Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ladies: Whats your thought when a guy shops in the womans section
He is gay/transgender 5 7.04%
He is insane 0 0%
He is buying something for his wife, Girlfriend or daughter 56 78.87%
None of the Above 10 14.08%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 12:48 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
One day during the holiday season, my uncle wanted to gift his daughter her favorite apparel and he was stared at like a weirdo while shopping in the women's section, mostly by other women. They looked at him as if he was an alien who didnt belong in this world. This begs me to ask the question. Suppose you saw a guy shopping for clothes in the women's section, what thoughts go through your mind.
  1. He is gay or a transgender
  2. He is insane
  3. Perhaps he is buying something for his girlfriend, wife, or daughter.
  4. None of the above
Also, what's so odd with men shopping in the womens section. Women shop in the mens section to buy stuff for their Husbands or sons.

I think nothing... I shop for my hubby and son .....Besides it none my business ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 01:31 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
I think nothing... I shop for my hubby and son .....Besides it none my business ....
That's the way one should be. Why do some people give those odd blank stares like they have seen an alien.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:20 PM

543 posts, read 1,146,464 times
If he looks uncomfortable, it's possible he has a girlfriend or wife doing the shopping and he's just a tag along.
If he is actually shopping, then I think, His lucky lady is going to get a present. I just hope she has the good sense to
be grateful no matter what he gets her.

How cool is it that a guy shops for his lady?

Old 01-13-2014, 08:27 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,690,021 times
I don't think much about it. I shop in the guys aisle for my husband, myself and my daughter at times and I'm sure men do the same. Whatever floats your boat

Old 01-13-2014, 08:55 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Of course, I have never been in a romantic relationship (parents forbid it). But if I were, buying her the dress or shoes she likes the most as a surprise gift would be one way of expressing that I care for her desires and will satisfy them.

But that's just my weird way of imagining things that will never happen in real life.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:29 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,509,755 times
If he's buying women's jeans, maybe he's an Emo.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:35 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
One day during the holiday season, my uncle wanted to gift his daughter her favorite apparel and he was stared at like a weirdo while shopping in the women's section, mostly by other women. They looked at him as if he was an alien who didnt belong in this world. This begs me to ask the question. Suppose you saw a guy shopping for clothes in the women's section, what thoughts go through your mind.
  1. He is gay or a transgender
  2. He is insane
  3. Perhaps he is buying something for his girlfriend, wife, or daughter.
  4. None of the above
Also, what's so odd with men shopping in the womens section. Women shop in the mens section to buy stuff for their Husbands or sons.
No vote. It totally depends on his appearance and behavior.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:38 PM

2,001 posts, read 2,513,131 times
I'd assume he was shopping for a gift. I shop in men's stores as well (aka home improvement or those that sell car parts) and nobody stares at me.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:06 AM

11 posts, read 26,406 times
One and only one time did I enter the women's clothing department to buy my sister a present for her birthday. There were two female cashiers at the desk and my appearance led them to begin a conversation about male cross dressers who shopped there over the years. I'm guessing it wasn't directly about me as they weren't trying not to be heard BUT that, combined with the fact that my sister has never worn the blouse I bought her that day (20 years ago) has ensured that I've never stepped foot in another women's department again. :-)

Old 01-14-2014, 01:07 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
I am a guy, but I'll take a shot at it:

Since the question is 'Whats your thought when a guy shops in the womans section?', I would assume he is buying something.

Am I way off base here? It seems like some respondents are answering the question, 'Whats your thought when a guy lurks in the womans section?'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty