Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 10:22 AM

2,756 posts, read 4,410,209 times

Advertisements

pimp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 12:28 PM

24,097 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
The leather is already there from all the steaks and hamburgers. Tons and tons of it. Beats throwing it out. What would be the point? The same number of animals would still be be slaughtered.
Critters are killed JUST for their fur. There's the difference.

That's how I feel. Fur is so unnecessary, and cruel.

Most people today associate fur with people who have "something to prove".

Conspicuous consumption. And as weltsshmeez said, these animals are killed only for their fur,
Anally electrocuted and skinned alive. And for what?

Evan long time vegetarian Paul McCartney agrees that the leather is only going to be disposed of.

Fur is in a category of it's own when it comes to cruelty, and I submit; so are it's wearers.

Old 02-19-2014, 01:02 PM

182 posts, read 94,331 times
I second sfcambridge - pimp lol

Old 02-19-2014, 01:22 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
I would think it was weird.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:18 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Fur is not just a byproduct in the meat industry. How come you guys discuss 5 pages of fur without mentioning animal abuse once? Do you not read or watch any news?

Skinned alive
http://features.peta.org/ChineseFurFarms/
[LEFT]When undercover investigators made their way onto Chinese fur farms, they found that many animals are still alive and struggling desperately when workers flip them onto their backs or hang them up by their legs or tails to skin them. When workers on these farms begin to cut the skin and fur from an animal's leg, the free limbs kick and writhe. Workers stomp on the necks and heads of animals who struggle too hard to allow a clean cut.

[LEFT]When the fur is finally peeled off over the animals' heads, their naked, bloody bodies are thrown onto a pile of those who have gone before them. Some are still alive, breathing in ragged gasps and blinking slowly. Some of the animals' hearts are still beating five to 10 minutes after they are skinned. One investigator recorded a skinned raccoon dog on the heap of carcasses who had enough strength to lift his bloodied head and stare into the camera.
Before they are skinned alive, animals are pulled from their cages and thrown to the ground; workers bludgeon them with metal rods or slam them on hard surfaces, causing broken bones and convulsions but not always immediate death. Animals watch helplessly as workers make their way down the row.

Read more: A Shocking Look Inside Chinese Fur Farms | PETA.org
[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

Old 02-19-2014, 02:34 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Disgusting.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:36 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
More money than brains.

Old 02-19-2014, 03:33 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
just google it, there is LOTS and LOTS of articles about the horrible treatment of the animals, just for this piece of fur around your neck and shoulders.

There is a reason why PETA is so vehement against the whole fur wearing and there is lots of celebrities supporting this cause with public statements and calenders, etc.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:13 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
just google it, there is LOTS and LOTS of articles about the horrible treatment of the animals, just for this piece of fur around your neck and shoulders.

There is a reason why PETA is so vehement against the whole fur wearing and there is lots of celebrities supporting this cause with public statements and calenders, etc.

I would have a fur coat if I lived in an Artic region. I'd probably know the guy that trapped the animals and skinned them, too.

Here, I'd take a vintage coat... no need to ruin what was already created. Thing is, where I live, it's just not cold enough to wear one.

I'm not keen on buying a new one because I do agree that the animals are treated poorly and it's a rather scary industry.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:18 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
That he's more concerned with showing off his money than he is with animal cruelty. It would be an immediate turn off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty