Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 01:52 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,578,703 times

Advertisements

I may get flack for this but truth is as a white woman I've just only found white men attractive. I've also lived in diverse neighborhoods before as well, but that's just me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 02:04 PM

821 posts, read 1,100,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
I may get flack for this but truth is as a white woman I've just only found white men attractive. I've also lived in diverse neighborhoods before as well, but that's just me.
There are some people wired like this, myself for example. I live in the most diverse area in the USA literally, Queens, NY. I have also worked in places and towns in which I am one of about a dozen fair skinned people in sight. While I do recognize beautiful AND intelligent women of all races, I am only romantically and sexually attracted to white women, hence I have a white fiance. It's almost as if there is some type of psychological barrier at work.

Old 02-06-2014, 03:23 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,559,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
Not really, people value symmetry in facial features, and tend to rate them as being most attractive regardless of race.

I think few would rate as handsome these white males with facial asymmetry:

While most would say these Asian males with symmetrical features are attractive:

Hollywood will not knock down the doors of the handsome Asians because they are not marketable.
OH BABY if those Asians were in more movies, the money would be flowing from this household for sure!!! I LOVE Asians! In fact I have always said someday I will become the founder of the AAAAA. The Association for the Advancement of American Asian Actors.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:14 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
Thankfully some users on here brought up the obvious racial biases that persist in Hollywood but even then you have to notice that the younger generation of Hollywood actors is much whiter than the previous generations. In the 90s you had actors like Denzel Washington, Will Smith, and others emerging. Right now you have mainly ALL White guys. One would expect that as America is becoming more racially diverse that Hollywood would get the memo and start giving lead roles to minorities but it is not, in fact it is starting to stop minorities from getting those roles.

Now I will make a comparison of things in real life.

Say you have an attractive White male, he is perceived as attractive and can date attractive women FROM ANY RACE without having any issues. He can sleep with a beautiful blonde and then an attractive Asian woman the next week. He will be told he is hot by women of all races and people of all races.

Now compare him to his brown friend who can be a surgeon making half a million with good looks, doesn't matter, he won't be dating an attractive blonde his entire life.

Tell that to the attractive black doctor in my neighborhood here in NC who is married to a gorgeous blonde.

I think its pretty safe to never say never.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:15 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
OH BABY if those Asians were in more movies, the money would be flowing from this household for sure!!! I LOVE Asians! In fact I have always said someday I will become the founder of the AAAAA. The Association for the Advancement of American Asian Actors.
There really are some beautiful Asian men out there. And women.

My ex is Asian. My kids are half Asian. They are pretty kids.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:06 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,320 times
When people discuss blacks and levels of attractiveness (based on "European" traits), one must remember that it's difficult to judge how "black" someone is.

Don Cheadle is 19% European while Blair Underwood is 26% white according to DNA tests. Charles Barkley, with relatively fair skin for a black American is both whiter and blacker than Snoop Dogg (who is over 20% Native American).

A lot of features that we attribute to European admixture, may simply be representations of the broad range of diversity that exists within Africa.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:53 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
So much of being attractive is attitude, grooming and how one carries themselves.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:07 PM

366 posts, read 645,101 times
I'll bite. I went to a very mixed school the people voted most attractive year end year out where white girls and hispanic guys.

Let me just state it plainly. I believe and can prove hispanic men and women in general at the most attractive.

Take a look at interracial mixing stats. 170 million whites, 50 million hispanics. Yet hispanics account for nearly 70 percent of all mixing year end year out since 1980.

Why? Because by nature we tend to have universal appeal. White men fair well in the bone structure and height but there skin tone isn't considered manly.

Going by the stats this is unchallengeable true. In 2008 , 96 percent of all.white men had a child with a white spouse. 78 percent of white women had a child with a white male.

Again why and whom are these white women mixing with?

Dig deeper and its there. Nearly all white women who mixed out in America as a whole did so in Texas and.California. Again, they did so nearly80 percent of the time with hispanic males in those states.

Coupled with the fact that both texas and California are extremely segregated what is being said?

Here's my take...although fair skin is a bonus to a woman, it's a negative to a male.

With A hundred of millions of white people equally dispersed in every region of America the only time whites date out in numbers is where they have access to latinos.

Now mind you, these are cold hard facts, but they are also my personal experience.

The darker I get the more attention I receive from females. Since I'm very analytical i questioned why this was.

Subconsciously the human mind prefers feminent features in both men and women. Women prefer softer faces on men because it was protection against brute force males killing there child. The more feminent facial structure of a man sent signals to the women that this man was kind. Caring like a woman.

The darker tone for men signifies strength.why do you think women constantly speak on Italian men, southern French men, Spanish men and not Irish, brits, and polish white men?

It's inevitable the human pysche us the dictator of what genes are best for survival.

Just like a peacock preening, mother nature accentuates fertility by sending fat reserves to a womans breasts and hips, this gives her the appearance of being able to feed a child and birth a child.

Just my $.02

Old 02-06-2014, 09:38 PM

821 posts, read 1,100,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adanescobar View Post
I'll bite. I went to a very mixed school the people voted most attractive year end year out where white girls and hispanic guys.

Let me just state it plainly. I believe and can prove hispanic men and women in general at the most attractive.

Take a look at interracial mixing stats. 170 million whites, 50 million hispanics. Yet hispanics account for nearly 70 percent of all mixing year end year out since 1980.

Why? Because by nature we tend to have universal appeal. White men fair well in the bone structure and height but there skin tone isn't considered manly.

Going by the stats this is unchallengeable true. In 2008 , 96 percent of all.white men had a child with a white spouse. 78 percent of white women had a child with a white male.

Again why and whom are these white women mixing with?

Dig deeper and its there. Nearly all white women who mixed out in America as a whole did so in Texas and.California. Again, they did so nearly80 percent of the time with hispanic males in those states.

Coupled with the fact that both texas and California are extremely segregated what is being said?

Here's my take...although fair skin is a bonus to a woman, it's a negative to a male.

With A hundred of millions of white people equally dispersed in every region of America the only time whites date out in numbers is where they have access to latinos.

Now mind you, these are cold hard facts, but they are also my personal experience.

The darker I get the more attention I receive from females. Since I'm very analytical i questioned why this was.

Subconsciously the human mind prefers feminent features in both men and women. Women prefer softer faces on men because it was protection against brute force males killing there child. The more feminent facial structure of a man sent signals to the women that this man was kind. Caring like a woman.

The darker tone for men signifies strength.why do you think women constantly speak on Italian men, southern French men, Spanish men and not Irish, brits, and polish white men?

It's inevitable the human pysche us the dictator of what genes are best for survival.

Just like a peacock preening, mother nature accentuates fertility by sending fat reserves to a womans breasts and hips, this gives her the appearance of being able to feed a child and birth a child.

Just my $.02
Hysterical post!

Old 02-06-2014, 10:04 PM

366 posts, read 645,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
What planet is this?

But more importantly. No matter how many nerdy, awkward, serial killer, psychopath white males there are, no one is going to assume all white men are like that. The ones that are are exceptions.

Heaven forbid someone black does something bad. They represent the entire race! And the people that you are calling "heroic" or whatever...they are considered the exceptions.
Despite committing most strong arm robberies, and half of all murders?

Come on this isn't bias. Its facts. Whites are constantly labeled sexual deviant child molesters because they commit the most child molesting. I think the problem people have with blacks is that they don't call black people out on things like knock out game and killing half of everyone who was murdered in America despite being only 14 percent of the pop.

Whereas whites acknowledge and shun those child rapists in there midsts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty