Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 12:37 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times

Advertisements

Just wondering what some of my fellow C-Ders who have tattoos think of those who don't have them.

Tell us all how many/what type of tattoos you have and whether you discriminate against people because they don't have tattoos.

I'll start:

I have 2 large tattoos. One is on my back (covers about 1/3 of it) and the other is on my right calf... covers one side of it.

I don't mind people who have no tattoos, and I don't make any judgments based on their lack of tattoos.

ETA: No personal attacks, please.

Last edited by RedZin; 01-30-2014 at 02:32 PM..

Old 01-30-2014, 12:53 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
I'm amused when some of them talk about their being counterculture or "not a sheep" by not having ink. Other than that, I'm indifferent. I don't recall ever looking at someone and thinking, "She could really use a little picture of a frog right there on her wrist," but I don't look at people and mentally decorate them with earrings, scarves, or hats either.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:01 PM

16,903 posts, read 16,114,481 times
It's an invalid, trick question and against TOS to answer. I just learned that from another thread. No opinions on the "people" that have tattoos and what one feels they look like, because it's a part of that person. It also applies to hair coloration and boob jobs....so naturally it can also apply to natural features as well - fat, shape, etc..so there aren't any exceptions.

So, I'm not saying anything.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
It's an invalid, trick question and against TOS to answer. I just learned that from another thread. No opinions on the "people" that have tattoos and what one feels they look like, because it's a part of that person. It also applies to hair coloration and boob jobs....so naturally it can also apply to natural features as well - fat, shape, etc..so there aren't any exceptions.

So, I'm not saying anything.

Nah... you can answer. You just cannot bash the tattoo-less among us.

JustJulia did a fine job.

ETA: Did you not get what I said in that thread? It's not okay to bash people because they have tattoos.. it's not okay to bash them because they do NOT have tattoos. I would think that's fairly straightforward.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I'm amused when some of them talk about their being counterculture or "not a sheep" by not having ink. Other than that, I'm indifferent. I don't recall ever looking at someone and thinking, "She could really use a little picture of a frog right there on her wrist," but I don't look at people and mentally decorate them with earrings, scarves, or hats either.
Well... there was that time with the chick who had no tattoos and plenty of hickeys on her neck where I was thinking a nice scarf would've improved her appearance, but I do agree otherwise.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:17 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,343,435 times
I am a 40 year old female and I have a large lotus on my back along with some scroll work around it. I have one that goes all the way around my right leg about an inch and a half above the ankle. On my left arm I have a pretty large peacock with a few flowers surrounding it. The peacock and flowers are my favorite. It was drawn and redrawn to my liking and the colors are spectacular.

Towards the end of next year I will be marrying a man who has no tattoos. He doesn't care for tattoos. I have gotten two since I have been with him. When we met, I had two already. That doesn't add up, I know. The peacock is a cover up because the work that was done there wasn't great.

He is a straight-laced man with a job he has been at for over 15 years. He owns his own home and it is paid off.

The day I met him I saw something in him, in his eyes. I still see it, but it is more intense. I knew he would be the man I would love and marry, and I was right.

His family and I are very close, and his parents do not have tattoos. His two brothers do.

As far as my personal preference, I would date a man with tattoos, but I do not like tattoos on the hands, neck, or face. That is just me. If a person has them, that is fine. I don't think ill of them, I just do not like tattoos there.

I raised my children to see people. Not black people. Not white people. Not Asian people. We see people. I raised them not to be too quick to judge. We have no idea what a person has been through, what battles they have faced in their lives, whether they have lost or won.

I have sat down and talked with so many strangers, one might find it ridiculous. We are people, all of us. I have a story to tell. It is a story of hurt and pain, of loss and grief. It is a story of love and laughter and hugs and kisses.

So does everyone else, no matter what they look like. I remember that every time I walk out the door, and I hope my children go into adulthood doing the same thing.

What's my story today? Today I am in love with the most wonderful man in the world who treats me like a princess. His dinner is cooking on the stove right now. Homemade vegetable beef soup. I made a lot so I can bring a bunch of it to my elderly neighbors across the street. They are both 90 and have just celebrated their 69th wedding anniversary a few months ago. They have a story to tell and I love to sit down and hear it.

I lost both of my parents in my twenties to cancer. I took care of them both until the day they died. I lost my mother on Christmas Eve 2000 and when the holidays come, it is very difficult for me. For the last three Christmases I did not find myself crying. That is because I am happy in love and in life.

In 6 days marks the anniversary of my fathers death. It will be 19 years. He was my hero and my best friend. The day he died felt like the end of my world. I think my parents would be proud of the woman I have become. The mother I have become. Sometimes when I look at my son, he looks just like a picture I have of my dad when he was around 20. He was in the Army and in WWII.

Who am I to judge a person who doesn't have tattoos? I look at what is on the inside.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:19 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,343,435 times
OMG I just wrote a novel. Sorry.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:20 PM

That was lovely... repped.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
OMG I just wrote a novel. Sorry.
It was easy to read.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:22 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times
meh_whatever....

I could care less if you have a tattoo or not. My choice is to have a few tattoos which may not be your choice.
I don't have friends based on the number of tattoos their have or don't have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty