Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 10:42 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I sleep in a t-shirt. Is it okay to wear t-shirts in public?
of course, less is more when it comes to womens clothes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 12:55 PM

1,548 posts, read 913,188 times
I hate being up in my own house and not being dressed. Once I'm up the clothes come on.

Old 02-23-2014, 01:49 PM

120 posts, read 212,677 times
I agree. I see people who wear pjs in supermarkets and at hotels (during breakfast). It looks like they just rolled out of bed. How difficult is it to put your jeans on? It would take 20 seconds.

Old 02-23-2014, 01:52 PM

120 posts, read 212,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
People actually DO THAT ????? Wow. That wouldn't work for me, I sleep in the nude.

Don
Don, you bad boy, have you joined a nudist colony?

Old 02-23-2014, 02:30 PM

2,511 posts, read 2,817,730 times
Some cute 20-something girls in their PJ's? Doesn't bother me a bit. . .

Old 02-23-2014, 03:05 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,149,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You haven't experienced anything until you are in Office Depot and some guy in his 40's is standing in front of you wearing

Red Plaid Pajama Bottoms that had Little Black Scottish Terrier type dogs on them.

I literally had to walk to the very back of the store into the Ladies room so I could laugh out loud.
OK, I can top your story. I was visiting an art gallery in a trendy neighborhood and a black man, probably in his 30s, was wearing a skimpy muscle shirt and oversized flannel PJ type pants with a back ground of blue sky with clouds and large cartoon-type faces of white men on them. My description is no way does justice to how absolutely shocking his pants looked. I could not even believe that they would make fabric that looked that bizarre. And to see it on PJ pants on a grown man was totally disorienting.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:05 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
Girls today....
Oh please. I see lots of older women do it too. I just don't see why it's necessary to start threads over the subject? It does kind of make me want to rebel by doing it more though so as to create more threads

Old 02-23-2014, 03:27 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,816,871 times
Was this in a college town? I think at some colleges it becomes "cool" to attend morning classes in PJs, and they easily could've decided it was fine to also hit their supermarket while wearing PJs. Lame, but they'll grow out of it when they leave school and it's not cool to show up at work in your PJs.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:04 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2four View Post
I think its pretty common...I dont really have an issue with it, if its at night time, and you are going to get some milk, bread, eggs or something for breakfast the next morning...if you are doing full grocery shopping or shopping for electronics, then its pretty tacky.

what I hate the most though, is when see an adult who is fully dressed and has a couple of kids with them who are in their pajama's....at one clock in the afternoon, or anytime of day/night....thats pretty tacky right there.
I'm not following. It's not tacky if you're buying milk and eggs, but it IS tacky if you're buying meat and potatoes?
In any case, I've never seen people outside in their pyjamas.
The only way I'd wear my night clothes outside is if my cat makes a break for it when I open the door to get the mail. If I go back in to dress, he'd be in the next province by the time I venture out.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:16 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,884,676 times
I think it's become normal for girls in their [early] 20s to be doing that. Just like college life.

As someone who's home everyday I go out in sweatpants for quickie runs (not often). Can't deny it's just laziness. If it weren't so dang cold out I'd also be wearing sandals all year. Who can be bothered with socks?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty