Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 02:20 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post
Has anyone done this procedure or know someone who has? I'm seriously considering it as I'm allergic to most makeup brands on the market. I also hate the feeling of something on my face. Believe me, I've tried many products to overcome that.

Any info would be appreciated on this subject!
NO makeup is healthier and looks better, unless you're going to the circus...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 02:43 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,504,796 times
I'm really not trying to be testy with anyone, but it's such an iffy subject. I just hate not being able to wear anything at the moment.

Tough decision on what to do

Old 03-03-2014, 02:56 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,272,887 times
BTW, LASIK shouldn't have had any impact on your sensitivity to makeup, unless they never healed. If there's a problem, definitely discuss that with your eye doctor.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
BTW, LASIK shouldn't have had any impact on your sensitivity to makeup, unless they never healed. If there's a problem, definitely discuss that with your eye doctor.
I had EPI-K LASIK done, which is done on people with a high Rx. Since so much tissue was removed, my eyes are really dry and I rub them constantly.

I can't win with the makeup issue apparently lol.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:08 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,660,494 times
When you were tested for allergies, what substance in makeup did you test positive for?

Old 03-03-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
When you were tested for allergies, what substance in makeup did you test positive for?
I've never been tested but I always break out bad after wearing makeup. So to me, I thought that would be allergies. This is after wearing both creams and powders.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:33 PM

You break out with eyeliner?

Old 03-03-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
You break out with eyeliner?
No. But I just said I rub my eyes constantly. That would look attractive.

I'm looking for people who have information on getting this done or know someone who has. You already stated what you knew now I'm waiting for others to possibly chime in.

Thanks for the help.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:42 PM

Then that is NOT an allergy!

You really should stop rubbing the eyes (before you get corneal abrasions) and get drops for your dryness. Dry eye is a very common result of LASIK and there are remedies for it.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:48 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
I just checked to see if there was a picture of you, OP, but I did not see one. I don't wear make-up and I don't think I really need it. I am 40 and I like not worrying about make-up.

I will say that my aunt had her eyebrows done because they were very scarce. She had them done several years ago and then had more work done on them last year. She is 69 and they looks very natural.

I just don't think I would put any permanent make-up on, myself.

Make-up styles change and we change also, as we get older.

When I was 17, I wore makeup. I stopped that year and have not looked back. I also know what you mean about having the feeling of something on your face, and also hands on the face. I bought some bb cream and it felt like there was a ton of stuff on there!

One thing I will say, is make sure to take care of your skin and use a moisturizer with an spf in it, even during these younger years.

I understood the comment about going into a nursing home and how I took it was also how I commented. We will not wear our makeup the same at ninety as we will at twenty-five.

If you do decide to do it, good luck. Do your research and make sure to find a very reputable artist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty