Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 12:28 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,594,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydlee View Post
How would I be able to see a guy's abs at a gas station? Do you all pump gas while shirtless? ;-)
You wouldn't. The muscled, glistening, 6-pack ab man pumping away is only a figment of OP's fevered imagination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 01:22 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,759,090 times
I think it depends if the woman is gay or straight.

I think gay women who do find some men attractive, in the sense of really nice to look at to the point of distraction, hone in on physique.. like no fat asses or man-boobs, and a nice haircut, strong arms and tight legs, and no baggy pants to cover up the er..goods. But that's just me.

I think straight women might desire a nice bulge.. in the rear pocket where the wallet is!

OK NOW I'M GONNA GET IT!
Lookout below ..INCOMING!

Old 02-22-2014, 02:00 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,340,165 times
i tend to get attracted to height first (i'm short so i tend to prefer tall men), but if they're morbidly overweight, i tend to discount them as it tends to mean they have a lot of health issues to deal with. on the flip side, i dont like skinny and overly buff men either. skinny men make me look too overweight (thereby needing to lose more weight myself) and buff men make me feel like they spend too much time getting fit.

Old 02-22-2014, 04:39 PM

16,233 posts, read 27,281,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post
From a purely physical perspective...
Lets say you see a man at the gas station filling his car.

What attracts you more-face(eyes,smile,hair) or physique(biceps, triceps, abs).

I have asked a similar question before(check my history) because my sister and one of her friends shocked me when they said THEY COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT THE MUSCLE CONTENT.

I work out thrice a week and I see, honestly, women clawing over a man with six peck abs and tans. I see it.
Be honest. I am not asking you to answer for all womenhood.
How much do muscle turn you on? Like Stallone and Arnie muscles. Pure protein.
Like Brad Pitt in Troy. Will you faint? Will you just take them home?

From a PURELY PHYSICAL PERSPECTIVE.
100% face over body - bodies can and do change, but if he's a butter face no amount of working out is going to fix that. If you think about it, how much time are you going to spend looking at their face compared to their muscles? The eyes have it - if his eyes can hold your attention everything else is just secondary. Actually, smile is secondary, everything else is tertiary.

Old 02-22-2014, 04:47 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,250,111 times
Quote:

I have asked a similar question before(check my history) because my sister and one of her friends shocked me when they said THEY COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT THE MUSCLE CONTENT.

I work out thrice a week and I see, honestly, women clawing over a man with six peck abs and tans. I see it.

I tend to scan the entire package (body and face). In general, yes, Brad Pitt in Troy does it for me; and he must be taller than I.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:21 PM

615 posts, read 1,671,417 times
Quote:

A buff body may pique a woman's interest (eye candy), but it will NOT keep their interest on a physical aspect alone. However, the whole package is admired if they have an amazing physique. Kudos to those who are dedicated to living a clean and natural form of fitness!

Who in their right mind will take a total stranger home for a romp? SMH

Old 02-22-2014, 07:21 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,193,207 times
Be healthy, in decent shape and dress nicely. I nearly ran off the road when I spotted a trucker climb out of his truck with blue jeans and a white long sleeve dress shirt. Smile nicely, be secure about who you are and you're a winner!

Old 02-22-2014, 07:28 PM

993 posts, read 1,552,930 times
Face.

I like a range of physiques, so that's not a top priority. If his face isn't attractive, though, I'm not interested at all.

Old 02-23-2014, 02:37 PM

277 posts, read 504,275 times
Since he's at the gas station filling his car the first thing will be body type. I like my man tall and lean/slender and then beauty of his face.

1. Hygiene
2. Body type
3. Intelligence
4. Facial Beauty

Old 02-23-2014, 06:55 PM

957 posts, read 1,055,943 times
A lot of women say they're not interested in how muscular guys look, but I definitely noticed more attention from women after I started working out. People I've known all my life actually complimented me on it. I wasn't even in bad shape before, I was just tall and lanky. I looked rail thin but I've always been pretty strong. I've been in sports my entire life, just never had much bodyfat…

I workout because I love it and need to stay in shape for the sports I enjoy. It does seem to have a side affect of attracting women though!

As a former skinny guy, Men & Women both don't seem to respect you as much if you're scrawny. I used to be 6'0 140 lbs, now I'm up 190-200 at a lower BF%. People definitely treat me differently now when I meet them. People at work don't blow me off, etc..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty