Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2014, 02:16 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times

Advertisements

Some of these are hysterical! How do people function with nails like that?

When Manicures Go Wrong: Hood Nail Designs You Shouldn't Try « MadameNoire MadameNoire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 04:19 PM

255 posts, read 407,258 times
Some of them do look really neat, but I have to wonder how they get through their days. I tried getting my nails done once with acrylics for Halloween and it was a bad idea for my job. I work in a factory, and so my nails break easily. I had those on, and it felt like my entire nail was going to rip off. It hurt a lot. I don't know what was going through my mind when I thought it was a good idea, but I regretted it. I ended up cutting them down really low. I'm not a fan of acrylics anyway, they are a ***** to get off.

Once and a while I treat myself to a real manicure and pedicure at a spa when I am on vacation but most of the time I just paint them myself at home. A pointless task considering that they chip a lot because of my job, but I love painting my nails.

Old 02-25-2014, 04:34 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley868 View Post
Some of them do look really neat, but I have to wonder how they get through their days. I tried getting my nails done once with acrylics for Halloween and it was a bad idea for my job. I work in a factory, and so my nails break easily. I had those on, and it felt like my entire nail was going to rip off. It hurt a lot. I don't know what was going through my mind when I thought it was a good idea, but I regretted it. I ended up cutting them down really low. I'm not a fan of acrylics anyway, they are a ***** to get off.

Once and a while I treat myself to a real manicure and pedicure at a spa when I am on vacation but most of the time I just paint them myself at home. A pointless task considering that they chip a lot because of my job, but I love painting my nails.
I work in a hospital. Nails like in the OP would harbour a lot of bacteria and other nasty germs. Maybe the folks who have them don't work. I can't imagine any job where it would be realistic or appropriate.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:39 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,144 times
There's some really cool nail art out there, but these designs are so extreme, they're an eyesore. They'd be impractical for anything other than entries in a nail art competition. A simple trip to the bathroom must be a nightmare!

I just about gagged when I saw the long toenails. They reminded me of an episode of My Strange Addiction, where the lady was addicted to growing her fingernails and toenails super-long. Some of these people have an entirely different of "sexy and sassy" than I do.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:30 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,608,438 times
I'm starting seeds indoors. Even with gloves, those nails would be a nightmare!

Old 02-26-2014, 03:02 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,743,861 times
Umm.. sorry if this is disgusting... but how on earth would you wipe after going to the bathroom with some of those nails???

Old 02-26-2014, 11:15 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,627,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Some of these are hysterical! How do people function with nails like that?

When Manicures Go Wrong: Hood Nail Designs You Shouldn't Try « MadameNoire MadameNoire
Numbers 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 14, and 15 were submissions in a nail art comp. I've seen them before in Pro magazines I get.

They are only on long enough to judge then remove, usually. And in some cases an all-day affair at a trade show booth or something along those lines.

Some of the better nail designers make them "detachable", ie design a regular sized/shaped nail and these fantasy comp nail just kinda slide on in over top the "normal" nail for judging.

But I don't know about the harpy claws, either the hands OR feet! I had a WTF moment, lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty