinkles? having thin skin will cause you to wrinkle much sooner

Old 01-13-2014, 05:48 PM

929 posts, read 2,092,287 times
Die young is the only answer.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:42 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckodeirish View Post
Don't smoke.
Don't engage in substance abuse
Don't allow stress to run your life, learn to be resilient.
Wear sunblock all year
Keep a healthy diet, yes it matters
Curse your DNA if you tend to have a family trait of early skin wrinkling
Get plenty of sleep
Don't walk around angry at the world. I cannot tell you how many people I see who look older because they are sour and angry. If things happen, work to move on.
Plenty of sex.
And when you inevitably get some wrinkles, don't worry about it because it happens, we all had our wrinkle free years, embrace them now and accept aging gracefully
What she said. BIG TIME.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:31 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,681,571 times
sunscreen sunscreen sunscreen

Old 01-13-2014, 11:19 PM

10 posts, read 17,429 times
It mostly has to do with genetics and face shape a bit. I am skinny but have a roundish face, having more fat on your face helps. Just try to eat very healthy, drinks lots of water, don't tan and wear sunscreen, etc. (Pretty much everyone has already given you good advice)

Even doing all that, as I said, it mostly has to do with genetics. My dad was still getting his ID checked in his 40's when buying beer and my mom is 49, has no wrinkles. I am 26 and have been mistaken for someone as young as 12 but 14-16 is more common. Look at your older family members to get an idea how you will age.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:24 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
Everyone Ive ever known with heavy deep wrinkles have been moany faced people...now maybe theyve had a hard life or illness... most were heavy smokers....so maybe they got the face they deserved sunbeds are awful for skin damage , but Ill still go with good genes keeping us young looking..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty