Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 06:51 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,068,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post

I think the backwards hat thing is fine...looks really good on some people.
Especially if they are a douche!

(or if you mistakenly thought they were reasonably together until they showed up wearing their hat backwards....or is the hat is going the right way but the head is on backwards?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 06:52 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,861,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzer21 View Post
So speaks a man from the land of cowboy hats. lol
And what's wrong with a cowboy hat????

Old 02-17-2014, 07:06 PM

37,586 posts, read 45,944,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoMan View Post
Only in the mind of shallow people who judge by appearances.
Only a fool thinks that people don't judge others by appearances.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:24 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
But-- what bugs me more than a guy wearing the hat backwards is WOMEN THAT PULL THEIR HAIR THRU THE OPENING IN THE BACK OF THE HAT !
Why does that bug you? I do it all the time, lol! It helps keep my hair outta my way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunStorm View Post
Other caps or brimmed hats perhaps. A "Godfather hat" yes. Or this hat too:

But I really don't wear hats. I need to invest in a few good ones though. I do have a couple ball caps.
I love a paperboy style cap, I have 2 myself, and they are awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
And what's wrong with a cowboy hat????
Nuthin!

Old 02-17-2014, 08:16 PM

23,508 posts, read 23,980,674 times
It reads (if the other attire is in alignment) - "I am from the ghetto".

Old 02-17-2014, 09:56 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,191,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
I wonder if guys know that a baseball cap worn backwards says "I am a douche" to the world.
I will never and have never worn it backwards. Unfortunately, chances of changing this are slim now that some celebrities are doing it, too. This is not on a top ten list of issues to be concerned with, but I certainly agree with you about the message it sends!

Old 02-17-2014, 11:09 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,765,855 times
You mean like this guy? http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_cw3nwHF2m1...010e16ac_r.jpg

Oh, and here he is, doing it again! http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_cw3nwHF2m1...95dab3aa78.jpg And no: that's not morphed. Those really are his pecs. The underwear shots you'll find on the Web are not embellished, either.

And actually, I have hired him (as a personal trainer- and he's one of the best), while he was in the gym, probably with his baseball hat backward. Not sure what a "douche" is, but I rather doubt he is one. He's a fitness model, and has worked with a lot of the big name photographers.

Come to think of it, I've hired guys off the gym floor for actual corporate positions, and a backward baseball cap would not have deterred me. (Hint: watching a guy on the gym floor can tell you a lot about him. Cap etiquette is irrelevant to me: but some zhlub who throws weights on the floor and doesn't clean up after himself has a snowball's chance in Hell, of getting hired by someone like me.).

Old 02-17-2014, 11:30 PM

90 posts, read 94,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
I wore mine forwards for many years until I tried it backwards for some reason. Lo and behold it was MUCH more comfortable that way! No more hard edge of the bill pressing against my forehead.

Hmmm, maybe that's part of the reason some people wear them that way? Or is it just because we're douches...
Hats are to be worn outdoors to avoid sun beam. Take a shower and you won't have to cover your sloppy hair.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:39 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,967,450 times
I wear my cap backwards often. I have longer hair and use my cap to cover it up when I'm lazy.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:45 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,613,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
It's just a random observation regarding fashion, which is a superficial topic to begin with. It doesn't apply to kids, just grown men.

No, nobody wearing a backwards cap has made fun of me or hurt me. Not that I would care if they did.

Nor do I expect that they care what my opinion is.

People have opinions about the way others present themselves. Pajamas at the grocery store, crocs, bare midriffs, yoga pants, acid-wash stirrup jeans, etc. That's one of the reasons for this forum, right?

I apologize if someone's feelings were hurt by my personal opinion.

Don Rickles never got hassled like this, jeez.

your not Don Rickles.

PS: I hated Don Rickles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty