Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ladies: Whats your thought when a guy shops in the womans section
He is gay/transgender 5 7.04%
He is insane 0 0%
He is buying something for his wife, Girlfriend or daughter 56 78.87%
None of the Above 10 14.08%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 04:56 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,190,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
It is creepy guys peeking naked flesh. When they stop this behavior, then welcome to buy clothes. If there is empty changing room but a guy next to it I tell a vendor I am not try on those clothes before man is gone. They become peeking.
Poor creature! You would have died shopping at one of the big store I patronized in Cyrus. There was only one set of changing booths. and they were arranged along one end of the shopping floor available to both shoppers for men's wear and women's wear.

Three years of shopping there, never saw a "peeking" problem. Better behaved women, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 10:16 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Of course, I have never been in a romantic relationship (parents forbid it). But if I were, buying her the dress or shoes she likes the most as a surprise gift would be one way of expressing that I care for her desires and will satisfy them.

But that's just my weird way of imagining things that will never happen in real life.
I don't know. I'd appreciate the thought, but I've always found that when a boyfriend tries to buy clothes as a gift they're never quite right (either in size or in style.) Most women are pretty particular about what they wear.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:19 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,377,273 times
I assume nothing. There are a myriad of reasons why he could be there. He could also be a fashion stylist - who cares?

If a guy wants to avoid a "bad impression," go straight to a sales clerk and explain that you need help choosing a gift, all the judgmental shoppers will then accept you approvingly. If you don't care what strangers think (how I operate) just go about your shopping not giving a damn.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:26 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,728,705 times
There is pretty one name that would make a man venture into the Woman's section to shop and that name belongs to either: "Mother" or "Grandmother"

Old 01-15-2014, 10:30 AM

72 posts, read 99,828 times
I think what an awesome guy. That takes guts and he's doing it for a special lady. Unless you're trying stuff on .. yeah I don't assume anything out of the ordinary.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:31 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
if i am in a female clothing store trying to find a gift, i either know what im looking for already or im going to ask an employee for assistance.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:35 AM

19,517 posts, read 9,537,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
And it's not odd unless he holds it up to fit him or sniffs it.

^
My thoughts exactly - or any other strange behaviours. Just looking for style and size and maybe an attendant is most helpful. Unfortunately, some of the stores place cash/checkout registers near bathrooms/fitting rooms. Focus on the candy bars or the credit cards in your wallet.

Another thing to consider.... perhaps your Uncle looked like someone this person knew? I mean there's other reasons why people look at each other Maybe it's your mind that is in the gutter?

Last edited by cat1116; 01-15-2014 at 10:53 AM..

Old 01-15-2014, 10:56 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
I helped a guy buy a bra at a Target once... it was actually for a costume and the poor dude was so confused and uncomfortable. Actually had a pretty good conversation with him and found out he's about a 36B

Prodded a little and asked him if he'd like to get a drink sometime, but he had a girlfriend. Lucky gal

I don't think it's weird at all to have guys in the women's department...unless they're standing around not doing anything and just staring weirdly at the women around them.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:58 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,643,596 times
Shopping for lady friend or a weirdo. Sorry about that.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:24 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
One day during the holiday season, my uncle wanted to gift his daughter her favorite apparel and he was stared at like a weirdo while shopping in the women's section, mostly by other women. They looked at him as if he was an alien who didnt belong in this world. This begs me to ask the question. Suppose you saw a guy shopping for clothes in the women's section, what thoughts go through your mind.
  1. He is gay or a transgender
  2. He is insane
  3. Perhaps he is buying something for his girlfriend, wife, or daughter.
  4. None of the above
Also, what's so odd with men shopping in the womens section. Women shop in the mens section to buy stuff for their Husbands or sons.
adi, does your uncle have a moustache?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty