Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 09:12 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,339,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Blue Sky View Post
I have one.

It is a 2" wide x 3" long rounded rectangle in between my shoulders with a 1/8" border. It contains my service number, blood type and surname. In all essence it's a dog-tag. It's written in black with the border filled in.

As to what I think of others that have or don't have tattoos I really don't have an opinion, it's their body, their choice. The majority of my acquaintances have them to varying degrees and I have to say I don't have any particular interest. I talk to them not the ink.
Perhaps tattoos are cultural or related to memes and FOO.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:00 PM

22,461 posts, read 11,986,290 times
Keloid and hypertrophic scars can be removed:

Scar Treatments: Types of Scars and Their Treatments

Old 02-06-2014, 06:35 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,622,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Keloid and hypertrophic scars can be removed:

Scar Treatments: Types of Scars and Their Treatments
Sometimes.

I have extensive keloid and hypertrophic scarring and have tried basically everything and seen multiple doctors about getting them softened or removed. NOTHING has helped (lasers, peels, surgery, steroids etc etc) and if anything the treatments have made them worse.

So no, they can't always be removed.

But hey, thanks for googling it and letting me know all of my personal experiences are null and void

Old 02-06-2014, 07:24 PM

366 posts, read 644,958 times
I see alot of blacks and whites with Mexican gang related tattoos. Or done in that fine line grey scale ink that Mexican gangs developed in prisons in California and Texas. Also alot of Japanese criminal tattoos with hidden meanings.

If you aren't Japanese or chicano and you get those styles I'd say your following trends.

Nearly everyone in my gym way up in Seattle has that style and rappers from all over America travel to LA to get done by in that style so yeah it seems like it is a trend. A trend developed by 2 criminal cultures inside of the Mexican and Japanese cultures.

Whats funny is that both Mexican and Japanese cultures as a whole despise tattoos and they are still seen as criminal.

Old 02-16-2014, 03:55 AM

416 posts, read 871,369 times
I have no issues with tattoo-less people. I'm happy with my ink, and I hope they're happy without ink.

That's all that really matters.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:36 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,668,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Just wondering what some of my fellow C-Ders who have tattoos think of those who don't have them.

Tell us all how many/what type of tattoos you have and whether you discriminate against people because they don't have tattoos.

I'll start:

I have 2 large tattoos. One is on my back (covers about 1/3 of it) and the other is on my right calf... covers one side of it.

I don't mind people who have no tattoos, and I don't make any judgments based on their lack of tattoos.

ETA: No personal attacks, please.
Interesting topic...I've never thought about this before. I have two med sized tattoos in places hidden mostly by my clothes. I don't give any thought to ones inked status unless the ink appears to be gang or prison related.
I couldn't even tell you which of my friends don't have tattoos because I've never asked.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:02 PM

30,895 posts, read 36,946,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
OMG I just wrote a novel. Sorry.
You write well and you write in paragraphs. Long posts are great as long as they are not in one giant paragraph that's hard to read. What you wrote was very sweet, and I'm not even into tattoos!

Old 10-22-2014, 08:44 AM

1 posts, read 939 times
Default Why smart people shouldn't have tattoos

Quite interesting as I was just reading this article named Why smart people shouldn't have tattoos.

I think the decision to get a tattoo is very permanent and final, however it is very personal. Whether somebody has a tiny one or a huge one, I believe nobody should judge another based on that. Even though they are over exposed with everybody on TV having one, I think the future of tattoos is still bright with many advances in the designs and modes of tattooing. So for the people who don't have tattoos, they are exercising their own free will, as long as they don't judge the people who have them.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:14 AM

20,369 posts, read 14,647,504 times
Pretending I rate people on a points system (which I made up, and to quote an old favorite TV show of mine, "Everything's made up and the points don't matter.")...

A person would not lose points for NOT having tattoos.

A person could lose points for having BAD tattoos.

A person could gain points bigtime for having GOOD tattoos.

I have a few...I would have a lot more if I could justify the expense, but I very rarely can. I find many tattoos beautiful, and I believe that they enhance the beauty of many of the people who have them.

I'm very pleased to say that in the last two places I've lived, I finally found cultures where one can work as a professional in an office, and having a tattoo that shows is not something that anyone will care about, assuming it's not offensive in subject matter. (Washington, Colorado.) Other places, including one of the most heavily tattooed cities in the US according to some (probably BS) "study"...Richmond, VA...still discriminate pretty heavily in professional settings against tattooed people.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:57 AM

917 posts, read 1,383,438 times
I have two tattoos.. one on each wrist.. & I am saving up for a full back piece..

But to each their own.. But I do like a guy who has tattoos...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty