Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 01:06 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,202,675 times

Advertisements

From the pictures shown, I would go with #5 all the way, but only if they like plump guys .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 01:43 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
The photo posted in the other thread includes more body types. The 11/12 examples is where I fall. My goal is still a size 8.
2, 3, 4, 5, 11 and 14 for lust factor, which is quite different than LTR, since so many other factors are more important.

In the men's photo, I'm closest to #4 I suppose - 5'10" 185 and 47 years old.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:51 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,286 times
It's interesting the amount of women that are between 11 and 12 or are at 12. It really does seem true then that the average women is a size 12. This is fascinating to me because I am between 8 and 9(in that chart) but have always speculated that it was bull that most women were size 12 since most of the women I met were close to my size or below it or much much bigger. I wear a size 6 and size 8 so I knew I wasn't up with the average size but I always felt like I was sooo big. Interesting to know that I'm not. In fact according to some posters I'm not even considered curvy which is interesting considering that I am, I have a small waist and a big butt and wide hips.

Im just not plus-sized. I don't think being plus-sized means one is curvy.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:00 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,599,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
As if physique alone is that much of a determining variable for a Long Term Relationship?!? Physique is the most malleable (no pun intended) variable in determining someone's compatibility for LTR.
Well, kind of...except that you're going to be having sex with them for years.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:16 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Well, kind of...except that you're going to be having sex with them for years.
Question - would you rather marry:
A. A smoking hot woman who was extremely jealous, needy and kind of a $%#@ to the point that she didn't want you going anywhere without her.
B. An average woman who was relatively independent, cool and was fun to hang out with?

There is a lot to be said when waking up in the morning on a friend's couch and the call goes something like this:

You, "Hi sweetie, I'm sorry, but we were drinking and playing poker last night, and I sat down on the couch after a few too many and crashed out by accident. I just woke up."

Her, "You really had me worried, I wish you had called."

You, "Like I said, I'm sorry. I'm going to grab breakfast with Dave and then head home."

Her, "Ok, see you a bit later."

Old 01-14-2014, 02:48 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,793,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Sort of a spin off from the other thread. It got me thinking what body type some of you prefer. Obviously height and overall build plays a huge role in how these sizes are proportioned on a woman's body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
And that proves what exactly?

The thing about attraction that you don't seem to understand it, attractive minds and personalities come in all body sizes and shapes.

Only a fool would choose the physical body type first, then try to find the chemistry second
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
As if physique alone is that much of a determining variable for a Long Term Relationship?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Picking off the menu is fine for steak. Does the physique come with a sense of humor, compassion, can he cook, do we have things in common besides "your xxx looks good".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
When we're talking long-term, it's mentality that's more important to me than physique
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Question - would you rather marry:
A. A smoking hot woman who was extremely jealous, needy and kind of a $%#@ to the point that she didn't want you going anywhere without her.
B. An average woman who was relatively independent, cool and was fun to hang out with?

The quoted posts missed the point of the OP (except the first one, obviously). She was just asking what your preferred body type was. If you don't care, you don't care. But the assumption is that you're either just looking at them, or you already know they have an awesome personality....now what? Yes, we know personality matters. Maybe the OP already knows she has an awesome personality and is just curious as to what kind of figures people likes. Maybe it's just a quick survey to settle a bet with a friend. Either way, answers like "Personality is more important to me than looks" doesn't answer her questions.

Some people just like to ask around and see what people think about a certain topic. But we have too many people dodging questions like this because they're obviously sensitive about the answers.

Remember, the question wasn't "Which of these would you marry?". It was "which do you prefer?" If you can't figure out that the other, more intangible factors were assumed to be equal, then you should be reading this thread with a helmet so you don't hurt yourself.

Old 01-14-2014, 03:13 PM

1,660 posts, read 2,533,179 times
My girlfriend is size 4 so I guess that's my ideal

Old 01-14-2014, 03:15 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,382,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
Like who you like...but you don't consider a woman who is a size 20-24 to be extremely overweight?
No, I consider a woman who is a size 20-24 a woman, and one I would be potentially attracted to.
Women come in every shape and size, I happen to have a very powerful attraction to heavy women.

Old 01-14-2014, 04:00 PM

31,015 posts, read 22,056,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvl View Post
I don't think the skinny girl is ugly per se.
I just find the size 16 and the size 12 girl hotter, with the 16 girl significantly much hotter.
I don't think she's ugly she just doesn't have the curves I like.

I'm closest to #4 on the Mans list just with a smaller waist and more definition. and not so much hair on my chest.

Old 01-14-2014, 04:59 PM

706 posts, read 1,179,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
It's interesting the amount of women that are between 11 and 12 or are at 12. It really does seem true then that the average women is a size 12. This is fascinating to me because I am between 8 and 9(in that chart) but have always speculated that it was bull that most women were size 12 since most of the women I met were close to my size or below it or much much bigger. I wear a size 6 and size 8 so I knew I wasn't up with the average size but I always felt like I was sooo big. Interesting to know that I'm not. In fact according to some posters I'm not even considered curvy which is interesting considering that I am, I have a small waist and a big butt and wide hips.

Im just not plus-sized. I don't think being plus-sized means one is curvy.
Actually, and quite sadly, the average woman is a size 14/16...not 12. Maybe it used to be 12, but with the number of overweight/obese rising steadily, that number is higher and promises to go even higher than that in the near future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty