Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 05:57 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,763,632 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't wear any of those brands, too old ladyish! JMHO YMMV. Except Stuart Weitzman, Princess Catherine has a pair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2014, 06:25 AM

484 posts, read 761,282 times
I am a big fan of Cole Haan Air Tali Wedges. They are adorable and comfortable at the same time.

Old 03-07-2014, 07:12 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
I wouldn't wear any of those brands, too old ladyish! JMHO YMMV. Except Stuart Weitzman, Princess Catherine has a pair.
I thought the same thing... Some of the brands mentioned don't look too good IMHO. I have a few Cole Haan pumps/wedge sandals that are attractive and comfortable, but I just looked at their web site and their recent line unfortunately is less attractive (e.g. lower heel, boring blah styling) so maybe they are moving more into the "old lady comfort" arena. I'm not too sure about this line now.

I love, love Stuart Weitzman shoes - that is my favorite line. They are attractive and comfortable. They have so many styles to choose from. Their flats/loafers are extremely comfortable, but their heels/sandals feel great also. They also hold up very well - very durable. I have a pair of flats that I've worn for years and they look brand new. Probably why this line is pricier than the others mentioned.

All Shoes: Shoes | Stuart Weitzman

Oh, I just thought of another brand that is relatively stylish and comfortable, and not too old ladyish - Tory Burch

http://www.toryburch.com/shoes/sandals/

I think I need to go spring shoe shopping now.

Last edited by GoCUBS1; 03-07-2014 at 07:22 AM..

Old 03-07-2014, 08:35 AM

632 posts, read 1,844,681 times
My 2 winter pair of Børn boots are more comfy than my athletic shoes. I'll need to find something for warmer weather soon, though, for the plantar faciitis that developed last year. Won't be able to use my orthotic with sandals, so it'll be even more critical to find good shoes. I'll certainly be trying some of the mentioned brands.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:24 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
These are two of my aresoles, I don't think they are old ladyish, I have many others, but these I already had on picture file. I have a couple of born as and several Clark and other brands that were mentioned and just picked up a few of skechers which turned out to be suprisingly more comfortable for me due to my plantar fasciitis and dropped arch. I have to be very careful, most of these brands make the condition feel worse. For summer, I like a lot of the New Balance and Skechers sandles, but you must be careful on the construction. on any of these shoes for me I'm finding most of my Clarks not that forgiving to my condition of late, I have to put inserts for them and all most of the others.

I would say most of the shoes everyone has mentioned you will find some nice styles and great comfort, but if you have any serious foot, back, knee conditions, you will have to take in more considerations to the construction of the shoe's build or they will esaserbate present issues. If you are just looking for a good walking, going out shoe in general don't have medical concerns you can't go wrong with the mentioned brands.
Attached Thumbnails
Most comfortable (and attractive) shoe brand (women)?-100_0206.jpg   Most comfortable (and attractive) shoe brand (women)?-100_0207.jpg  

Old 03-08-2014, 08:44 AM

571 posts, read 1,201,074 times
Thank you, thank you for all these suggestions! Some of these are really great and look amazingly comfortable.

I walk around ALOT - nothing kills an outing like uncomfortable shoes!

Old 03-08-2014, 04:38 PM

615 posts, read 1,676,267 times
IMO; there are many elements into finding what is comfy for us. For example, another poster mentioned the Stuart Weitzman. While he has some beautiful shoes, I purchased a pair and I could only wear them once. They were beautiful, but painful as heck when I wore. I couldn't even break them in. They broke me in. ahaha!!

So it depends on the designer and one's feet. I love fashionable shoes, but truth be told I purchased a pair of high-heel oxfords by Clarks. They are one of my comfy/favs to wear. Go figure!!

Another of my favs are by Kate Spade, Marc Jacobs, Vince Camuto and Cole Haan.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:56 AM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
Reading this was fun.

I got the impression Stuart weitzman is the go, so I checked the link.

I would rather die than spend 400 on a pair of sandals!!!

What a colossal waste of money.

Am I alone?

Old 03-11-2014, 12:20 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,431 times
Count me in as another one who likes Aerosoles. They're comfy, good tread, and I don't find them to be old-ladyish. Also, Indigo by Clarks and Frye. I won't break the bank on a pair of shoes, but a well-fitting pair of shoes is cheaper than bunion surgery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty