Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 09:01 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,485,479 times

Advertisements

OP, can you give us a break with these endless posts about your bewilderment concerning southern white women's lack of attraction for brown men? What is this, like the 20th one? Sheesh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 09:04 PM

127 posts, read 320,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
OP, can you give us a break with these endless posts about your bewilderment concerning southern white women's lack of attraction for brown men? What is this, like the 20th one? Sheesh!
not even the 5th, a lot of my threads do center around the importance of race in attractiveness but this is simply a thread that notes how attractiveness of an individual can go up based on something such as changing locations. but if you like I will stop posting race threads for a while now since they do provoke a lot of people.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:28 AM

375 posts, read 800,431 times
I've heard this but on a smaller scale. One of my good friends was from a farm family in Eastern nebraska not far from Omaha and Lincoln. While he wasn't ugly by any means he was just above average in the looks department in most places including our home town. Anyway his family also owned land and farmed out in North Central Nebraska about where the cornfields turn into ranch country. Anyway, out there he was seen as one of the hottest guys and he got along with the ladies out there really well. I think it helped that he wasn't some typical skinny cowboy (he was a football linebacker and was talented enough to play D2 football, which for a small school like ours was pretty good. So I think it does happen.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:09 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,323,083 times
For some odd reason, I've been finding boys from Virginia to be very attractive. And when they have that Virginian southern drawl - Oh, jeez!

Old 02-05-2014, 03:44 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Dont we see this all the time with weight?

I read all the time that "bigger women" have no problems in the south whereas everywhere else bigger girls would run into problems,esp LA and NYC.

Also,with the case of Nyc and other very diverse cities,different cultures have different standards of beauty,and you are bound to find somone who likes your looks vs being in a non diverse community.

Oddly enough,for me i get more attention in bigger cites than i do my home state of Nj.

Why is the OP obssessed with white women?
Why do you care what they find attractive?
This is weird.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:34 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Dont we see this all the time with weight?

I read all the time that "bigger women" have no problems in the south whereas everywhere else bigger girls would run into problems,esp LA and NYC.

Also,with the case of Nyc and other very diverse cities,different cultures have different standards of beauty,and you are bound to find somone who likes your looks vs being in a non diverse community.

Oddly enough,for me i get more attention in bigger cites than i do my home state of Nj.

Why is the OP obssessed with white women?
Why do you care what they find attractive?
This is weird.
100% right on......

Bring a husky Midwestern girl to NYC/LA and nobody would even look at her even if she was attractive in her hometown. Bring a solid 6 or 7 (1-10 scale, 10 being supermodel) to small town USA and she would be a 10 there! It isn't necessarily the zip code/location but rather it is the competition you are up against in that area!

Old 02-05-2014, 08:04 AM

993 posts, read 1,561,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
Agreed. As soon as I saw the thread title I was like, "oh jeez, not that guy again!"

OP, you answered your own question.

Attractiveness can't change, but how people perceive your attractiveness is different region-to-region and ethnicity-to-ethnicity. Hence why the first advice that posters always give people who come here to b*tch and moan about how ugly the locals think they are is to MOVE. Bigger metropolises are always going to give a person more options. Plus, the more prevalent a race is in an area, the more likely you'll see interracial dating. That's why it's not unusual to see asians date interracially on the west coast, blacks and latinos date interracially in the southern half of the US, and a whole slew of different interracial couplings in NYC.

Side note: you seem to be in love with the idea that white people in Seattle are the most open-minded people out of all the big cities in the whole US. As a young black woman who lived there for a bit, I don't agree. In fact, if we're just talking about white people who date outside their race (which seems to only ever be the point of your posts), the big cities of the mid-atlantic are much more open-minded in that way. And you complain about the South, but I've seen more white-black couples in Georgia and South Carolina than any other area in this country. Just because it's not "brown" men with white women doesn't mean it doesn't count.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:24 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Why is this thread in Fashion and Beauty when it has nothing to do with either?

Old 02-05-2014, 08:53 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
I have a friend who is a Brown male (I believe Bengali) that used to live in Louisiana where he said he felt that he was very limited in terms of his dating options. He isn't a bad looking guy at all, he is tall, muscular, and is considered attractive by most Brown people (hope its okay to call them that) I have talked to. He still had issues finding any success in Louisiana where he said there wasn't much diversity and most White women would not even think about dating anyone that looks foreign.

Around 8 months ago he moved to Seattle, WA where said his life took a completely different turn. He is in a relationship with a woman who is White and very attractive and claims that he has often been told he is attractive by people of different races and backgrounds. Says that he never felt that way once in Louisiana.

I find this interesting since we assume location means nothing.
I find his issue ironic considering that the governor of Louisiana is a "brown male." (Indian)

At least 30 percent of the population of Louisiana is "brown." In southern Louisiana, that percentage is much higher.

As far as racial mixing, Louisiana has a very high percentage of racially mixed people, compared to other states. So apparently plenty of people don't have an issue with interracial relationships there.

(By the way, I am from Louisiana. New Orleans to be precise.)

Old 02-05-2014, 09:25 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,952,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I find his issue ironic considering that the governor of Louisiana is a "brown male." (Indian)
Lol--that's the first thing I thought of when I read the OP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty