Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 01:59 AM

483 posts, read 1,559,609 times

Advertisements

Funny I saw this thread because I just found someone on Facebook whom I dated a few years ago. She was 24 then; today she's 28. My god, she went downhill.. She's by no means ugly today, but it doesn't take much to go from hot to average. Basically, 15 lbs and lack of effort will do it.

I've seen it with some other women I knew too... somewhere in their late 20s or early 30s, it all unravels
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 05:50 AM
RVT

367 posts, read 771,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean33 View Post
I will not allow this to happen to me. I have had four nosejobs, 2 facelifts, 2 tummy tucks, multiple liposuction procedures, a ******* lift, calf implants, a moob removal, a chin cleft implant, lip enhancements, and a couple other procedures that elude me at the moment. Some say I resemble Skeletor now, but I say I look and feel like 8 million bucks! And that's how much it's cost me, because insurance won't even cover it. Stupid Obamacare!
Too bad you're not a teacher in Buffalo NY. It would have been covered by insurance.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:52 AM

1,480 posts, read 2,796,190 times
On the days that a young woman is just absolutely beautiful, she is the luckiest person alive. Everyone defers to her, wants to talk to her, will laugh at her jokes, buys her things, and treats her like a queen. But that beauty lasts for a very short time and within a few years she will have to fall back on her smarts and personality which she never had to develop because she was just so dam beautiful!

Old 01-31-2014, 06:03 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,414,765 times
Being truly happy with work and life is the secret, every single time I picked up a book based solely on it's cover always sucked, lol. I knew woman over the years that we're pretty and beautiful when they were a younger age, as the years went by, they aged gracefully and today they are all still beautiful and pretty in their own way. They all have one thing in common. Their happy.

Beauty starts from the inside and shines when it smiles.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:42 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthYorkEd View Post
You were seriously surprised that it bothered him?
Yes, I was seriously surprised, at least to the degree that he was offended. Never expected such a response

Quote:
I don't understand why certain people think it is perfectly acceptable to make fun of a man losing his hair. To his face.
You've got to understand - this is a workplace that is very much like a men's locker room. We were almost all guys, and just about anything goes there. Of course I'd make fun of him to his face - I don't do things behind other people's backs. People make fun of me, I make fun of them. That's just how it goes.

Quote:
Of course he got upset, even if it was only lighthearted teasing. How would you feel if he cracked wise about how big your butt is? Or how wrinkly your face is? Or how saggy your breasts looked?
um......I'm a guy? Nobody notices my butt, and I don't have boobs or a wrinkly face.

Quote:
I'm guessing you would react exactly as you did when he snapped and turned the tables. His reaction might have been more intense than required, but was merely to let you know how rude it was to make fun of something that is beyond his control.
Look. He needs to grow a pair and take the ribbing like a man, not some vain little hothouse flower. So he's getting cloudy on top. Big freaking deal! That's what happens when you get old!

Quote:
Nobody likes their flaws called out. It's often assumed that men are less emotional and are less prone to vanity, but many feel very sensitive about losing their hair. It can be very upsetting and traumatizing when it starts to happen. The last thing they need is for someone to point it out, yet for some reason this is acceptable small-talk when meeting up with someone you haven't seen in a while. It's always been open-season on balding men for jokes and rude comments. You were probably that "one joke too many".
I'm losing my damn hair too. I knew it was going to be that way. So I cut it short, laugh at the jokes and move on. All the rest is just bullcrap.

Quote:
Trust me - all balding men know that they have less hair. And most are not happy about it. So just don't bring it up until you gauge his comfort and acceptance level. If not handled properly, it's right up there with laughing at his junk.
You have got to be kidding me.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:44 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,959,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

On another note, why do so many guys grow whiskers after a certain age? Does the facial hair become more heavy or coarse, and harder to shave, or something?
I'm guessing it has to do with not caring about being perfectly clean cut all the time as they get older.

Personally, I have more greys/whites in my beard/mustache area than on my head. So, if don't shave, I look even older due to having a grey/white beard, while I still have some dark hair on top (mixed with grey and white)

Old 01-31-2014, 11:12 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,510,437 times
There are many sensitive, gentle, caring and oh-so-observant responses in this thread. Good.

Here's my viewpoint, though I'm phrasing it rather crudely. I have been, and will continue to be, more interested in what's in a woman's heart and head than in what's between... After all, the second part is nothing more than standard equipment, right? ["Crude" switch turned off, apologies issued to all who had to read this...] I like to think that most women feel the same way about most men.

Now, to be quite clear, an attractive and stunningly-beautiful woman WILL ALWAYS get my immediate attention -- I'm a male, and I'm hard-wired that way. Whether she keeps it or not will depend on the "in the heart/head" factor. By the same token, a woman who does not immediately get my attention can easily "win the day" by demonstrating what's in her heart/head. The reverse -that I must also demonstrate this - is not only true but absolutely necessary.

Sex is just sex, and it only lasts for an hour or so at a time. The rest is "life" and it goes on for decades. I'd much rather have a life-partner who will also guard my back, and laugh with, and challenge, and support, and encourage me, than one who's only good for an hour's physical satisfaction...

And by the way, it is true: beauty IS in the eye of the beholder.

Just my $0.02

-- Nighteyes

Old 01-31-2014, 01:03 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,962,597 times
I remember talking to a lady I sat next to on an airplane who told me the worst part about aging was becoming invisible. She thanked me for talking to her during the flight because even her husband doesn't talk to her anymore.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:14 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
I remember talking to a lady I sat next to on an airplane who told me the worst part about aging was becoming invisible. She thanked me for talking to her during the flight because even her husband doesn't talk to her anymore.
That's terrible . She deserves a better guy who will look beyond her skin into the heart.

Old 01-31-2014, 02:18 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,681,555 times
Time makes wreckage of us all. Nobody dies of old age with their looks intact. I resigned myself to the fact that my stud muffin days ended 30 years ago, and my wife is the same age. We are just two decrepit old folks walking hand in hand into the sunset.

When I meet a new person my age, I will sometimes idly try to imagine what they looked like when they were 20 years old. Sometimes it's fairly easy, other times I have no clue. For friends I have known for 40 or 50 years, I can just rely on memory and maybe old photographs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty