Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2014, 10:33 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
condoleeza rice, i think, said black people tend to talk about race too much...and it hurts them.

i'd agree.

stop talking with race tinted glasses on...
As soon as we live in an actual color neutral society, I'll replace my race lens.

Old 03-10-2014, 10:38 PM

28,668 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
condoleeza rice, i think, said black people tend to talk about race too much...and it hurts them.

i'd agree.

I think that can happen when Boomers are dead. But as long as Boomers are still in control of industry and politics...no.

And I'm a Boomer saying so.

Old 03-10-2014, 10:41 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,546,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
As soon as we live in an actual color neutral society, I'll replace my race lens.
Other people have to do that first, right? It's not up to you to do it. The follower.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:07 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodstockSchool1980 View Post
Other people have to do that first, right? It's not up to you to do it. The follower.
Its kind of hard to ignore race when others constantly interact/react/judge/remind you of your race or how you are (or are 'supposed' to be) different from them....based solely on your race.

Old 03-11-2014, 05:44 AM

28,668 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:

i'd agree.

If I take a survey of the new threads started in the C-D forums, I don't think I'll find that it's black people who do the most talking about race.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:02 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,483,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I like her but its Only because she was nominated and won an oscar .

I don't see women like Tika sumpter being championed as beautiful
I think Tika Sumpter is gorgeous. She rocked on Gossip Girl.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:12 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,483,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Its kind of hard to ignore race when others constantly interact/react/judge/remind you of your race or how you are (or are 'supposed' to be) different from them....based solely on your race.
Tell me about.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:15 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times
[quote=jerseygal4u;33826943]Well then,what if someone dark skinned wants to bleach their dark skin to look beautiful to mainstream society?

Why is there such criticism when someone wants to bleach their skin,but its ok to wear weaves which don't match the hair texture?

Notice I dodnt say its wrong to wear weaves or extensions,I just said its wrong to wear weaves that aren't one's natural texture.[/]

Why are the issues going on with black women and our beauty techniques so concerning for you? It's bizarre. Besides, I'm not trying to be rude but your opinion about what type of weave a black women should wear is irrelevant and completely silly. Its a bit ironic, your willing to shell several thousands of dollars to get a new face and a new body because you don't like your own natural look, yet you have the nerve to tell black women to look more natural?

You really need to focus on yourself and getting to the root of why YOU cannot accept the body and face you were given rather then focusing on what black women are doing. It's far easier to cast judgement on what other women are doing than it is to examine yourself and understand the reasons you feel the need to engage in similar behaviors. As I said you are projecting. Your a mirror. The very issues you fixate on regarding black women are issues YOU notice (more than anything else) because you essentially are mimicking these same behaviors and feelings. In other words the real reason you are fixated on what type of weave black women wear, amongst other things, is due to the fact that you yourself cannot stand the natural YOU. You identify with black women seeking what you deem unnatural because you are also on the same journey. Thats how projection works. the very things you see in yourself you will see in others. and the exact way you feel about these things, will be projected onto others.

you can't stand to look at yourself and you feel ugly. You identify this need to look a certain way--in black women- and your anger and frustration with black women not accepting their natural hair and natural selves stems from the anger and frustration you feel with yourself for not being able to love yourself despite the way you look. Once you understand this and focus on accepting and loving you, this frustration and fixation with a group of women that has no bearing on YOU, will cease to exist.

Stop focusing on what black women are doing and how you think they should look and focus on yourself. It shouldn't even be a concern of yours.

Btw I hope to see you and RedHead and the other select few concerned citizens to be equally vocal in the next thread about white women tanning to get orange, dying their hair bleach blonde, twerking, trying to get bigger hums(or claiming to have big butts) and wearing cosmetics, as an attempt to not be their natural selves.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:24 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,538,789 times
Hopefully she will broaden the face of beauty.

After all, beauty is not color based.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:01 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany's Ring View Post
I'm not sure how to take this.

On one hand, I really like academia and encourage people to further their education, on the other hand while I dig a certain level of "refinement" and "style" in a person I also dislike snobbery and people that think they walk on water.

Especially concerning your words I highlighted in bold blue, but in general your overall tone and comments, what am I suppose to infer from your comments about the dark skinned, black woman I grew up with that has a few daughters and grandchildren, has never married, and has no college education?

I think the world of her. Being able to change her grandchildren's diapers next to her would be more of a blessing for me than my college degree.

Yeah... ideally I would like a wife with one or more advanced degrees, maybe one that comes from money, and one that speaks multiple languages. On the other hand in the end those things really don't matter and this "girl around the block" is my ideal wife and always has been. She's "ghetto" too in the sense she'll fight another woman at the drop of a hat. Don't get me wrong... she doesn't start drama, she's not "ghetto" in any other way, but she's no "punk." And if some ghetto--or college educated--woman jumped up in my face for no reason, while she's present, she better be ready to put her dukes up because the girl ain't have'n it.

Like Tiger Woods when his image was one of the "good boys"? Or Oscar Dela Hoya known as "The Golden Boy," who's franchise image was driven by his "good boy" of boxing image until he developed a crack cocaine problem, and while high would cross-dress in female clothing in the presence paid female prostitutes? Oscar later admitted he had an alcohol problem going all the way back to his youth--his teenage years if not earlier childhood.

Arnold and Hulk Hoggan? Steroid users for decades. The former also an adulterer.

Those were the "good boys" and not the "bad boys." Mostly everyone has some bad in them, especially today when it comes to sex and promiscuity. I would say most young women today that are "good girls" are promiscuous enough outside the media lights that in the 1950s they would have been considered wh*res.
I thought that you liked Latina women and greatly disliked black women because they rejected you because you were light skinned?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty