Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 07:00 AM

120 posts, read 212,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
Wrong? no.
Trailer-trashy? yeah
This sums it up nicely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 07:58 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwell View Post
PJs are bedclothes for God's sake. I don't think undershirts are appropriate out in public either. Get dressed!
Well, that's exactly it.

While I agree with the other poster who said they're no worse than sweats or other sloppy-looking attire, my major concern is hygiene. The whole point of wearing bedclothes to bed instead of day clothes (besides comfort) is to prevent germs and bacteria we come into contact with throughout the day from ending up in our beds.

We wash our clothes after 1 or 2 wears (hopefully!), but most of us keep our bed sheets on for at least a week before washing them. So, people who wear pajamas in public are bringing all that bacteria into their beds and then sleeping in it for at least a week!

Yuck! (well, unless they change out of pajamas they wear in public to put on pajamas they wear to bed .)

Old 02-26-2014, 08:26 AM

836 posts, read 1,662,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
In most hotels at breakfast people "have" just rolled out of bed so I don't see the issue with this.
Some people just don't want to get up and get dressed before breakfast.
I usually go to the breakfast area and get coffee and a couple pieces of fruit and a hot tea for my husband in my jammies.
Then when he gets up and we get showered and dressed we will go down and actually sit and have breakfast.
One BIG reason i don't do hotel breakfasts is not wanting to be around strangers in their nastiest, overnight post-coital funk.
If I didn't sleep with you I NEVER want to see you like this

Old 02-26-2014, 08:35 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_marto View Post
really couldn't give less of a **** about this... it's so inconsequential and people don't owe it to "society" to dress a certain way. Frankly I think anyone who this so-called "issue" matters to is a little bit broken/culturally brainwashed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV84 View Post
Thanks!

Thought I alone here. Never realized so many people got bent by such petty things. Lots of pretentious people ITT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
Amen!!!

Some people seem to have too little going on in their lives to spend so much time whining about what other people are wearing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_marto View Post
Right on. It's like, how have people been convinced to give a damn about this? If you're sneering at someone because you deem them to be wearing the wrong type of cloth then something has gone wrong in your development. Can you get any more narrow-minded than this?
Then call me shallow, narrow-minded, culturally brainwashed and too little going on in life. When I see someone in PJ's in public, whether it's at the store, or a hotel, or wherever, I always think, "lazy and stupid." How much effort is it to put on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt? Zero. If you can't be bothered to do that, what else is too much effort for you?

Last edited by Marlow; 02-26-2014 at 08:47 AM..

Old 02-26-2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriouskelly View Post
One BIG reason i don't do hotel breakfasts is not wanting to be around strangers in their nastiest, overnight post-coital funk.
If I didn't sleep with you I NEVER want to see you like this
Can't say I've ever thought of it like that.

But I will never again enjoy my waffle-and-fake-maple-syrup continental breakfast at Budget Hotel quite the same way again.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:29 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
I wouldn't think of it in terms of right or wrong; however, its 20 degrees where I am, so I would think someone out and about in pj's is not that bright.

I haven't actually seen this so I'm guessing its not a trend around here.

Usually people dressing to follow silly trends just look silly.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:46 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
13 pages on this topic? Really? As long as I'm not getting eyefuls of nipple flashes, unsightly rolls 'neath too-tight clothing or ass-crack revelations, I can honestly say that I don't care what anyone around me is wearing, except possibly on those occasions when I see young girls dressed like they're trolling for pedophiles. In which case, my outrage is limited to wanting to slap their parents.

And extra germs? Um, I'm not rubbing up against strangers, and I really don't assume any surface is anything but completely filthy when I'm outside my home. So that's a moot point.

It honestly has never occurred to me to care about the "pajamas trend" - I thought this was one of those throwaway threads that would die a quick death when I saw it. Why don't we all take a deep breath, sit back and consider the things that really matter in life besides judging random strangers over their fashion choices? Yikes.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:56 PM

20 posts, read 54,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Why don't we all take a deep breath, sit back and consider the things that really matter in life besides judging random strangers over their fashion choices? Yikes.
...and judging what people discuss on an anonymous internet forum is a FAR better use of one's time

Old 02-26-2014, 01:03 PM

192 posts, read 257,995 times
That's been a typical collegiate fashion trend for decades. It's fine in morning college cafeteria and coffee shop when it's done right on a bunch of co-eds, or running out to the store to grab something. It's the wearing them as cloths all the time. The bare sandals and flip flops on dirty ugly feet are what I can't stand. Could you at least throw on a pair of dockers or something to cover those hideous flappers?

Old 02-26-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
13 pages on this topic? Really? As long as I'm not getting eyefuls of nipple flashes, unsightly rolls 'neath too-tight clothing or ass-crack revelations, I can honestly say that I don't care what anyone around me is wearing, except possibly on those occasions when I see young girls dressed like they're trolling for pedophiles. In which case, my outrage is limited to wanting to slap their parents.

And extra germs? Um, I'm not rubbing up against strangers, and I really don't assume any surface is anything but completely filthy when I'm outside my home. So that's a moot point.

It honestly has never occurred to me to care about the "pajamas trend" - I thought this was one of those throwaway threads that would die a quick death when I saw it. Why don't we all take a deep breath, sit back and consider the things that really matter in life besides judging random strangers over their fashion choices? Yikes.

Well, ya know, it's not an issue I've ever lost sleep over or anything. Despite my participating in such a vacuous thread, I think I have a surprisingly good grasp of what really matters in life.

However, I do feel sufficiently chastised now.

Thank you, Jrz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty