Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2014, 02:02 PM

127 posts, read 320,185 times

Advertisements

I do find that for some reason White women just hate Indian men no matter how attractive they are. Now White European women might be a bit open minded but White American women, especially the young ones, hate Indian guys. It doesn't matter if the guy is a funny looking FOB with a weird mustache and poor style (who doesn't hate those kinds of men) or if he is someone who looks like Jay Sean or Mohinder from Heroes. Young attractive White American women dislike them because of the image attached to dating an Indian guy.

Now I have known Indian men that were attractive, westernized, and on their way to having a promising career. These guys were getting approached left and right by some high quality girls who were Asian, Indian, Black, latina, and mixed. The White girls that approached these guys were more foreign and European than American. American women who looked above average did not show any interest in these guys whatsoever.

I think that White American women are the only kind of women who will religiously hold a guy's race against him even if he is a good looking guy with a good future and not to mention great to be around. Unfortunately White American women also hold all of the cards in the game. As I have said, White American women determine what is attractive and what is not because they are the super majority. White American women who are the judges so if you aren't attractive to them, your dating pool is very small.

Even after all that I have nothing against any women but I do find it weird how most White American women would consider someone who looks like Larry the Cable Guy more attractive than someone who looks like this guy here.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 02:18 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,195,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
One of my friends joked saying how it is funny that we can have a Black president but the thought of a Black Superman on the big screen will drive America into a deep rage.

He had a point because I have noticed that White men have a monopoly on the looks market. Hollywood exclusively gives most of the desirable lead roles such as superhero, superspy, and most roles that we idealize to White males. Some rare exceptions exist (especially with black males) but the most desirable roles are White male dominated. Then you have fashion models who are almost always White males.

From my own observation, I see this play out in real life interactions. I went to a big high school that was very diverse, it had Latinos, Asians, Black people, and White people. Most of the times when it came to voting most attractive male, the winners were always White guys in my 4 years there. To be fair I did go to high school in North Carolina which is a southern state so the White bias is to be expected.

But I have seen differences in how society judges men by their looks. I have known White guys who are attractive that mostly know they are attractive because growing up throughout their lives they had society, women, and everyone telling them they are handsome. They were asked to model most of the times.

On the other hand my friends who are from other races and fairly attractive didn't have those same opportunities, especially being asked to model. The validation they received from society was much less.

Do you believe as time goes on race will start to matter less and American society will treat attractive people from all races how they would normally treat an attractive White person?
We do already IMO. I have heard people praise the attractiveness of people from all races where I live.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:44 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Most of my white friends like brown men......... Even the blond ones *rolls eyes*

Old 02-08-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Most of my white friends like brown men......... Even the blond ones *rolls eyes*
Hope that wasn't sarcasm because I haven't heard of that happening. Then again to be fair I haven't been to the Northwest and my Asian friend who struggled in Louisiana is doing well with White women in Seattle.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:06 PM

821 posts, read 1,100,197 times
Quote:
I do find that for some reason White women just hate Indian men no matter how attractive they are. Now White European women might be a bit open minded but White American women, especially the young ones, hate Indian guys. It doesn't matter if the guy is a funny looking FOB with a weird mustache and poor style (who doesn't hate those kinds of men) or if he is someone who looks like Jay Sean or Mohinder from Heroes. Young attractive White American women dislike them because of the image attached to dating an Indian guy.

Now I have known Indian men that were attractive, westernized, and on their way to having a promising career. These guys were getting approached left and right by some high quality girls who were Asian, Indian, Black, latina, and mixed. The White girls that approached these guys were more foreign and European than American. American women who looked above average did not show any interest in these guys whatsoever.

I think that White American women are the only kind of women who will religiously hold a guy's race against him even if he is a good looking guy with a good future and not to mention great to be around. Unfortunately White American women also hold all of the cards in the game. As I have said, White American women determine what is attractive and what is not because they are the super majority. White American women who are the judges so if you aren't attractive to them, your dating pool is very small.

Even after all that I have nothing against any women but I do find it weird how most White American women would consider someone who looks like Larry the Cable Guy more attractive than someone who looks like this guy here.
Then perhaps Indian men should stick to Indian American women. How's that?

Old 02-08-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebrator View Post
Then perhaps Indian men should stick to Indian American women. How's that?
Ya sure lets everyone stick to their own kind, interracial relationships are bad. Lets tell all Indian men to stick to the Indian women that are less than 1 percent of the population and not even bother with interracial dating. That is a brilliant idea. Who needs interracial dating, the smart decision would be to tell everyone to stay with their own kind.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:29 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Ya sure lets everyone stick to their own kind, interracial relationships are bad. Lets tell all Indian men to stick to the Indian women that are less than 1 percent of the population and not even bother with interracial dating. That is a brilliant idea. Who needs interracial dating, the smart decision would be to tell everyone to stay with their own kind.
I made a mistake by NOT staying with my own kind.

It was a hard lesson to learn.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:56 PM

821 posts, read 1,100,197 times
Quote:
It might be a good idea for those who have a grievance with white women--or white people in general--who generally speaking should have a right to stick to their own kind if they please, let alone develop attraction to others which is impossible to create.

If a white woman finds you attractive, fine, go for her.

Or, if Indian men need Indian women where they are in large numbers, they can move to or stay in India considering finding a mate is very important (being completely serious here). It is just that white people have to listen to the most unscathing criticism by people who moved to their lands, which comes across as incongruent. After all, if one has a problem with a group that is either numerous or dominant in some area of the Earth, why move where they are? If one has a grievance with Blacks say, it would be disadvantageous for him or her to move to Africa; or with Asians, Asia; or with Jews, Israel; and so on?

Serious post here; not trying to be combative.

Old 02-08-2014, 05:29 PM

Good point and well understood but you have to understand that a White man can go anywhere in the world and have a chance with the local women, often a better chance than he would have back home. On the other hand, a man who is good looking and say Indian does not have that privilege. Due to Western media spreading worldwide, women have a tendency to like White men and even prefer them over their own men, this happens in Asia all the time. Now it never works the other way around.

In western media, there is active effort put in to keep minorities down and portray them in a negative way. Asian men as effeminate, Brown men as foreign and creepy, etc.

Now in a country as diverse as America (almost 40 percent non-White), I think there should be some effort to portray different minority groups in a positive light and give them better roles.

Then it all comes back to how it affects men who are minorities. Women in the west are often image focused. If she dates a Frenchman then her friends praise her and she is seen in a nice light because the French are romantic. Now say if that same woman dates an Indian doctor, her friends will belittle her and insult her for dating an Indian male even if he is handsome.

Old 02-08-2014, 05:59 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Good point and well understood but you have to understand that a White man can go anywhere in the world and have a chance with the local women, often a better chance than he would have back home. On the other hand, a man who is good looking and say Indian does not have that privilege. Due to Western media spreading worldwide, women have a tendency to like White men and even prefer them over their own men, this happens in Asia all the time. Now it never works the other way around.

In western media, there is active effort put in to keep minorities down and portray them in a negative way. Asian men as effeminate, Brown men as foreign and creepy, etc.

Now in a country as diverse as America (almost 40 percent non-White), I think there should be some effort to portray different minority groups in a positive light and give them better roles.

Then it all comes back to how it affects men who are minorities. Women in the west are often image focused. If she dates a Frenchman then her friends praise her and she is seen in a nice light because the French are romantic. Now say if that same woman dates an Indian doctor, her friends will belittle her and insult her for dating an Indian male even if he is handsome.
My X is from Honduras.

He told me the men in Honduras HATED the "greengos" that come there.

The US Army was there building schools.

The men felt all the females want to get with the soldiers.

BTW....I was NOT belittled by my friends.....or, anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty