Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2014, 04:40 PM

14 posts, read 25,299 times

Advertisements

I want to save the talk about how Black women view other races of men for maybe another thread but I do want to ask all of you in here, do you notice what the OP is talking about?

Do you notice women giving attractive white men significantly better treatment than say an attractive asian or attractive mixed race or attractive latin male?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 05:14 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianoluizo22 View Post
I want to save the talk about how Black women view other races of men for maybe another thread but I do want to ask all of you in here, do you notice what the OP is talking about?

Do you notice women giving attractive white men significantly better treatment than say an attractive asian or attractive mixed race or attractive latin male?
Honestly no I don't notice it. And when it does happen I've always assumed that it was less about race and more about who these women are more attracted too of the men that are in front of them. If the woman happens to be more attracted to the white man than to the attractive Asian or Latino male, it doesn't mind anyone's attractiveness or necessarily indicates that she is focusing on the race of the men. To me it just means that she found the white man more attractive or he was more of her type than the other men.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:25 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
Quote:
I am sorry you have to go through that as a Black woman but I have just noticed some of the posters who happen to be Black women just oppose the idea of a male from any minority group dating a White female. Look at how so many have said repeatedly that White women hate Asian men and complained about men preferring White women. I don't believe it is right to judge any person based on ethnicity alone and most stereotypes that apply personality traits to an ethnic group are false and wrong anyways.

Friends in your circle might not care about who is dating who but from my own experience there are some younger Black women who hate it when a man from a minority group (not just black men) goes after a White woman, states his preference for white women, or dates a White woman. I also said this isn't just exclusive to Black women either, society in general doesn't like the idea of a latino or asian male dating a White female that happens to be attractive.

I am just bothered by everyone being so judgmental of guys who prefer white women but if a white guy was to state his preference for black girls, latin, or asian girls no one would even care.
Thanks, but I am not going through anything actually. I've been happily married for the past 10+ years. I just was giving you a perspective as to why some women would act in such a manner. People can prefer whoever they want..heck someone can prefer an alien. There will always be at least one person who appreciates your particular attractiveness. I agree that being judgmental period stinks.

Quote:

No, not really. Speaking for myself, I've dated both White and non-White guys and didn't treat the White guys any better than the others. I've also found, courtesy of dating, that being a douchebag knows no race

Old 02-13-2014, 07:55 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Honestly no I don't notice it. And when it does happen I've always assumed that it was less about race and more about who these women are more attracted too of the men that are in front of them. If the woman happens to be more attracted to the white man than to the attractive Asian or Latino male, it doesn't mind anyone's attractiveness or necessarily indicates that she is focusing on the race of the men. To me it just means that she found the white man more attractive or he was more of her type than the other men.
What do you think about the data linked from post #9?

Old 02-13-2014, 08:27 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
What do you think about the data linked from post #9?
Honestly LMAO? I laughed when I saw it. Apparently black men and black women don't tend to fare well OLD, while Asian women, and white men tend to be the most sought out. I was surprised to see that most races of men are interested in asian women(because I was sure this would be something that went to white women), but that was the biggest surprise.

And honestly when I thought about it, it didn't seem that far out. I had an ex(a Black Rican man) who had a thing for asian women, he thought they had the most beautiful faces he didn't like there bodies(or I guess the bodies he had seen on asian women) but he thought they had beautiful faces. For some reason a lot of black men think that I'm mixed and often comment that I look like I'm not all black, and that I look part Asian because of my eyes(which is not true to me). So I've always thought that maybe black men find Asian woman(facially) attractive but it just isn't expressed openly. Then again, we are referring to OLD and I find that certain groups of people tend to gravitate toward it. It could mean that the men that gravitate toward it, happen to be men that for whatever reason find certain qualities about Asian women attractive more so than the other races on OLD.

I already knew there are a large amount of white men that like Asian women so that wasn't surprising to see that it played out on OLD as well. And I've seen a lot of Asian women/Latino men couples a lot as of late, so that didn't surprise me much either. That being said I don't do OLD, and no one I associate with does it either. We are all young(under 30). In addition the men that I've dated have not used OLD either. So the results don't really matter to me--it seems like the men I date don't use it, and since the men I date are the men I want and am attracted to, it would see that OLD would not be a good avenue for me to use anyway. *shrugs*.

In terms of how this relates to the OP, honestly I have no idea. Asian men were not ranked the lowest--black men were. So, on that regard he doesn't have to feel too bad lol. I think the OP just needs to accept that not every woman that he wants to date will want to date him or find him attractive and that sometimes it less about race and more about a person having a set of preferences that he doesn't meet. I won't say that his race doesn't impact his dating options, because apparently he feels like it does.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:37 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,554,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordan1988 View Post
Just read that Joy is a black female. I have noticed that some black women tend to be bothered by interracial dating especially if it involves a man that isn't white with a woman that is White. Never got it as an Asian male why I should be obligated to date a Black female just because we are both minorities. I have personally been called out and questioned just by Black American women alone about dating White girls and saying that I prefer them. All of these women were young and seemed to want to get in my head about the whole White girls not being right for relationships thing. It is needless to say almost all were angered when my preferences weren't changed. One woman even started to shout at the girl I was dating and called both me and her a few nasty names right to our face.

Now most Black women I have run into have been great to hang out with and weren't bothered by me preferring White women but there is always a subset that did and I would say Joy falls into that subset.

My friends who were Black that saw me face some of the issues I did with that one woman in particular told me it has to do with the fact that your average black female is just not preferred by men of any ethnic group including black men. This results some like joy to be frustrated.

My sister-in-law is Asian. My brother is Black. I have set up some of my Asian female friends with some of my Black male friends. If you think I care who Asian men date, you are wrong. None of my Black or White female friends care for Asian men period. Bravo that you have found White women who are into Asian men. Maybe they can begin telling their friends so Asian males can finally stop whining about not being able to attract White women. Good try at that last little dig. lol. All the Black women I am around are doing just fine attracting men of various ethnic groups, especially Black men. We live in a very global and interconnected world. Interracial and intercultural relationships and marriages are a way of life. That is exactly how it should be.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:53 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Huh? I don't know any black women that care what Asian men are doing at all...
And yet, I know several AM/BW AND AM/WW married couples with children. (shrug) The OP needs to stop spending so much time whining and use his time more constructively by actually approaching the types of women whom he is attracted.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:55 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordan1988 View Post
This is also a load of bogus. People want the best mate possible. The truth is same race dating is common because of numbers and access. Your average White female has probably been around more White men her whole life than Black men. Then you bring in things like money and status and White males have more of it than other races of men in America. This does not mean a guy who is a minority that is of high status cannot marry a White female, I see it all the time and I intend to marry the woman (white) I am in a relationship with now. All these theories are pure crap.

The truth about attraction is that it is so random and just happens. A girl could say she only likes White guys and one day a Godfrey Gao looking fellow comes along who knows how to talk to women and she is hooked. I have dated a few White girls who told me that they were not open to dating minorities themselves but that didn't stop me.
I don't think it's pure crap.

And I say this as someone who had kids with a Chinese guy. My ex-husband is Chinese. I am white.

It's a general statement. It's not a rule. People tend to get married and reproduce with people of their same ethnic group more often than not.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
In the US, white women--in particular, slender, big-boobed, blue-eyed blondes--are pressed all around by society as the epitome of beauty, the standard...and women of other types of beauty frequently display annoyance with men who have blindly bought off on it.

Especially when a man doesn't appreciate the beauty of his own mother. Having a broad appreciation of different kinds of beauty is one thing, but when one's appreciation doesn't include the type of beauty his own mother represents, that's suggestive of a problem.
I'm blue eyed and white (I even have big boobs!) and I agree with you.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
And I don't care about the noise and the world, especially angry women on this thread telling me and other men that they can't get the kind of hot girls they want. What I have found is that a lot of people, man or woman, and of any race out there will desperately try to stop you from being happy in life and being in a relationship with the kind of people you are attracted to and like. Once you realize that and start to shut off the noise and focus on being the kind of person who can attract what he wants then you can ignore some of the noise successfully. The angry women on this thread telling me repeatedly that hot girls hate my kind are not going to stop me from pursuing the kind of girls I want, neither will the sexually frustrated men that just want to see others fail.

Now it has somewhat bothered me that if you have guys who are attractive of different ethnic groups, no matter where you go in America, the White male who is attractive will always be treated better, with more respect, and with more attention than attractive men of any race. I find it unfair and what is scary is that it happens more with the younger crowd. A Channing Tatum lookalike can act like a douche and have girls call him hot while a Godfrey Gao or Arjun Rampal lookalike will never be treated half as well by society.

I am not just talking about what hot white girls think, I am talking about how American society treats attractive White males exponentially better than males of other races.
Let me lay it down for you.

Nobody cares who you date except you and any female who is either dating you or would like to date you.

And maybe your mother. Maybe.

Nobody else cares at all.

If you can get a super hot sorority chick with blue eyes, blonde hair, and a hot body to sleep with you regularly? Good for you.

If you cannot? That's your fault. It's not that something is wrong with rich white girls. It's that YOU have not managed to present them with something they're willing to buy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty