Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 05:31 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Seriously who geoes out in below freezing temps BAREFOOT with no coat on?! That's just stupid!
Seriously, who wears a coat when the high is 52 F in December. I call that outright wimpy .

Cav Scout, we are all used to different things. 30 F with mostly cloudy skies is such a relief in NJ right now after experiencing 5 days with subzero lows in January, Blizzard, constant snowstorms, and an Ice storm . We are due for another round of sub zero lows tomorrow.

Anyways to the original poster with due respect, Here is an image of myself wearing Mens 16.5 34-35 Dress shirt to a job fair in Newark. Does this shirt qualify as plus sized:

//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...207-145304.jpg

Please dont bash me for insecurity here. My primary point here is to show the original poster how larger shirts actually fit on hefty guys.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 02-10-2014 at 06:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 05:44 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Seriously, who wears a coat when the high is 52 F in December. I call that outright wimpy .

Cav Scout, we are all used to different things. 30 F with mostly cloudy skies is such a relief in NJ right now after experiencing 5 days with subzero lows in January, Blizzard, constant snowstorms, and an Ice storm . We are due for another round of sub zero lows tomorrow.
LOL! No, wearing no footwear and no coat in 52 degree weather is what I call stupid.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:56 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,543,160 times
I wear large to x large clothes, so I know what it feels like wanting to be smaller. I have dieted off and on since I was in my 20's. (in my 50's now). Dieting sucks, but I'd rather tough it out and not eat the foods I love all the time, than become obese. I want to look good not only for myself, but for my husband. I don't/won't ever accept obesity for myself.

When I'm not dieting, I LOVE eating what I want, but I hate the results.
When I'm dieting, I HATE eating just "healthy, non-fattening foods, but I love the results.

With how I feel looking in the mirror when I'm at my largest, I feel very sorry for people who are obese. It must be very disheartening and depressing.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:19 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,658,747 times
Adi from the Brunswicks, my problem with you is that you are yourself chubby, but in other threads frequently describe women comparable to yourself as "disgusting." Everyone is allowed their preferences, but get some perspective.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
Adi from the Brunswicks, my problem with you is that you are yourself chubby, but in other threads frequently describe women comparable to yourself as "disgusting." Everyone is allowed their preferences, but get some perspective.
Well, FYI I am not satisfied with my current body shape. I would LOVE to have an athletic build, and am in the process of working towards it. I do not hesitate to mention that my own body shape at current is absolutely disgusting. It NEEDS a lot of change. Hoping to sport an athletic build by the time I reach my late 20's.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:33 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times
Perhaps taking it to back to Model Mayhem would be more appropriate instead of all the different forums here, Mr. Singh?

Old 02-10-2014, 06:43 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
Well, FYI I am not satisfied with my current body shape. I would LOVE to have an athletic build, and am in the process of working towards it. I do not hesitate to mention that my own body shape at current is absolutely disgusting. It NEEDS a lot of change. Hoping to sport an athletic build by the time I reach my late 20's.
But being "not satisfied" with your own body is not license to be a jerk toward other overweight people. That's a character flaw I hope you grow out of because if/when you meet your goals maybe you will be more inclined to help another overweight person through your own example rather than falling on shaming them. If you're bad about it now you'll probably be worse later unless you get your perspective right.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
But being "not satisfied" with your own body is not license to be a jerk toward other overweight people. That's a character flaw I hope you grow out of because if/when you meet your goals maybe you will be more inclined to help another overweight person through your own example rather than falling on shaming them. If you're bad about it now you'll probably be worse later unless you get your perspective right.
Yes, I will help others with the same issue and tell them how to transform their build later on, but I need to go through the process first. My inspiration for this came from others I know who transformed from fat to fit. I want to do the same, and am surely willing to help others after experiencing the results. Not that I want to shame them, but being contended with ones body shape as OK is the first barrier a person needs to break to transform. That's the point I want to make. Its a process called temporary shielding that I follow.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 02-10-2014 at 07:05 AM..

Old 02-10-2014, 07:03 AM

706 posts, read 1,179,991 times
Not attracted to fat men at all....never have been, never will be. Fat rolls are pretty disgusting on anyone.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:07 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
Yes, I will help others with the same issue and tell them how to transform their build later on, but I need to go through the process first. My inspiration for this came from others who transformed from fat to fit. I want to do the same, and am surely willing to help others after experiencing the results. Not that I want to shame them, but being contended with ones body shape as OK is the first barrier a person needs to break to transform. That's the point I want to make.
But you don't do that by calling a woman "disgusting." Do you have any idea what that can do to someone? Have you ever studied domestic abuse? One thing that is a common element in domestic abuse is the abuser exerts power over the victim by shaming her with a sense of worthlessness. And this is true not just of overweight abuse victims too. It underscores the damange that mental and emotional abuse can do. A woman will remain in a relationship with an abusive man because he has convinced her she is worthless.

I think fat shaming has similar ramifications, even if the intend is different. If you tell a woman she's fat and disgusting, and society generally condones that message, she may eventually believe it and develop a low sense of self worth. Then what? It takes a lot of effort to change lifestyle habits and lose weight. Is someone with a low sense of self worth equipped to do that?

Doubtful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty