Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 10:36 AM

15 posts, read 33,947 times

Advertisements

I'm just curious. Sometimes I think that may be true for some women who are too heavy or gain weight in their tummies... When underweight especially in women with an inverted triangle shape it shows off their curves much more than before... I mean what is a person who gains weight in middle and has no hips to do if they gain weight? Try to stay underweight or just look sloppy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 11:55 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justlife20 View Post
I'm just curious. Sometimes I think that may be true for some women who are too heavy or gain weight in their tummies... When underweight especially in women with an inverted triangle shape it shows off their curves much more than before... I mean what is a person who gains weight in middle and has no hips to do if they gain weight? Try to stay underweight or just look sloppy?
I think that works better when you're under 35. Once you get a little older, you run the risk of your face sagging and making you look older if you are underweight.

You lose some of the collagen that plumps up your face a bit when you are younger.

Example: When I was under 35, I could easily weigh 100 lbs and I looked very thin, but my face was fine. Now, if I get under 135, my face looks too drawn. My ideal is really around 140-150. When I was 25, it was more like 110-115.

Disclaimer: I have a Coke bottle figure. Wide hips, full breasts. I think that as long as you can keep the hip/waist ratio ok, you're fine. That's tougher to do as a triangle, so I can see why you're asking about being underweight. At any weight below about 125, my hip bones protrude.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:08 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I think that works better when you're under 35. Once you get a little older, you run the risk of your face sagging and making you look older if you are underweight.

You lose some of the collagen that plumps up your face a bit when you are younger.

Example: When I was under 35, I could easily weigh 100 lbs and I looked very thin, but my face was fine. Now, if I get under 135, my face looks too drawn. My ideal is really around 140-150. When I was 25, it was more like 110-115.

yeah, that is my problem now. I didnt lose or gain a pound in 7 years.

Now everybody tells me I look skinny. My cheeks are sunken in So I need to gain some pounds and get a bigger belly just to have my face look full again

Old 01-21-2014, 12:10 PM

My hips never protrude they aren't wide at all ill provide a picture. Not even at 84 lbs. I have 32" hips my waists becomes 25" when I'm 108 my hips never get wide they have no curve to them. It makes any weight gain look bad on me. I gain weight on butt not my hips though

Old 01-21-2014, 12:36 PM

Also my mom is 95 lbs she actually looks to be in 20's instead of her 40's

Old 01-21-2014, 01:08 PM

That's me at 108

Moderator cut: images removed

I always tend to look a lot more overweight than I really am it seems. I get when I'm 84-94 lbs I look about 100-110 lbs. I think it's because I'm packed on top it gives the idea I'm at a perfect weight when I'm underweight 10-15 lbs. my waist line is too prominent over my hips when I'm heavier. I don't have to starve to go back to 84 lbs I just have to stop eating McDonald's. I've been eating processed meats hot dogs soda pre prepared food and eating out for about a whole year and reached 24 extra lbs. my dr said I need to gain weight I think she was looking at my hips but at my highest weight I don't get anything on my hips it just goes to my boobs butt and waist but to the front my hips are as straight before no real difference.

Last edited by Marka; 01-23-2014 at 10:02 AM..

Old 01-21-2014, 01:26 PM

706 posts, read 1,180,133 times
Depends on the person I guess. Personally, I'd rather be slightly underweight than overweight.

Old 01-21-2014, 01:27 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,507,892 times
I would stop worrying about the number and tell you to get on a decent fitness plan. Not a diet, but an exercise plan that includes some weight lifting.

You're already thin. To maintain your body, you need exercise as you get older. That will help you keep your shape.

Old 01-21-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
Depends on the person I guess. Personally, I'd rather be slightly underweight than overweight.
Yeah I feel like I go over for my shape especially since people just think I look tiny the other way I feel like it may be better plus all I want is to look perfect for me.

Old 01-21-2014, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
I would stop worrying about the number and tell you to get on a decent fitness plan. Not a diet, but an exercise plan that includes some weight lifting.

You're already thin. To maintain your body, you need exercise as you get older. That will help you keep your shape.
I'm actually quite strong for my size. I have a mesomorph body type. When I was skinnier my muscle mass index was always high. Now my fat percentage is like 20%. When before it was a lot less. I want to exercise... But kinda scared to in some areas. Like my butt. I can't let it get any bigger because I get stretch marks. Not the red lines just a lighter brown and they've been fading since last summer. I don't want to work muscles back there and cause things to get worst when they've been healing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty