Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2014, 04:23 PM

60 posts, read 132,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
And yet, we are in this here thread talking about how many Asian men (specifically, Indian ones) want a rich white girl more than anything in the world. LOL.
It's not that the OP wants a white girl, because he happens to be naturally attracted to them. In actuality, he's obsessed with whiteness because he believes it will validate his self worth and improve his "standing." In his mind, the concept of "whiteness" represents everything great.

Anyhow, I seriously doubt that most Asian men (especially Indians) are interested in marrying white women, although I'm sure there are many who want to sleep with one. Indian men tend to be very much grounded in their cultural beliefs, so they typically want women with similar family backgrounds, culture, religion and moral values.

Quote:

Let me guess... you are an Indian female? Because you seem to be taking this personally. I am not... maybe if I was a white girl who had to spend a lot on anti-aging stuff, I would be, but I look just as young as any Indian woman around here that's my age. Note: we have a TON of Indian women around here, so I know quite a few.
I am not Indian. Also, I didn't state that you had to spend any money on anti-aging cream. I just pointed out that darker shades tend to age more gracefully. If anything, it seems as though you are a bit upset by my statement, because you keep harping on the aging issue and I'm not sure why.

There are always exceptions, and obviously a number of white women do age gracefully.

Last edited by Lena2345; 02-15-2014 at 04:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 04:42 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena2345 View Post
It's not that the OP wants a white girl, because he happens to be naturally attracted to them. In actuality, he's obsessed with whiteness because he believes it will validate his self worth and improve his "standing." In his mind, the concept of "whiteness" represents everything great.

Anyhow, I seriously doubt that most Asian men (especially Indians) are interested in marrying white women, although I'm sure there are many who want to sleep with one. Indian men tend to be very much grounded in their cultural beliefs, so they typically want women with similar family backgrounds, culture, religion and moral values.

I am not Indian. Also, I didn't state that you had to spend any money on anti-aging cream, I just pointed out that darker shades tend to age more gracefully. If anything, it seems like you are bit upset by my statement, because you keep harping on the aging issue and I'm not sure why.

There are always exceptions, and obviously a number of white women who do age gracefully.
Well, yeah... I know why he wants one. I don't really get it, and yet, I sort of do. People often want what they think symbolizes something "great."

There are black men who have acted similarly in the past (and still do), no?

As a woman who tends to be pretty open minded, I know I'd hate to think a man who isn't white was dating me because I was white. I would date a man because I liked him, regardless of race/ethnicity.

Sorry... your name threw me. I know a good many women named Lena who are Indian.

Anyway... no... I don't care for the continual assertion that white women have some universal flaw that makes them age poorly. It's kind of silly. As I said before, if you have something that looks young and nobody wants it, why does it matter if it looks young? Conversely... if you can get it even if others look a bit younger than you, which would you pick?

I dunno. I think that women, in general, should be nicer to one another. It's not our fault if men sometimes seem like they've lost their minds.

I agree. Most Indian men will marry Indian women... unless most of their peers have been another nationality, and they're not 1st generation or what have you. My ex (Chinese) and his siblings have all married and/or settled down with white people, but that's ALL they grew up with in the NE when they moved to this country as little kids.

Soo... they married their peers. His mom told me when she met me that she figured all her kids would marry white partners because the town where they grew up had nothing but white kids in it except one black family... the black kids also dated white, because... who else was there? I mean... maybe one of the Asian kids... but, you get my point. One family of each in that little town.

I have dated black men, too. But, usually the ones that few black women would date back in my early 20s... not many black women were keen on the guy I dated who had long hair and didn't listen to ANY rap whatsoever... whose brother was in a metal band. I bet now they would, but things were different in the early 90s.

Old 02-15-2014, 07:15 PM

60 posts, read 132,645 times
Quote:
Well, yeah... I know why he wants one. I don't really get it, and yet, I sort of do. People often want what they think symbolizes something "great."

There are black men who have acted similarly in the past (and still do), no?
Yes, there are some black guys who behave in this fashion, but at the end of the day, each person has the right to date whomever they wish. I will however state that very few black men that I know are married to non black women. I do see interracial dating from time to time, but in all honesty, it pales in comparison to seeing same race couples together. Perhaps that explains why people pay such close attention to IR dating? Maybe it's so novel that people tend to focus on the few IR pairings out there. Seriously, one would think based on their encounters online that many people are in IR relationships, but the latest census numbers do not substantiate this claim.

Also, although it seems as though (online) non white guys are always desperately craving the attention of white women, the actual data shows that white men are more likely than any other group to be involved in an interracial relationship or marriage with Chinese, Korean, Filipina, and Thai women. Black people overall, have the lowest participation in interracial relationships/marriages in the U.S.

Quote:
As a woman who tends to be pretty open minded, I know I'd hate to think a man who isn't white was dating me because I was white. I would date a man because I liked him, regardless of race/ethnicity.
I do not believe this is the case for most, but there's certainly a few out there who date people for all of the wrong reasons. Typically, one can spot these type of people by their comments. If the person is constantly speaking about your skin tone, race specific features or hair texture, chances are, he's more in love with the idea of dating your "whiteness," "blackness," or "Asianness" and not YOU as an individual.

Quote:

Anyway... no... I don't care for the continual assertion that white women have some universal flaw that makes them age poorly. It's kind of silly. As I said before, if you have something that looks young and nobody wants it, why does it matter if it looks young? Conversely... if you can get it even if others look a bit younger than you, which would you pick?
I'm trying to understand your point? Can you explain what you meant by, "if you have something that looks young and nobody wants it, why does it matter if it looks young?"

BTW, I don't think you should take offense to the aging issue. Every group has its positives and negatives. White women may be put on a pedestal by many races, but the truth is, there is nothing magical or special about the average white woman, or any other race for that matter. It's all about the unique individual and what they bring to the table. Some white women are very pretty, while others are not attractive at all. Again, the same is true for every racial group.

Quote:
I dunno. I think that women, in general, should be nicer to one another. It's not our fault if men sometimes seem like they've lost their minds.
I was reading the earlier comments and quite honestly I don't even think the OP is real (perhaps that's why he decided to cancel his city data membership). His statements seemed very bizarre and I have to question if he was truly typing from his home or a mental institution. His obsession level is through the roof. It's kind of interesting reading psycho comments from the safety of your home, but not so funny if he's really this crazy in real life.

Even if he was able to get the type of white woman that he desires, it probably wouldn't end well, because usually it's not the woman that they truly desire, but the idea of gaining an imagined "improved" status.

I can't help but to think of Tiger and OJ. Both married their ideal women, but sadly this just wasn't enough to keep either sane.

Quote:
I agree. Most Indian men will marry Indian women... unless most of their peers have been another nationality, and they're not 1st generation or what have you. My ex (Chinese) and his siblings have all married and/or settled down with white people, but that's ALL they grew up with in the NE when they moved to this country as little kids.
Chinese and Indians are very different with respect to their identities. Chinese Americans tend to be more open to assimilating and mixing, primarily with whites, while American born Indians tend to hold on more closely to their Indian culture, values and religious ties. The idea of marrying a sorority white girl is just not a serious consideration, because a number of them are tied to honoring their families. I however imagine that 3rd or 4th generation Indian Americans are drastically different and less likely to follow their cultural traditions, but I could be wrong.

Quote:
I have dated black men, too. But, usually the ones that few black women would date back in my early 20s... not many black women were keen on the guy I dated who had long hair and didn't listen to ANY rap whatsoever... whose brother was in a metal band. I bet now they would, but things were different in the early 90s.
Black people are not monolithic. Some listen exclusively to classic music, while others listen to rap, rock, pop, indie, jazz, heavy metal, blues, or some other musical form that I failed to include.

Last edited by Lena2345; 02-15-2014 at 07:24 PM..

Old 02-15-2014, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena2345 View Post
Yes, there are some black guys who behave in this fashion, but at the end of the day, each person has the right to date whomever they wish. I will however state that very few black men that I know are married to non black women. I do see interracial dating from time to time, but in all honesty, it pales in comparison to seeing same race couples together. Perhaps that explains why people pay such close attention to IR dating? Maybe it's so novel that people tend to focus on the few IR pairings out there. Seriously, one would think based on their encounters online that many people are in IR relationships, but the latest census numbers do not substantiate this claim.

Also, although it seems as though (online) non white guys are always desperately craving the attention of white women, the actual data shows that white men are more likely than any other group to be involved in an interracial relationship or marriage with Chinese, Korean, Filipina, and Thai women. Black people overall, have the lowest participation in interracial relationships/marriages in the U.S.

I do not believe this is the case for most, but there's certainly a few out there who date people for all of the wrong reasons. Typically, one can spot these type of people by their comments. If the person is constantly speaking about your skin tone, race specific features or hair texture, chances are, he's more in love with the idea of dating your "whiteness," "blackness," or "Asianness" and not YOU as an individual.

I'm trying to understand your point? Can you explain what you meant by, "if you have something that looks young and nobody wants it, why does it matter if it looks young?"

BTW, I don't think you should take offense to the aging issue. Every group has its positives and negatives. White women may be put on a pedestal by many races, but the truth is, there is nothing magical or special about the average white woman, or any other race for that matter. It's all about the unique individual and what they bring to the table. Some white women are very pretty, while others are not attractive at all. Again, the same is true for every racial group.

I was reading the earlier comments and quite honestly I don't even think the OP is real (perhaps that's why he decided to cancel his city data membership). His statements seemed very bizarre and I have to question if he was truly typing from his home or a mental institution. His obsession level is through the roof. It's kind of interesting reading psycho comments from the safety of your home, but not so funny if he's really this crazy in real life.

Even if he was able to get the type of white woman that he desires, it probably wouldn't end well, because usually it's not the woman that they truly desire, but the idea of gaining an imagined "improved" status.

I can't help but to think of Tiger and OJ. Both married their ideal women, but sadly this just wasn't enough to keep either sane.

Chinese and Indians are very different with respect to their identities. Chinese Americans tend to be more open to assimilating and mixing, primarily with whites, while American born Indians tend to hold on more closely to their Indian culture, values and religious ties. The idea of marrying a sorority white girl is just not a serious consideration, because a number of them are tied to honoring their families. I however imagine that 3rd or 4th generation Indian Americans are drastically different and less likely to follow their cultural traditions, but I could be wrong.

Black people are not monolithic. Some listen exclusively to classic music, while others listen to rap, rock, pop, indie, jazz, heavy metal, blues, or some other musical form that I failed to include.
Oh, I know. But, in 1989, the guy I was dating (and his brother) couldn't find black girlfriends. Probably a regional thing, but they were into music and art that (at the time around here) just attracted more white people, I suppose. Both could've done fine in a larger city, I suspect. I was friends with him for quite awhile before I dated him. You know, people fall into social circles in college and such.

You are right about the Tiger/OJ analogy. Tiger seems to be coming out of it better than OJ, which is good for him and his family. I always feel for the kids.

Was talking to my husband earlier about the Indian men he's known. I know far more Indian women than men who have married outside their ethnic group. I wonder why?

Old 02-15-2014, 08:30 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,338,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
Black people are a minority (even smaller than hispanics), so it's perfectly legitimate for the public to prefer to see a white superman. It has nothing to do with racism. As time goes by, people will continue to be attracted to whatever they they are attracted to. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As if changing times are going to make physical features more attractive.
Riiight. Blacks are a minority group, so we deserve to be underrepresented in the mainstream media...until we go off and make our own outlets (BET) and are accused of racism because of it.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Riiight. Blacks are a minority group, so we deserve to be underrepresented in the mainstream media...until we go off and make our own outlets (BET) and are accused of racism because of it.
On what planet are black people a minority, anyway?

Old 02-15-2014, 08:51 PM

Quote:
On what planet are black people a minority, anyway?
Planet America. Lol.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebrator View Post
There are some people wired like this, myself for example. I live in the most diverse area in the USA literally, Queens, NY. I have also worked in places and towns in which I am one of about a dozen fair skinned people in sight. While I do recognize beautiful AND intelligent women of all races, I am only romantically and sexually attracted to white women, hence I have a white fiance. It's almost as if there is some type of psychological barrier at work.
One that I've never understood, as I'm attracted to and have no problem receiving attention from women of all races. I have an overwhelming preference for women of African descent, but they're not the only ones that will get my attention.

I'm not suggesting you're racist or anything like that, but I have always wondered about the reasons behind some people only being into their own race while others are more...all-purpose, so to speak.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:07 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Oh, I know. But, in 1989, the guy I was dating (and his brother) couldn't find black girlfriends. Probably a regional thing, but they were into music and art that (at the time around here) just attracted more white people, I suppose. Both could've done fine in a larger city, I suspect. I was friends with him for quite awhile before I dated him. You know, people fall into social circles in college and such.

You are right about the Tiger/OJ analogy. Tiger seems to be coming out of it better than OJ, which is good for him and his family. I always feel for the kids.

Was talking to my husband earlier about the Indian men he's known. I know far more Indian women than men who have married outside their ethnic group. I wonder why?

That's the LIE/LINE that black guys who prefer white girls use to pursue white girls....just saying.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
That's the LIE/LINE that black guys who prefer white girls use to pursue white girls....just saying.
Maybe it is now.

I knew him well for over a year before I dated him. He was slender, not very tall, dressed like a goth. Was roommates with friends of mine a couple years before I met him.

I knew ONE black girl who ran in our circles who might have dated him previously. But, she only went out with him a couple of times.

I don't know how to describe it so it'll make sense, but I got hit on by black men all the way through high school. I was hardly naive.

He wound up married to a white woman. Actress. Theatre.

It's funny. He did think my friend, Maria, was pretty. Maria was black.

She didn't date black men. Or goths. Those were strange times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty