Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 05:52 PM

41 posts, read 72,083 times

Advertisements

I thought Coach fabric bags looked dated when they were in style. I'm in my early 30s and none of my friends have Coach bags anymore. A couple of my older, married colleagues still carry Coach purses. I would call the look dated, although take my opinion with a grain of salt because I was never a fan in the first place. My preference is for a clean, tailored leather bag.

Even if you haven't replaced your wardrobe in awhile, I doubt you come off as extremely dated. I would bet that your really dated clothes probably stay in your closet. Boring - maybe. Dated - probably not, you would need a few more years.

Last edited by shrinkberry; 01-23-2014 at 06:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 06:01 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,726,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I was just realized that my coach bags are starting to look dated. I sware I never see women my age with them anymore. I'm 25. All of the women my age and younger either have grundgey/hipster bags or super high end bags in brands I don't really know well.

I always thought Coach was an old stand by but now they seem dated. Has anyone else noticed that? Coach also isn't doing well financially, I think their stock is down. Am I the only one noticing this? So sad because all of my bags are Coach and I can't afford a new purse right now. I also can't stand poor quality Target bags.
Depends on which ones. The made for factory covered with C's factory bags are getting dated. The boutique leather bags, some of them are timeless.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:06 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,074,570 times
Not sure about Coach as a 'fashion' item, but the Company itself is really struggling to generate earnings these past few quarters. They have consistently been below estimates. It could have something to do with declining interest in their products.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:24 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,798,496 times
The new leather line of Coach goes back to the old traditional Coaches that really made the line. I can see that new line being more popular than the past 10 years or so. I really dislike the cloth and large C's on the bags.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:25 PM

254 posts, read 405,932 times
I agree with the comments on the covered with logo bags. No matter what the brand, I've always felt they looked a bit 'try hard' from the get-go.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:48 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,158,868 times
I agree about the logo bags also. I have also been aware of the COACH decline, but I do think it's the logo bags that everyone had at one point, including several knockoffs. It just seems "out" now.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:50 PM

805 posts, read 1,558,448 times
I think Coach was fine back when they were made in the USA but I feel the brand has list it's mojo.
For the OP, find what suits your lifestyle without worrying about brands. My go to work travel bag is a Prozena Schouler PS1 which holds everything any might be a good choice for a student as well.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:04 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,321,638 times
Everyone I know is rocking Michael Kors

Old 01-23-2014, 09:21 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,864,430 times
Marc by Marc Jacobs is popular with the younger set. Over the past couple of seasons Coach has both returned to the timeless bags and upped its style game and I have seen tons of great bags. Kate Spade is getting edgier as well and is good in that price point. Michael Kors is like the new Coach but there are a few lines I really like.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:30 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,842,460 times
There's a Coach outlet in my town. I also check their new offerings online, and their sales. Some of their stuff looks cheap because the logo is too obvious, they use huge ugly zippers (compared to the fine, hidden zippers some European brands use), and other design flaws. But if you're selective, you can find nice things there with only a subtle logo, or no logo. You just won't find it every time you take a look, but they do still have nice things aimed at the youth market every once-in-a-while. It takes patience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty