U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2014, 10:32 AM

3,310 posts, read 4,088,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
There really are some beautiful Asian men out there. And women.

My ex is Asian. My kids are half Asian. They are pretty kids.
Me ex is Asian too, and my kids are half Asian and beeautiful!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 07:27 AM

821 posts, read 1,012,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberphonics View Post

When a black teen mugs someone, no one cares why. He did it because he's black and blacks are criminals. If you so much as mention all of the negatives of his upbringing and his environment that contributed to this being the path he went down, people get upset and say it's no excuse because there are plenty of white people in the same situation and you don't see them walking around mugging anyone.
Let me ask you, if someone of ANY RACE mugged, physically harmed, or murdered one of YOUR loved ones--say YOUR kid who was beat up in school by three or more people of any race--are these excuses going to fly with you?

Old 02-08-2014, 07:33 AM

42,760 posts, read 48,731,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
why does it have to be about just white and black guys?

what about latinos, asians, indians, arabs, and other races? seems like most American women (especially white) want to pretend those races don't exist and tend to avoid them at all costs regardless of how westernized, well dressed, or hot the guy is.
Whaa ya talking about Willis?

Old 02-08-2014, 08:27 AM

34,820 posts, read 32,781,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
why do people keep thinking black and brown are the same thing? its frustrating

black = african american of any shade, it is a term used to describe race not a skin color

brown = term used to describe some middle eastern people and almost all indians and pakistanis, some darker latinos too
Are you just asking if American women will suddenly find Indian dudes to be universally hot?

I dated a Jordanian guy for about a year when I was in my twenties. I live in an area where a good many Indian people come to live for school and work.

I have personally seen more men who were Middle Eastern that I found attractive than Indian men that I found attractive. I've seen more white women with Middle Eastern men than white women with Indian men.

That's not to say that I have never seen an attractive Indian guy. I have. I think that many of the ones I see about here tend to be short, slight of build, and shy. None of these traits are things that white women tend (on average) to find attractive. Particularly all 3 in the same man.

There's my honest assessment. I think that making one's self taller or broader in the shoulders isn't really gonna work (though lifting weights might help a wee bit with the shoulders). Sooo... Personality, approach, manner of dress... These all can be worked on.

I have noticed that Indian men who grew up here in the US tend to manage better with non-Indian women than Indian men who grew up in India.

ETA: I see Indian women with white guys regularly. Soooo... It's not that people dislike dark eyes, dark skin, or dark hair. If they did, you'd never see white chicks dating black men, either. Or Hispanic men. Sooo... That eyes/skin/hair argument is flawed.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
So much of being attractive is attitude, grooming and how one carries themselves.
Yup.

That's why, despite the claims that white chicks don't like Chinese dudes, Bruce Lee snagged a white wife. Way before interracial dating was a thing.

LOL.

I dunno why people don't get this basic concept.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:04 AM

26,004 posts, read 28,403,467 times
Quote:
I have personally seen more men who were Middle Eastern that I found attractive than Indian men that I found attractive. I've seen more white women with Middle Eastern men than white women with Indian men.

That's not to say that I have never seen an attractive Indian guy. I have. I think that many of the ones I see about here tend to be short, slight of build, and shy. None of these traits are things that white women tend (on average) to find attractive. Particularly all 3 in the same man.

There's my honest assessment. I think that making one's self taller or broader in the shoulders isn't really gonna work (though lifting weights might help a wee bit with the shoulders). Sooo... Personality, approach, manner of dress... These all can be worked on.
Not to pile on, but I know a lot of the Indian guys I meet through work don't present themselves very well. Some have odd mustaches and haircuts, and they dress like dorky suburban dads (even if they're young.) Obviously that's just a small subset, but it's noticeable.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Not to pile on, but I know a lot of the Indian guys I meet through work don't present themselves very well. Some have odd mustaches and haircuts, and they dress like dorky suburban dads (even if they're young.) Obviously that's just a small subset, but it's noticeable.
Nah. I've observed similar. I really do think it's a socialization/presentation thing more than it's a looks thing.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:35 AM

845 posts, read 818,489 times
One of my co worker told me that she is not attracted to Asian guys... So it all depends on the person and majority will prefer white guys but there are exceptions where white females like asian guys. I knew this white woman in her 50s told me that she likes Asian guys and both her ex were Chinese(in the military) and she thinks Asian guys are smarter(intelectually) than white's.Her current BF was Indian guy (almost half her age...lol), she wanted to marry him, but he ended up marrying an Indian girl... So it all depends on people's personality...though the majority stick with white's since they share the same culture and get along well... Cultural difference is of course a big thing and you need to make lot of adjustments to fit in and move smoothly.. I am an Asian guy as well and I prefer asian cultured partner than western just because it would be lot easier for me to get along compared to adjusting with another culture.But I do have white friends as well and we have a good time but I wouldn't consider dating one though...As the saying goes.be yourself and don't try to be something you are not just to impress someone...Doesn't worth it in the long run..

Old 02-08-2014, 01:50 PM

127 posts, read 276,378 times
Quote:
Are you just asking if American women will suddenly find Indian dudes to be universally hot?

I dated a Jordanian guy for about a year when I was in my twenties. I live in an area where a good many Indian people come to live for school and work.

I have noticed that Indian men who grew up here in the US tend to manage better with non-Indian women than Indian men who grew up in India.

ETA: I see Indian women with white guys regularly. Soooo... It's not that people dislike dark eyes, dark skin, or dark hair. If they did, you'd never see white chicks dating black men, either. Or Hispanic men. Sooo... That eyes/skin/hair argument is flawed.
We are not talking Apu looking FOBs with funny accents. We are talking Indian as in Mohinder from Heroes (look him up) or someone like this:

If most White women are saying this guy is ugly then my point in the thread stands.

I do not often see Indian women with White men, most White men I know find them to be unattractive. Most Indian men I know date them because they cannot get any other race of women out there.

Old 02-08-2014, 01:54 PM

127 posts, read 276,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UghHarlemPark View Post
Actually, African American is an ethnic group not a race. There are African Caribbean Americans Black African Continental Americans, Afro Latinos, Black Asians, Pacific Islanders, mixed race Blacks... African American is a term we came up with in the 80s to be able to call ourselves something other than what European Americans had invented for us(or so the story goes)it's just used(hijacked) in the Federal census b/c the govt. won't allow people to simply self identify instead of having boxes already to check. I am an African American woman in my mid 20s and grew up being told Black was my race African American my ethnicity and American my nationality.

As for attractiveness...I prefer Black men and (dark skinned) Asian men, although white skinned Asian men are attractive(and I have dated one before). Black men who were born and raised in the Americas are what I typically go for(for cultural similarities). For me the lighter skinned a man the less likely I am to date him(if he is non Black).

Also, as some one stated previously, Africa is a diverse continent with diverse looks. The people there mixed long before the migration of Black Africans to the Americas, so the diversity in our facial features is not exclusively due to our time over here.

In regular non celebrity circles, people may tend to find each other attractive based on their own ideals.
my point stands

brown = indians, some latinos, and some middle eastern people

black = african americans

does not matter what shade your skin tone is, if you are african american, you are black. Brown is not used to refer to Black people. Why are you even debating this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty